The Student Room Group

Pro choice or pro life?

Poll

Pro choice or pro life?

Would like to get some opinions in this. I know that our bodies should definitely not be some controversial issue but would like to know why people are so against people doing what they think is best for themselves?

Scroll to see replies

I'm pro life unless its a major health risk to the mother. Even if the child is unwanted, they can be put up for adoption when born.
Pro choice. As much as I'm against sleeping around with random people, you should still have a choice
I'm both, if that makes sense. I think human life is valuable so I'd always encourage people to consider the alternatives before they abort. But, just because I would personally never have an abortion (unless the foetus was not viable), I would not want to take that choice away from anyone else.
Reply 4
Such stupid names, as though those who are 'pro-choice' are 'anti-life'. It's things like this that got Hitler into power.
pro choice because no one has the right to tell a woman what she can or can't do with her body.
Original post by Lagomorph
Pro choice. As much as I'm against sleeping around with random people, you should still have a choice

I hope by sleeping around you mean both men and woman?? Personally I think people's sexuality should not be judged. Sex is fun and both men and woman shouldn't be shamed for it or called vile names like slut
Pro choice
Original post by Anonymous
I'm both, if that makes sense. I think human life is valuable so I'd always encourage people to consider the alternatives before they abort. But, just because I would personally never have an abortion (unless the foetus was not viable), I would not want to take that choice away from anyone else.

I think that's a really good attitude to have! :smile: People normally would respect the clump of cells in a woman's body rather than the living, breathing woman already alive :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by hxfsxh
I'm pro life unless its a major health risk to the mother. Even if the child is unwanted, they can be put up for adoption when born.

Thats gotta suck for the kid though right? Growing up not knowing his/her real parents.

:/

p.s I'm pro life as well.... I'm just saying the other side of the story.
pro choice, i think its ridiculous how much stick some women get for wanting to make a decision for their own body/life.
Original post by PillsIV
Thats gotta suck for the kid though right? Growing up not knowing his/her real parents.

True, or even being born into a family where the parents did not even want them, therefore being mistreated. I hear stories about that often :frown:
Reply 12
I'm pro life people need to take responsibility
Original post by Wolfegirl98
I hope by sleeping around you mean both men and woman?? Personally I think people's sexuality should not be judged. Sex is fun and both men and woman shouldn't be shamed for it or called vile names like slut

I didn't mean to judge anyone. I meant being careless and not taking responsibility for one's actions, gender doesn't matter here. Sorry for my English :tongue:
Just waiting for pro lifers to give the good ol' it's murder argument :rolleyes:
Original post by Wolfegirl98
I think that's a really good attitude to have! :smile: People normally would respect the clump of cells in a woman's body rather than the living, breathing woman already alive :frown:

Thank you :smile: I feel silly for having to voice my opinion anonymously, but I know from experience that people can get very... Heated over this issue, especially over the internet.
Original post by al_94
I'm pro life people need to take responsibility

I guess you are the type of person who would blame a woman for being raped because ' she could have prevented it'??? Yes, woman everywhere. Take RESPONSABILITY for your rape!! It is your fault!! :colonhash:
Original post by PillsIV

True but on the other side, their parents didn't want them so do they really want to meet them?
Original post by Lagomorph
I didn't mean to judge anyone. I meant being careless and not taking responsibility for one's actions, gender doesn't matter here. Sorry for my English :tongue:

No, don't worry I can't understand where you're coming from. People should not use an abortion lightly. But it should always be an option.
In the U.S., the 14th Amendment to the Constitution covers the situation quite well.

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Now-- all you have to do is define "citizen," "person," "privileges," "immunities," "life," "liberty," and "property" and you're all set to make an ethical decision on that policy. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending