The Student Room Group

Pro choice or pro life?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
completely pro-choice, its cruel to the mother and baby to bring a child into the world that they don't want, or cannot take care of.
Reply 41
When it comes to abortion there is a conflict of rights. A child has a right to life, but a women also has the right to control her own body. I believe that a child's right to life is more important than a women's right to control her own body. The only exception is when the mothers life is in danger.

I believe women have the right to control their own bodies. They can take drugs if they choose and can sell their bodies for sex if they choose, I just don't believe they can choose to end someone else's life.
Reply 42
Original post by Wolfegirl98
Would like to get some opinions in this. I know that our bodies should definitely not be some controversial issue but would like to know why people are so against people doing what they think is best for themselves?

Pro-choice, in any circumstance and at any time. A mother's preference automatically takes precedence in an abortion situation, as a foetus is neither rational nor self-aware, and thus cannot have an interest in continuing to live.
Reply 43
Original post by viddy9
Pro-choice, in any circumstance and at any time. A mother's preference automatically takes precedence in an abortion situation, as a foetus is neither rational nor self-aware, and thus cannot have an interest in continuing to live.

At any time? What about one day before the due date?
Pro choice. Saying "there's always adoption" is a little ridiculous, that woman will then have to carry that baby for 9 months. Pregnancy is a difficult and emotional time, let alone having to go through it knowing you don't really want the baby.

I fell pregnant after ONE pill failed because of sickness. I took it like clockwork and I'd never even had a scare before. I was happy and I now have a son who is almost 3 but if my circumstances had been different who knows? Everyone has a different story.
The poll at the top isn't great for a question like this. It's possible to vote for both options. :erm:
Original post by djh2208
When it comes to abortion there is a conflict of rights. A child has a right to life, but a women also has the right to control her own body. I believe that a child's right to life is more important than a women's right to control her own body. The only exception is when the mothers life is in danger.

I believe women have the right to control their own bodies. They can take drugs if they choose and can sell their bodies for sex if they choose, I just don't believe they can choose to end someone else's life.

But IT is not a life, it's a clump of cells :eyeball:
Original post by Hydeman
The poll at the top isn't great for a question like this. It's possible to vote for both options. :erm:

welcome to tumblr culture; everyone's a winner, even if you're a loser.
Original post by Hydeman

Some people are both, in certain situations.. Should I change it?
Reply 49
Original post by djh2208
At any time? What about one day before the due date?

Yes, even at one day before the due date.
Original post by viddy9
Yes, even at one day before the due date.

Hahahahaha I'm not sure that is quite possible, but the mother can always pick adoption if she feels that's the right desision after she gives birth
Some people are both, in certain situations.. Should I change it?

Strictly speaking, the terms pro-life and pro-choice are supposed to describe what you think ought to be the case for not just yourself, but for everyone. In that sense, somebody who wouldn't begrudge others an abortion but couldn't imagine themselves having one is unambiguously pro-choice.

It's up to you -- it's your thread. :dontknow: (pun intended)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 52
But IT is not a life, it's a clump of cells :eyeball:

By 9 weeks that clump of cells has a pair of arms and a pair of legs as well as a nose, a mouth and a pair of eyes.

This is really the crux of the issue though. If you think a foetus is a person then you're pro-life and if you don't then you're pro-choice.
PRO CHOICE.

Nobody should ever be forced into having a child which is unwanted, nor should any child enter the world which would be unwanted by it's mother.
Original post by viddy9

I really respect you and usually agree with you, but this is a really silly argument.

Your logic can be extrapolated to justify legalising infanticide or to euthanise any person in comatose (but not yet brain dead).
Reply 55
Definitely pro choice. What point is there in forcing someone to have a kid they don't want? Saying "just give it up for adoption" is a load of crap because pregnancy and childbirth isn't that easy. Plus the whole "take responsibility for your actions" when sometimes contraception simply fails. Especially when you choose to not have children at all, it's possible that something will go wrong eventually and you shouldn't be forced to change your entire life plans just because of it.

If you don't want an abortion, don't have it. But you can't prevent other people from making their own decisions.
If you are pro life.. Are you paying someone to kill animals for your consumption?? DISGUSTING, BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF. killing an innocent life. Just kidding. But go vegan guys:smile:
Reply 57
If you are pro life.. Are you paying someone to kill animals for your consumption?? DISGUSTING, BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF. killing an innocent life. Just kidding. But go vegan guys:smile:

I'm a vegetarian so I guess I'm pro-life when it comes to animals as well :smile:
Original post by djh2208
I'm a vegetarian so I guess I'm pro-life when it comes to animals as well :smile:

Yay! We are saving the planet :bl:
Original post by viddy9

You could say the same when it is outside the womb though :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending