The Student Room Group

My cousin might die due to cancer

Have you guys had a relative who was diagnosed with cancer? share your story's in this thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shoriffmiah
Have you guys had a relative who was diagnosed with cancer? share your story's in this thread.

My grandfather got lung cancer when I was 17, he put up a good fight but lost in the end.
Reply 2

my aunty had it. she died eventually i'm afraid.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
My grandfather got lung cancer when I was 17, he put up a good fight but lost in the end.

That's sad to hear at such a young age. Im also 17 as well.
Reply 4
Original post by john2054
my aunty had it. she died eventually i'm afraid.

Im sorry for your loss

My uncle (34 years old) was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 2012 and passed away in November 2015 and I hanged around with him all the time as he was going threw it. It was a big experience for me and I've learnt and grown up so much mentally and psychologically.
Reply 6
I'm sorry man :frown:
i know my uncle's mother-in-law has ovarian cancer, and so does a friend's mother, but they're still doing well
i don't know the details obviously but they're both on chemo and my uncle's wife and my friend seem happy enough so that's good :smile:
My aunty on my father's side died from liver cancer. As soon as she past a way my aunty on my mother's side was diagnosed with breast cancer. Thankfully she was diagnosed early so they were able to treat it before it got any worse. **** YOU CANCER!!! I HOPE YOU DIE IN HELL ONE DAY!!! :angry:
Reply 8
Original post by RomanKing
My uncle (34 years old) was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 2012 and passed away in November 2015 and I hanged around with him all the time as he was going threw it. It was a big experience for me and I've learnt and grown up so much mentally and psychologically.

It is very depressing knowing that there is little chance of survival for those who encounter it. my cousin is 12 and she doesn't really understand whats going to happen to her in the future. Right now she's in a hospital for treatment yet she is living life at the fullest.
That's sad to hear at such a young age. Im also 17 as well.

I dealt with worse at much younger but it's a really tough thing to go through when you're a teenager. Surround yourself with supportive people, my friends really kept my strength up when my grandad got sick.
Original post by z33
I'm sorry man :frown:
i know my uncle's mother-in-law has ovarian cancer, and so does a friend's mother, but they're still doing well
i don't know the details obviously but they're both on chemo and my uncle's wife and my friend seem happy enough so that's good :smile:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

My friend has 18 today, when he was 17 he went to hospital due to a broken knee. He never came back. He's pretty okay today but still sick .. When I knew for his cancer I had nightmares every single night .. Now it's okay I guess I'm used to it. Really hope he'll heal someday, he's so young.
"Cancer" is not one disease, and the prognosis for some is considerably better than others. My husband had lymphoma 6 years ago, went through some horrible treatment and is fine now. Likewise, I have two male friends diagnosed with testicular cancer around the same time who had surgery and are now completely well.
Reply 13
My uncle died of lung cancer just over 3 years ago. He got diagnosed with lung cancer 6 months before his death, unfortunately it spread to his heart and he was only given a few months to live. Cancer is a bitch.
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
My friend has 18 today, when he was 17 he went to hospital due to a broken knee. He never came back. He's pretty okay today but still sick .. When I knew for his cancer I had nightmares every single night .. Now it's okay I guess I'm used to it. Really hope he'll heal someday, he's so young.

I cant stand it when i hear young people with cancer, it's just not fair they still have their whole life ahead of them and its being cut short :frown:.
Original post by claireestelle

My Grandfather died of Myeloma when i was 16.
Original post by Kre
My uncle died of lung cancer just over 3 years ago. He got diagnosed with lung cancer 6 months before his death, unfortunately it spread to his heart and he was only given a few months to live. Cancer is a bitch.

Its weird that cancer always targets our loved ones like why cant our enemies get it?
I cant stand it when i hear young people with cancer, it's just not fair they still have their whole life ahead of them and its being cut short :frown:.

Ikr :frown: the worst part is that I know this guy since like 15 years, it's so horrible.. When I see him I'm feeling like crying inside, but he smiles everyday, and do not want to see his friends crying. He's a good person , he does not deserve any of it :frown:
Original post by chikane
My Grandfather died of Myeloma when i was 16.

im sorry to hear that
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Ikr :frown: the worst part is that I know this guy since like 15 years, it's so horrible.. When I see him I'm feeling like crying inside, but he smiles everyday, and do not want to see his friends crying. He's a good person , he does not deserve any of it :frown:

i understand your pain..

Quick Reply

Latest