The Student Room Group

What age will you be ready to have a baby?

Scroll to see replies

Late twenties early 30s, maybe.
Thirty onwards, I think.
Never. I have too much stuff planned out for my life. To many adventures to go on. Maybe adoption in my 40's?? Would be lovely
Original post by glamourprincess
What age do you consider fine to have a baby and I don't know who to have a baby with but I want to study for a few years I just feel broody

lol at people saying some time in their 20s, and even those saying early 30s.

In their 20s most people will still be making f*** all salary wise, and they'll be saddled with student loans too. If you try to start a family then you are going to have a bad time
Reply 24
No I think you will be a good mother though 😊

It's nice of you to think that :smile:

But that's not quite true in my current state. In general I think my opinions and morals regarding parenthood are good, however I have some other issues. Let's just say that I can get very explosive very easily. A child doesn't deserve to be afraid that their own mother might blow up on them at any moment, for no reason in particular. I guess this is something that can be worked on, however I am far too stubborn for that >.>
Original post by Wolfegirl98
Never. I have too much stuff planned out for my life. To many adventures to go on. Maybe adoption in my 40's?? Would be lovely

You're gong to hit 30 and realise your fertlity is going to fall of a cliff in a few years and if you're not already in a long term relationship, you are going to go frantically searching for a mate
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by National Grid
lol at people saying some time in their 20s, and even those saying early 30s.

In their 20s most people will still be making f*** all salary wise, and they'll be saddled with student loans too. If you try to start a family then you are going to have a bad time

There was one nursing student who took maternity leave while studying and going back to uni in September
There was one nursing student who took maternity leave while studying and going back to uni in September

and that proves what exactly?
When I want one: now

When I hope: 23

Realistically: 28+
I think at about 28 ish?
You're gong to hit 30 and realise your fertlity is going to fall of a cliff in a few years and if you're not already in a long term relationship, you are going to go frantically searching for a mate

Uhhh, sorry but think I know my life better than you do.. Thanks for the info.
Us women chances of having a baby is high until 35 were chances are quite low
Original post by Wolfegirl98
Uhhh, sorry but think I know my life better than you do.. Thanks for the info.

lols, I'll start the countdown
and that proves what exactly?

I quests she already had a husband maybe
lols, I'll start the countdown

Or, just worry bout yourself.
Original post by drowzee

I also wanted mine in a few years but ideally 24 but it probably be about 28
Late 20s!
What age do you consider fine to have a baby and I don't know who to have a baby with but I want to study for a few years I just feel broody

Sometime in my 20s
I waited until I was 30. I'd been married for 3 yrs and had my career pretty established. I still felt too young for the lifetime of responsibility that parenthood brings. There's nothing quite like that moment when you come home from hospital with your first baby, and close the front door, and think 'what have I done?' Also, pretty humbling to be described on your medical notes as a 'mature mother', purely because of your biological age.
Original post by drowzee

:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending