The Student Room Group

Pre- Registration Physiotherapy Msc 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Joeys23
I had an interview last Thursday as well but they told me they wouldn't be letting people know for 2-3 weeks. They said the 18 highest scoring candidates from the interview process would get a funded place. Is yours funded?

Hi! Yeah mine is funded :smile: and there is 18 funded yes. They told me 2-3 weeks as well so I was surprised.

My friends who also had their interview Thursday havnt heard anything yet, and I know some Skype interview havnt taken place yet, so i wouldn't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
Anyone else heard back from Birmingham yet? I had my interview on the 9th and I haven't heard back. Also has anyone been invited to an interview for King's yet?
Hi all,
Congratulations Dani on your offer that's fantastic! You must of really impressed so that's a credit to you. I've applied to Birmingham it's my one and only choice as I'm from Birmingham and not keen on moving away! Currently a 3rd year Physical Activity, Exercise and Health student at University of Wolverhampton and I'm a PT too.

I haven't even had my initial response back on my application but got an email last week to say plenty of applications are to be judged still! So I'm hoping that I've done enough to get an interview and do my best to get a place! RyePhys hope you get a positive response.

Good luck all,
Rory
Reply 23
Has anyone heard back from kings college or st.georges yet?!
Original post by rs101
Has anyone heard back from kings college or st.georges yet?!

I had a st. George's interview last week and they said they have another interview in March. They send out invites around 2 weeks beforehand so don't worry! They should get to you soon. I assume the March interview will be towards the middle/end of the month

Everyone is still waiting on KCL still..
Reply 25
How did you find it?
Getting worried as I have only heard back from Essex which is my top choice but still would like to hear back from others!

Any idea when KCL will release interview offers?
Original post by rs101
How did you find it?
Getting worried as I have only heard back from Essex which is my top choice but still would like to hear back from others!

Any idea when KCL will release interview offers?

I personally didn't like the multiple mini interview style compared to my interview with Brunel. But you may like it, because you do a lot of different tasks. But because they are strictly set, you're limited to "show off" yourself like you would at a normal interview. KCL do the same style of interview as well.

Congrats for Essex! I'm in the same position, I'd like to know about my other choices as well.

Kings should have sent out offers by now to be honest because on the open day they said the interviews were on the 9th & 16th March which is pretty soon
Reply 27
Yeah got the interview for Essex on 21st March, so hopefully all goes well!

Oh really thats so soon for KCL!
Reply 28
Hi guys, just to let you know I have had my interview offer through today from KCL. Most of them would have probably gone out. Good luck!
Congratulations!!! well done!
Original post by RyePhys
Hi guys, just to let you know I have had my interview offer through today from KCL. Most of them would have probably gone out. Good luck!

Well done and good luck!
Original post by BStew
Hi guys!

I'm in my last year of a Sports Therapy degree, which I have had to undertake as when I was completing my A levels had no idea I wanted to follow a career in physio. I was hoping a BSc in Sports therapy would easily land me a place on a BSc in physio; but have had 3 out of 5 choices rejected.

Is applying for a pre-reg physio degree a pointless move to make to cover my backside? I appriciare I may hear a positive response from my remaining choices but I'll be 25 at the start of the courses and would like to get into a career sooner rather than later.

Thanks

Ben

Hey, you need to find out why you've been rejected from the BSc choices, otherwise if theres something wrong with your application, the MSc will all reject for the same reasons. Do you have physio work experience? Make sure you've explained what you've gained from work experience on your applications, they don't care how much experience you have, they want to know what insight its given you to the profession of physio. Also don't mention sports physio, its an NHS course and they want to make NHS physios, if you start talking about sports physio they will think you don't have a realistic idea of what being a physio actually entails. Get some knowledge about NHS values and the NHS constitution into your applications too as thats a main part of showing you understand the profession.Hope that helps!
Hi guys, got an interview confirmation a few days ago from KCL... Nothing back from Birmingham yet, applied about 6 weeks ago... do you think it's bad news?!
Original post by jackpomroy
Hi guys, got an interview confirmation a few days ago from KCL... Nothing back from Birmingham yet, applied about 6 weeks ago... do you think it's bad news?!

Hi mate,
I've not heard back from Birmingham yet but had an email to say plenty of applications are still to be looked at. Couple have been offered places already but I'm just concentrating on my own game if I get an interview! Good luck
Yeah I did think that, cheers for your reply mate. Good luck to you also
Yeah I did think that, cheers for your reply mate. Good luck to you also

It's crazy how competitive it is! Whoever gets on must really have nailed it. What uni are you at and what degree are you doing mate?
Been working this year but I did sports therapy and rehabilitation at Bristol UWE, how about yourself?
Been working this year but I did sports therapy and rehabilitation at Bristol UWE, how about yourself?

Sounds good mate! I'm in my third year at university of Wolverhampton, study Physical activity, exercise and health. Work as a PT too, got some good physio work experience so hopefully!

Had another email today by the way saying applications are still being assessed.
Ah nice one thanks for letting me know. You didn't by any chance have a placement at Wolves did you?
Reply 39
I have also had my interview for MSc at Birmingham - still waiting to hear back! I hope its soon!
Has anybody applied for Leed's Beckett and heard anything yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending