The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AfcFob
Right, first off she committed a battery as she applied unlawful force onto you without your permission. You will also have to prove she had some form of intention to commit the battery whether that be direct intent, oblique intent or recklessness. If you can clearly find CCTV footage that can be used as evidence to prove she had some form of intent, it should be game on for you. (I only do AS Law atm just saying)

Oblique intent is not applicable for battery, only direct or recklessness
Original post by Twinpeaks
You can't grasp the obvious here mate, I can't make it any more clear. Come back when you gain a few IQ points which will allow for some higher level reasoning, because you simply aren't linking what I'm saying. Maybe read my post again, carefully this time. Or otherwise, do not waste my time in replying.

Not an argument, just patronizing.

And speaking for a majority is the epitome of generalising.

If you're deducing to an opinion that isn't based on anything, yes.
The whole point of my comment was that male sexual harassment isn't taken as seriously. That's based on hard evidence, considering all the studies taken on female sexual harassment. Pop culture also tends to cover it up too.
I never made a generalization. I made a statement based on society's view of men, about how they "welcome harassment", which is just more of a generalization than you've made already.

you are being so idiotic I feel like slamming my head against the wall

You shouldn't get so angry.
Maybe the head-bashing would explain why you've made so many errors already.
People have blown this out of proportion, calm down. Im just a surviver telling my story.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Superhotfire
I was abused last night by a female who touched me in a way I was not comfortable with and she had no permission. I am going to report her to the police and suggest they review cctv footage of the sexual assault I want her put on the list of barred adults and for it to show on a DBS. What are ny chances of success?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can always hire a no win no fee lawyer. The publicity alone should net you a few bob.
This must be a joke. Okay this is not abuse this is sexual harrassment - two very different things. If you want to be pedantic it could be classed as an isolated case of very minor sexual assault. Please don't waste the polices time over this. People get raped, sexually assaulted and abused every day and **** all is done to bring justice to them. Over 90% of rapists never even get taken to court and 99% of rapists never serve even a day in jail. And if they have to waste their time with complaints like this then what little chances these victims have are ruined even more. I've been touched and groped numerous amounts of times in public - sometimes by accident, sometimes on purpose. Sometimes simply grabbed at the waist or had an arm put around me (not too invasive but makes me feel uncomfortable) or sometimes stroked on my thigh or grabbed on the arse or breasts. (Morally wrong and makes me feel very uncomfortable.) It's irritating and makes me feel terrible, repulsed and scared at times but it's really nothing in comparison to actual abuse. Believe me I know. If this woman was consistently targeting and groping you throughout the night then you should have reported it to a bouncer. If she'd done something like put her hand down your trousers and groped your dick or held you against a wall by force whilst touching you and kissing you etc. Then yes that would be an actual sexual assault not a slap on the arse. Please try and see how you are belittlimg the term abuse by writing this. I seriously hope you do not waste the polices time over this - if it happens again move away from the individual - if you are followed report it to a bouncer. If you are consistently harrassed by an individual in a club definitley report it to a bouncer and if you are actually sexually assaulted then yes please report it to the police. You are either very naiive, creating this thread to prove a point, or have led a very sheltered life I don't know which.
Original post by Mazzy95
This must be a joke. Okay this is not abuse this is sexual harrassment - two very different things. If you want to be pedantic it could be classed as an isolated case of very minor sexual assault. Please don't waste the polices time over this. People get raped, sexually assaulted and abused every day and **** all is done to bring justice to them. Over 90% of rapists never even get taken to court and 99% of rapists never serve even a day in jail. And if they have to waste their time with complaints like this then what little chances these victims have are ruined even more. I've been touched and groped numerous amounts of times in public - sometimes by accident, sometimes on purpose. Sometimes simply grabbed at the waist or had an arm put around me (not too invasive but makes me feel uncomfortable) or sometimes stroked on my thigh or grabbed on the arse or breasts. (Morally wrong and makes me feel very uncomfortable.) It's irritating and makes me feel terrible, repulsed and scared at times but it's really nothing in comparison to actual abuse. .

