The Student Room Group

TSR marriages of the future

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mochassassin
Oh lord, I spent way too long wondering which TSRian I could potentially marry then realised I already have someone I could potentially marry one day and squealed and got super excited when I realised he isn't a TSRian. YAAAAAY! :woo:

I didn't even think of this.

Now I'm wondering. :rofl:

How would you explain that to someone? "Oh, you met on a student forum - did you bond over a subject you shared or something?" "Well, uh ... The Student Room is kind of hard to explain ...."
Original post by acupofgreentea

How would you explain that to someone? "Oh, you met on a student forum - did you bond over a subject you shared or something?" "Well, uh ... The Student Room is kind of hard to explain ...."

Just been talking about his with liberal illiberal. Another one of my pride and prejudice stories looool. I think it's actually a good medium to meet people in this technology era. Better than tinder which is shallow af.

Also were you dead at mine and nucdev' emails last night?

You can lie and say that you met in more conventional circumstances. :smile:
Original post by Ethereal World
I think it's actually a good medium to meet people in this technology era.

Are you talking about TSR? :toofunny:
Original post by Hydeman
Are you talking about TSR? :toofunny:

Yes. and what. Versus the other shallow af sh*t people are using like Tinder it's not actually that bad. It's not the primary objective and that's why something blossoming is actually quite nice.
Yes. and what. Versus the other shallow af sh*t people are using like Tinder it's not actually that bad. It's not the primary objective and that's why something blossoming is actually quite nice.

I think you underestimate the weirdness of the TSR userbase (the regulars). :tongue:
Original post by Hydeman
I think you underestimate the weirdness of the TSR userbase (the regulars). :tongue:

Well if we are all weird surely that = compatibility?!
Well if we are all weird surely that = compatibility?!

I'm not sure if spending all day here can be an attractive trait, even for somebody who does just that. :dontknow: I mean, a relationship is supposed to be a proper commitment, not a, 'we're official, but I'm still going to spend 15 hours a day on TSR' affair.
Original post by Hydeman
I'm not sure if spending all day here can be an attractive trait, even for somebody who does just that. :dontknow: I mean, a relationship is supposed to be a proper commitment, not a, 'we're official, but I'm still going to spend 15 hours a day on TSR' affair.

I don't think that is what I am advocating for. People are often on here as a result of not having their lives sorted out yet- uncertain about study, life and relationships etc. Once you move to a more assured place and find someone wonderful this will, quite naturally, take a back seat. Someone's acute TSR obsession isn't reason to believe they aren't suitable relationship material.
Someone's acute TSR obsession isn't reason to believe they aren't suitable relationship material.

I think it probably is :lol:
I don't think that is what I am advocating for. People are often on here as a result of not having their lives sorted out yet- uncertain about study, life and relationships etc. Once you move to a more assured place and find someone wonderful this will, quite naturally, take a back seat. Someone's acute TSR obsession isn't reason to believe they aren't suitable relationship material.

It isn't a reason to believe that they are suitable relationship material, either. :tongue:

I'm not trying to criticise those who do manage to build relationships with people they've met online, but I certainly wouldn't want to be with somebody who spends as much time as me here, for the same reasons as me. :innocent:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
It isn't a reason to believe that they are suitable relationship material, either. :tongue:

I'm not trying to criticise those who do manage to build relationships with people they've met online, but I certainly wouldn't want to be with somebody who spends as much as me here for the same reasons as me. :innocent:

+1
Just been talking about his with liberal illiberal. Another one of my pride and prejudice stories looool. I think it's actually a good medium to meet people in this technology era. Better than tinder which is shallow af.

Also were you dead at mine and nucdev' emails last night?

:rofl:

And yes, but the question is - if someone on TSR was to be my future spouse - who would it be? :ninja: The thought of that weirds me out - that you'd be casually interacting with someone on here you're going to end up married to. :rofl:

And oh my God, I was sat up at three this morning crying laughing. I was beyond dead. :rofl: Seriously love you guys, although I said this then (considering you called me on my email lurking :lol:).

Original post by Hydeman
You can lie and say that you met in more conventional circumstances. :smile:

A marriage should not be founded upon lies, Hydeman. :noway:
(edited 8 years ago)
:rofl:

And yes, but the question is - if someone on TSR was to be my future spouse - who would it be? :ninja: The thought of that weirds me out - that you'd be casually interacting with someone on here you're going to end up married to. :rofl:

And oh my God, I was sat up at three this morning crying laughing. I was beyond dead. :rofl: Seriously love you guys, although I said this then (considering you called me on my email lurking :lol:).

What is "email lurking"?
Original post by Hydeman

I'm not trying to criticise those who do manage to build relationships with people they've met online, but I certainly wouldn't want to be with somebody who spends as much time as me here, for the same reasons as me. :innocent:

But the alternative would be you spending a lot of time on here - providing you don't kick the addiction - and them not understanding the big deal, no?

You both liking TSR would have its positives, also.
The thought of that weirds me out - that you'd be casually interacting with someone on here you're going to end up married to. :rofl:

This. :ninja:

I'm not saying lie to your partner about how you met him or her -- that would be impossible, unless they forgot quite a lot after a head injury. :tongue: I meant lying to people who ask about how you met. I couldn't be bothered explaining the dynamics of this place to outsiders, to be honest. :sigh:
Original post by ByronicHero
What is "email lurking"?

I said to Ethereal about the fact the email addresses her and nucdev post to each other were one of my favourite things and she said she found it amusing how I'd just been lurking and laughing at their emails without making my presence known.
But the alternative would be you spending a lot of time on here - providing you don't kick the addiction - and them not understanding the big deal, no?

Or, more ideally, full-time employment. :tongue:

You both liking TSR would have its positives, also.

Such as? :holmes: I wouldn't want to be like Illiberal Liberal and drowzee. :lol: More seriously, I don't think being addicted to this website is the healthiest thing ever, given how quickly some of the things that happen here get old, and, of course, the huge opportunity cost of spending so much time here.
(edited 8 years ago)
I said to Ethereal about the fact the email addresses her and nucdev post to each other were one of my favourite things and she said she found it amusing how I'd just been lurking and laughing at their emails without making my presence known.

I do not really know what you are talking about but I will assume this is more me not paying attention than anything else :lol:
Reply 459
French unicorn wanna marry?

Quick Reply

Latest