The Student Room Group

Mental health getting worse

I have psychotic depression and I can't go back to hospital as crisis team won't allow me I live in a rehabilitation housing where there's staff but I feel like they can't support me I have obession with researching and applying for courses, in love with my ex and have breakdowns with some friends and issues at home.
(edited 8 years ago)
Someone please help
How old are you? Sorry you're struggling are you on any medication?
Original post by Little Popcorns
How old are you? Sorry you're struggling are you on any medication?

20 and on anti depressants but feel I need hospital treatment
Hi I went to your profile and there is no message option so could you private message me please thanks
Original post by glamourprincess
20 and on anti depressants but feel I need hospital treatment

I suppose if you went to A&E and explained you're in crisis there might be a chance but tbh you need to speak more with whoever's in charge of your care at the moment.
I have psychotic depression and I can't go back to hospital as crisis team won't allow me I live in a rehabilitation housing where there's staff but I feel like they can't support me I have obession with researching and applying for courses, in love with my ex and have breakdowns with some friends and issues at home.

Hi sorry you are having such a hard time at the moment. Is there any reason why you feel the support staff where you live can't support you? Are you currently under the crisis team?

There can be many reasons why hospital isn't the best place for people, I'm not sure if you've been before but crisis teams will always try to prevent an admission. Why do you feel you need hospital? If you have psychotic depression and are just on anti depressants, you could always ask to try an anti psychotic, that may well help your psychotic symptoms, and also can help with low mood and anxiety.

Feel free to PM me if you ever feel like talking :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by bullettheory
Hi sorry you are having such a hard time at the moment. Is there any reason why you feel the support staff where you live can't support you? Are you currently under the crisis team?

There can be many reasons why hospital isn't the best place for people, I'm not sure if you've been before but crisis teams will always try to prevent an admission. Why do you feel you need hospital? If you have psychotic depression and are just on anti depressants, you could always ask to try an anti psychotic, that may well help your psychotic symptoms, and also can help with low mood and anxiety.

Feel free to PM me if you ever feel like talking :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your advice it's just times where I am having a mental breakdown and the staff thinks I'm just upset and not under crisis team they won't help me and I could try ask for anti psychotic
I suppose if you went to A&E and explained you're in crisis there might be a chance but tbh you need to speak more with whoever's in charge of your care at the moment.

I would have to speak to my care coordinator
I would have to speak to my care coordinator

Just explain how bad you're feeling to your care coordinator they are there for that reason :smile: hope they help. Please don't despair just ask for what you need/explain how you feel :hugs:
Hi thank you for agreeing with me I apprieciated it
Hi thank you for agreeing with me I apprieciated it
Just explain how bad you're feeling to your care coordinator they are there for that reason :smile: hope they help. Please don't despair just ask for what you need/explain how you feel :hugs:

Ok thank you 😊
Thanks for your advice it's just times where I am having a mental breakdown and the staff thinks I'm just upset and not under crisis team they won't help me and I could try ask for anti psychotic

What do your mental breakdowns look like? Is there something that you feel you need when you feel like that? If you're not with the crisis team, maybe speak to your care coordinator or psychiatrist about your treatment and what the plan is, would an anti psychotic help etc. If you feel you need a hospital admission you can always present to A&E and speak to the psychiatric liaison team. However, I'm not sure what a hospital would be able to offer over the supported accommodation you are in now other than keep you safe if you are at a very high risk of hurting yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest