The Student Room Group

What lyrics to a song have you mistaken for something else.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mochassassin
ZAYN's PillowTalk...
I mistook "bed all day, bed all day, bed all day" for "better day, better day, better day" and wondered what on earth was wrong with his pronunciation.

I originally thought he was saying "battle day" :lol:
From Savage by Helloween,'they just call a sandwich, and that's what we like to eat'. It's really 'they just call us savage, and that's what I like to be'
And from Liberate by Slipknot, 'liberate bananas' as opposed to 'liberate my madness'
I got sober I'm not a soldier

Instead of

I got soul but I'm not a soldier
Reply 23
When I heard lips are movin or whatever it's called on the bus to school I thought the chorus was "if you like summer women then you'll love, love, love me"
To be fair the sound quality wasn't great and the roads were bumpy so the journey was generally loud..
"We rub a Mexican monkey" by Los Daft Punk.
Original post by Ravenous
I originally thought he was saying "battle day" :lol:

Hahaha, that would actually work, y'know! Since he was talking about fighting and enemies and whatnot. :tongue:
I'm like a rubber band, until you pull too hard. I messed up but I move on...
It was actually I'm like a rubber band until you pull too hard, Yeah, I may snap and I move fast

From Elastic Heart by Sia
I often experience the opposite.

For years I correctly sang "I wanna be sedated"

Later, after hearing the suggestion, I now only sing "I wanna piece of bacon".
Original post by Indieboohoo1
The songs that sounded like something but when you read the lyrics you were wrong. I thought the song 'sweet nothing' by Calvin Harris and Florence Welch the lyric was "when your giving me sexy elephant" but the lyric is "giving me such sweet nothing". Also that Lukas Graham song '7 years' I thought he was saying "I only see mangoes" but he says " I only see my goals". 😂

Did someone say mangoes? :eek:
And I never understand anything anyone is ever saying. It's all a blur.
I also thought the pussycat dolls song 'when I grow up' I thought she said "when I grow up I want to have boobies" but she says "groupies"
Original post by SeanFM
'Get along you Starbucks lovers' instead of 'got a long list of ex lovers' - Blank Space.

Omg the number of times I thought tht before reading the lyrics to the song
Now you're in New York, concrete jungle, wet dream, tomato

Empire State of Mind
fetty wap - 679

instead of
"and i got this sewed up"
i thought it was
"i got this soda" ... did anyone think this too? lol
Original post by StrawbAri
Now you're in New York, concrete jungle, wet dream, tomato

Empire State of Mind

:moon: wow, those version of the lyrics are a blast from the past :tongue:
Best ones ever:

Rolling Stones - Beast of Burden - "I'll never leave your pizza burning" versus the real one "I'll never be your beast of burden".

Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze - "Excuse me while I kiss this guy" versus the real one "Excuse me while I kiss the sky".
Original post by SeanFM
:moon: wow, those version of the lyrics are a blast from the past :tongue:

All thanks to the try guys :tongue:

I can't unhear it now. :lol:
Eurgh! And their lives are gay. Eurgh! And their lives are full of sperm!

[video="youtube;7-BnB3xxUoA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-BnB3xxUoA[/video]
Hahaha, that would actually work, y'know! Since he was talking about fighting and enemies and whatnot. :tongue:

Yeah I think that's probably why I assumed he said that :tongue: I also was wondering why he was using such a weird accent/pronunciation
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ravenous
Yeah I think that's probably why I assumed he said that :tongue: I also was wondering why he was using such a weird accent/pronunciation

SAME! Omg, 'bed all' sounded like "bear-raw', imo anyway. :rofl:
SAME! Omg, 'bed all' sounded like "bear-raw', imo anyway. :rofl:

Haha that's true, I thought maybe it was his Bradford accent that I wasn't used to.
Btw, make sure to watch this if you already haven't :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-3W7mM87yg

Quick Reply

Latest