The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We're so ****ing good
This must be our best match yet
Brilliant goal after a brilliant performance from Memphis.

Now all he needs to do is carry his confidence through into his league form.
Original post by difeo
We're so ****ing good

It's refreshing to see a comprehensive, well deserved win.
Reckon you guys are back, and with a bang! Quality performance against top quality opposition. #LVGIn
Judging by our performance, the players must have been roasting like crazy (the whole horny comment)
I think it would be a mistake to hire Mourinho over LVG. Results have not been great this season but Mourinho has never demonstrated he has the ability to bring young players in and make them into top stars. He has demonstrated he can win trophies through a whole raft of big signings and then leave a time floundering. I think there is something to LVG, I really do, that suggests to me that he may be a very very good coach despite what people say.
****ing hell, the contrasting between opinions from minute to minute is worse than the arsenal fanbase
Original post by James.Carnell
I think it would be a mistake to hire Mourinho over LVG. Results have not been great this season but Mourinho has never demonstrated he has the ability to bring young players in and make them into top stars. He has demonstrated he can win trophies through a whole raft of big signings and then leave a time floundering. I think there is something to LVG, I really do, that suggests to me that he may be a very very good coach despite what people say.

No. Most of the young players that have come through was due to injuries and being forced on van Gaal. I mean yeah sure give him a bit of credit for playing youth but not fully since some were forced. van Gaal has to walk at the end of the season.

Original post by David Brent.
****ing hell, the contrasting between opinions from minute to minute is worse than the arsenal fanbase

We're still **** but tonight was progress. We'll probably get hammered by Arsenal tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So important to go into Sunday with wins and five goals including two for Rashford, all-round performance from Depay (yet he has to improve in the PL as he won't have it as easy as he did tonight) and the young lads did OK. Defence and no Martial is a worry but hope DDG is back
andreas pereira is a buff ting
Original post by James.Carnell

Even after how we played today I still think LVG needs to go. One decimation doesn't change that. We've seen this season that LVG is in fact a very, very poor coach. Maybe he was great in the past, but now he's simply terrible.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
We're still **** but tonight was progress. We'll probably get hammered by Arsenal tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Barring that 3-0 loss away to Arsenal, we play well in the big games so I don't think we'll get hammered. If we lose then I think it would only be by one goal.
Europe League champions confirmed.
Dortmund must be ****ing themselves:biggrin:
Original post by qasidb
Barring that 3-0 loss away to Arsenal, we play well in the big games so I don't think we'll get hammered. If we lose then I think it would only be by one goal.

If De Gea is out, then it'll be a hammering. Arsenal will want to bounce back from the Barca defeat and reaffirm their title challenge. They'll make a statement against us at OT, I really fear an embarrassing smashing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rashford lost his virginity tonight.

Yes that humorous wordplay was intended.
Original post by Rk2k14

I want to believe we'll make it past the next round but all the other sides left are better than us currently bar Liverpool and Sparta Prague.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14

more like UEFA Super Cup champions 2016:biggrin:
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
If De Gea is out, then it'll be a hammering. Arsenal will want to bounce back from the Barca defeat and reaffirm their title challenge. They'll make a statement against us at OT, I really fear an embarrassing smashing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're acting as if we've given up on top 4. We need that just as much as they need the title and its not as if we're going into this game high on confidence.
Both teams desperately need a win and it'll probably be decided by a deflection or a piece of brilliance.

LVG in, personally.

Latest