Really? So if someone is convicted of rape, they only have a 1% chance of going to prison? I find that pretty difficult to believe tbh.
Original post by Mazzy95
This must be a joke. Okay this is not abuse this is sexual harrassment - two very different things. If you want to be pedantic it could be classed as an isolated case of very minor sexual assault. Please don't waste the polices time over this. People get raped, sexually assaulted and abused every day and **** all is done to bring justice to them. Over 90% of rapists never even get taken to court and 99% of rapists never serve even a day in jail. And if they have to waste their time with complaints like this then what little chances these victims have are ruined even more. I've been touched and groped numerous amounts of times in public - sometimes by accident, sometimes on purpose. Sometimes simply grabbed at the waist or had an arm put around me (not too invasive but makes me feel uncomfortable) or sometimes stroked on my thigh or grabbed on the arse or breasts. (Morally wrong and makes me feel very uncomfortable.) It's irritating and makes me feel terrible, repulsed and scared at times but it's really nothing in comparison to actual abuse. Believe me I know. If this woman was consistently targeting and groping you throughout the night then you should have reported it to a bouncer. If she'd done something like put her hand down your trousers and groped your dick or held you against a wall by force whilst touching you and kissing you etc. Then yes that would be an actual sexual assault not a slap on the arse. Please try and see how you are belittlimg the term abuse by writing this. I seriously hope you do not waste the polices time over this - if it happens again move away from the individual - if you are followed report it to a bouncer. If you are consistently harrassed by an individual in a club definitley report it to a bouncer and if you are actually sexually assaulted then yes please report it to the police. You are either very naiive, creating this thread to prove a point, or have led a very sheltered life I don't know which.

How could you possibly differentiate whether it was accidental or on purpose?
A slap on the arse still counts as sexual harassment. Someone who was scarred by an incident like this has the authority to make a claim. Who are you to say otherwise?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Really? So if someone is convicted of rape, they only have a 1% chance of going to prison? I find that pretty difficult to believe tbh.

They didn't say convicted rapists. Although yeah, 99% is almost certainly derived from the colon of that poster.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
They didn't say convicted rapists. Although yeah, 99% is almost certainly derived from the colon of that poster.

Well if they haven't been convicted, on what basis are they a rapist?
Why would any guy care about a girl slapping his arse?

I didn't realise that the definition of rapist had to actually include the word "convicted"?

Surely you realise someone can be a rapist who has not been found guilty of it in a court of law.

Again, not defending the poster's comment, just pointing out that they weren't saying what you were mocking.

If they physically raped someone but were not found guilty of rape.
(edited 8 years ago)
I wish people would realise how creepy it is when they get all defensive about #notallrapists
:nope:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
If they physically raped someone but were not found guilty of rape.

Sure, but there can't possibly be accurate stats on that, since if people knew they were a rapist, they would have been found guilty of rape.

Of course I agree that there will be people who have committed rape but that are not found guilty.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I didn't realise that the definition of rapist had to actually include the word "convicted"?

Surely you realise someone can be a rapist who has not been found guilty of it in a court of law.

Again, not defending the poster's comment, just pointing out that they weren't saying what you were mocking.

Yes I do indeed. The point is that there will not be accurate stats on that, so I was curious what the person I quoted was using as evidence.
Yes I do indeed. The point is that there will not be accurate stats on that, so I was curious what the person I quoted was using as evidence.

Probably something like http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/rape-a-lack-of-conviction/

Of course that doesn't factor in rapists who rape multiple times.
Erm. Does anyone here not condemn sexual abuse in whatever form it takes? I really think you're all arguing for the sake of it.

Why not cut this short and go call your mothers or something? Then at least you'll have done something meaningful tonight.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mazzy95

So in other words..

if a female accuses a man of rape, he definitely did it.

If hes found guilty he definitely did it

If hes not found guilty he definitely did it

feminist pig

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PQ
Probably something like http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/rape-a-lack-of-conviction/

Of course that doesn't factor in rapists who rape multiple times.

You seem intelligent from your normal posts, you can't seriously believe that that link you've just posted supports what the person I quoted said.

Well then you are naiive to trust the police just like I was when I was fifteen. Don't worry about it though it's very common to think that a high number of rapists actually get a conviction. Most people believe that they do. In regards to sexual abuse very little is done to help trust me. These statistics come from Rapecrisis, RAINN and CSEW - statistics especially regarding crimes like this can never be 100% accurate but they are based on reported and recorded crime, surveys and estimates.

Latest