The Student Room Group

Field of Economics in a nutshell.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aceadria
There's only on k in 'prick'. Better luck next time, old chap.

There's an e in 'one' you stupid c*nt. Dont come here trying to correct my grammar and go do your history you embarrassing fool
Reply 41
Original post by BradleyLawrence
The BBC is incredibly left wing, what are you even on about mate. Stop believing everything you read.

people always say that the BBC is left wing yet i see no evidence of it (though it's publically owned, it shouldn't be biased one way or the other)

what about the tory mp who fakes death threats? that didn't come on the BBC once

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-mp-defends-faking-death-threat-over-syria-air-strikes-vote-a6764766.html

it is on the BBC website, but the vast majority of people get their info from BBC news tv where it was not once mentioned
Original post by under8ed
There's an e in 'one' you stupid c*nt. Dont come here trying to correct my grammar

Touché. FYI, I was correcting your spelling.

go do your history you embarrassing fool

Why don't you point out where or how my historical facts were wrong?
(edited 8 years ago)
Touché. FYI, I was correcting your spelling.

Why don't you point out where or how my historical facts were wrong?

no, i will not point out where your historical facts are wrong. When I addressed you as an 'embarrassing fool', I was referring to your ridiculous far right opinions and your mockery of people of lower social status.This is proof of how much of an ignorant f*cking c*nt you are, and have no value to society.
no, i will not point out where your historical facts are wrong.

Ah, classic deflection.

When I addressed you as an 'embarrassing fool', I was referring to your ridiculous far right opinions and your mockery of people of lower social status.This is proof of how much of an ignorant f*cking c*nt you are, and have no value to society.

*Sigh* I do wish people understood sarcasm.
Original post by mangala
austerity > hurts poor working people
taxing the rich > they cant buy as many sports cars

so why do we have austerity instead of temporarily taxing the rich higher until the economy recovers?

you're forgetting that the sports cars the rich are buying are employing other people who sell them, thus creating necessary jobs. not just in sports cars but in many things, it could be argued that so many jobs are reliant on the rich spending their money. (I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with anyone here, just making a point that I think needed to be made)
Reply 46
Original post by thelionsroar_
you're forgetting that the sports cars the rich are buying are employing other people who sell them, thus creating necessary jobs. not just in sports cars but in many things, it could be argued that so many jobs are reliant on the rich spending their money. (I'm not agreeing/disagreeing with anyone here, just making a point that I think needed to be made)

i get what you mean and i understand the importance of the rich, but raising taxes on the ultra rich would not have any negative affects. they have plenty of money saved up if they wanted to keep buying things, it wouldn't reduce their spending

+ it would only be temporary until we had raised enough money to nationalise bodies which are of large expenditure to the poor (energy, for example). reduced expenditure for poor + living wage = eradication of in-work benefits whilst poor people would still be able to live comfortably. poor people having more money means that people have more money to buy things and therefore business sell more products, which means they can expand and create jobs.

in short, richer poor = everyone better off, even the ultra rich
I prefer Economic History.

Predicting the past is easier than predicting the future.
Attachment not found

Attachment not found

1456457575288.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending