The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
It's almost like surprises don't exist in football.

How can a player miss a penalty?
How could Liverpool beat City?

Mental.

No you won't beat City. Quote me when its not an easy 2-0 City win.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Besides the away goal, that was actually a decent half.

Would still like Lingard to be more direct as our right winger, as he comes inside and passes the ball far too easy when i could be taking a player on.
Original post by qasidb
At least he got it on target. It's not like he missed completely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah fair enough but still. Its such a 'big' game and you expect him to step up and score his pen to put us level on aggregate. Disappointing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's like a genuine circus
There's a lot of luck involved in penalties (as indeed in any part of football), missing a penalty doesn't necessarily mean that a player played poorly.
Original post by Lúcio
Not saying we'll win (I expect we'll lose) but writing us off completely makes you look like an absolute tool.

Can't even justify it by being a United fan because it's your two fiercest rivals anyway...

How does me saying City will beat Liverpool in a cup final make me a tool? :rofl:

Allow the drama, stop burning and quote me if you do beat City.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
There's a lot of luck involved in penalties (as indeed in any part of football), missing a penalty doesn't necessarily mean that a player played poorly.

Don't think anyone has said Mata has played poorly due to having his pen saved. Its just disappointing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
How does me saying City will beat Liverpool in a cup final make me a tool? :rofl:

Allow the drama, stop burning and quote me if you do beat City.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't say that. You're a tool for writing off a team completely. City are obviously better but it's not like we're a league 2 side.

It must be tough seeing a final with both teams you hate when you yourselves are so hilariously poor :smile:
That was a entertaining half of football even though regardless of the away goal, maybe this might be the day where the penny drops for Memphis :biggrin:
Original post by Lúcio
I didn't say that. You're a tool for writing off a team completely. City are obviously better but it's not like we're a league 2 side.

It must be tough seeing a final with both teams you hate when you yourselves are so hilariously poor :smile:

Not really, I couldn't care less what other clubs do or what other clubs win if it ain't Manchester United.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not really, I couldn't care less what other clubs do or what other clubs win if it ain't Manchester United.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you aren't gonna be caring for a long time then :wink:
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
That was a entertaining half of football even though regardless of the away goal, maybe this might be the day where the penny drops for Memphis :biggrin:

Tbh he was quite bright against Shrewsbury as well. I think he's finally starting to settle down. Also, it helps that their RB has been piss poor. Riley making good runs which allows Memphis to have the space to cut in or take his RB one on one.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
Well you aren't gonna be caring for a long time then :wink:

Well that's possibly true. Could be worse tho, we could be Liverpool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How the **** could our most senior player not score a pen

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do u even Carrick
Memphis is literally Ronaldo
Original post by difeo
Do u even Carrick

:rofl: damn I just realised Carrick is playing CB :lolwut:. Can't believe I never spotted him :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by difeo
Memphis is literally Ronaldo

No. Please. Don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:rofl: damn I just realised Carrick is playing CB :lolwut:. Can't believe I never spotted him :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you not see that poverty touch that nearly gifted them a chance lel
Original post by difeo
Did you not see that poverty touch that nearly gifted them a chance lel

Tbf, I didn't even watch most of that first half :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. Please. Don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Srs. He's playing like 2005-07 Ronaldo today. Not quite 07-08 levels yet

Latest