The Student Room Group

IAL results day!

A nice clock just in case you aren't counting down the days.

Don't January exams feel like they were years ago? :moon:

Post your hopes, fears, dreams, predictions, how you're celebrating/comforting yourself and what you actually get.

Good luck! :rave::rave::rave:

Grade boundaries are out :eek4:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yay!! Thanks Sean for the tag :h:

Who else is nervous?

Which exams did you guys sit?
Reply 2
...I'd forgotten about this. Thanks for the reminder. :colonhash:

Nah, seriously though, thanks for the thread. :biggrin: I'll be sad because I've got no clue when I'm getting my results. My exam centre has no clue how to handle these things. :cry:
Reply 3
Original post by Student403
Which exams did you guys sit?

Good idea!

I did:
C1-4
M1-3
S1-2
FP1
Physics 1-3.

You (and everybody else who posts!)? :biggrin:
Original post by Zacken
Good idea!

I did:
C1-4
M1-3
S1-2
FP1
Physics 1-3.

You (and everybody else who posts!)? :biggrin:

OMG that's more exams than I sat at AS - Jeez that's mad!

I only sat Edexcel Unit 4 IAL Physics lol
Reply 5
OMG that's more exams than I sat at AS - Jeez that's mad!

I only sat Edexcel Unit 4 IAL Physics lol

#MessedUpEducation :lol:

How are you feeling about it? :biggrin:
Original post by Zacken
#MessedUpEducation :lol:

How are you feeling about it? :biggrin:

I think I need to go re-read your OP blog post.. That's hella interesting :eek:

To be honest quite 50-50. Having seen the online mark schemes, whether I get the mark I want will unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) come down to the grade boundaries for the session. We'll have to see :dontknow:

How about you? :O
Reply 7
I think I need to go re-read your OP blog post.. That's hella interesting :eek:

To be honest quite 50-50. Having seen the online mark schemes, whether I get the mark I want will unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) come down to the grade boundaries for the session. We'll have to see :dontknow:

How about you? :O

The mark you want is full UMS, right? :biggrin:
Think all my core modules went awesome. Messed up all the applied ones and (embarrassingly so) messed up FP1. :colondollar: It'll come down to boundaries, hopefully they'll be kind. :lol:
Original post by Zacken
The mark you want is full UMS, right? :biggrin:
Think all my core modules went awesome. Messed up all the applied ones and (embarrassingly so) messed up FP1. :colondollar: It'll come down to boundaries, hopefully they'll be kind. :lol:

I really hope so :cry2:

Oh well done on Core! Don't worry about FP1 lol - you know you have the ability regardless so worst comes to worst there is always June - and I'm sure A2 module revision will make mince meat (in the famous words of that Greek Mathematician) of FP1/early applied
Reply 9
I really hope so :cry2:

Oh well done on Core! Don't worry about FP1 lol - you know you have the ability regardless so worst comes to worst there is always June - and I'm sure A2 module revision will make mince meat (in the famous words of that Greek Mathematician) of FP1/early applied

I wager 1 personal rep that you get a full UMS. :colone:

Yeaaah, I don't think I'll be resitting them though! I just want to meet my offer, I don't mind scraping 90 UMS anymore, it'll just be a dent to my pride. :tongue:
Original post by Zacken
I wager 1 personal rep that you get a full UMS. :colone:

Yeaaah, I don't think I'll be resitting them though! I just want to meet my offer, I don't mind scraping 90 UMS anymore, it'll just be a dent to my pride. :tongue:

I'll wager 5 personal reps - If I get full you and Ayman are going to be rich men :rofl:

Oh I totally get that! Yeah that was me with S1 last year - It dented my pride hugely but I couldn't complain because it wasn't below an A. First world problems :argh:
Reply 11
I'll wager 5 personal reps - If I get full you and Ayman are going to be rich men :rofl:

Oh I totally get that! Yeah that was me with S1 last year - It dented my pride hugely but I couldn't complain because it wasn't below an A. First world problems :argh:

Oh, wait. Sorry, I don't know how to do this wager thing properly. :tongue: This is better: If you get full UMS, you give us rep. If you don't, then I will change my profile picture on TSR to me placing a trophy on my head on stage at graduation and looking like an autistic banana. :lol:

Yeah, I get you. Oh well, I think I've done alright on S1, messed up S2 because of those stupid explanation questions! Argh. Defo messed up M3, hoping to scrape by M2 and M1 was worse than I thought. :lol:
Original post by Zacken
Oh, wait. Sorry, I don't know how to do this wager thing properly. :tongue: This is better: If you get full UMS, you give us rep. If you don't, then I will change my profile picture on TSR to me placing a trophy on my head on stage at graduation and looking like an autistic banana. :lol:

Yeah, I get you. Oh well, I think I've done alright on S1, messed up S2 because of those stupid explanation questions! Argh. Defo messed up M3, hoping to scrape by M2 and M1 was worse than I thought. :lol:

OMG I accept - I accept I accept I accept!!! :rofl:

No worries dude! With core out of the way, that's an A* in maths for you! Further maths I think will be a pushover also considering you have more modules than you need - also you are very strong in the FPs which is a huge plus. How're you feeling with physics?

And let's work out some wagers for you :colone:
Reply 13
OMG I accept - I accept I accept I accept!!! :rofl:

No worries dude! With core out of the way, that's an A* in maths for you! Further maths I think will be a pushover also considering you have more modules than you need - also you are very strong in the FPs which is a huge plus. How're you feeling with physics?

And let's work out some wagers for you :colone:

Thanks for that, I hope the A* is as much of a pushover as you say it is. :biggrin:

Sounds fun. :colone: - forget all the cores, that'd be no fun! Let's do something based on M1. That one can go very badly or very well. :lol: What do you have to offer? :wink:
Original post by Zacken
Thanks for that, I hope the A* is as much of a pushover as you say it is. :biggrin:

Sounds fun. :colone: - forget all the cores, that'd be no fun! Let's do something based on M1. That one can go very badly or very well. :lol: What do you have to offer? :wink:

Hmm well aside from boring rep, I'd be willing to share a half pic of my face? Idk if you'd be interested :rofl:
Reply 15
Hmm well aside from boring rep, I'd be willing to share a half pic of my face? Idk if you'd be interested :rofl:

Unmasking spoody? Definitely! I'm intrigued. :biggrin:

Reminds me of this: :rofl:

[video="youtube;GUlTm2SvG_0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUlTm2SvG_0[/video]
Original post by Zacken
Unmasking spoody? Definitely! I'm intrigued. :biggrin:

Reminds me of this: :rofl:

[video="youtube;GUlTm2SvG_0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUlTm2SvG_0[/video]

Err yes except my unmasking would be much less romantic :rofl:
Reply 17
Err yes except my unmasking would be much less romantic :rofl:

Not with me there. :perv:

(shh, don't tell tinkerbella, she'll get jels)
Original post by Zacken
Not with me there. :perv:

(shh, don't tell tinkerbella, she'll get jels)

I definitely won't tell @tinkerbella~!
Reply 19
I definitely won't tell @tinkerbella~!

u srs brah y u do dis

Quick Reply

Latest