The Student Room Group

Government Economic Service Internship 2016 UK

Has anybody heard back from the GES internship 2016?

I know a few people on my course who applied 2 weeks ago has heard back and received interview dates, I was wondering if they have sent out all of the interviews; I haven't heard anything so should I take this as a no or will they say if you've been unsuccessful?

Many thanks :smile:
Original post by ashecca
Has anybody heard back from the GES internship 2016?

I know a few people on my course who applied 2 weeks ago has heard back and received interview dates, I was wondering if they have sent out all of the interviews; I haven't heard anything so should I take this as a no or will they say if you've been unsuccessful?

Many thanks :smile:

I made a thread about this too! I just heard back yesterday, I have an interview with the Treasury. I don't see anyone talking about this, I wonder how popular it was!
What did you apply for?
Reply 2
Congratulations! :biggrin:

I heard back from them about an hour ago and I got placed into the Department for Transport :h:
No me too, I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about it!
Original post by ashecca
Congratulations! :biggrin:

I heard back from them about an hour ago and I got placed into the Department for Transport :h:
No me too, I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about it!

Was that your first choice? Mine was FCO and I didn't get it.
How are you prepping for the interview?
Reply 4
No it wasn't my first choice either, but I think it was my fourth? 🙈

I'm probably going to talk to my career advisors at my uni, research the department, brush up on my basic economics and look at what previous applicants have said.. What about yourself?
Original post by ashecca
No it wasn't my first choice either, but I think it was my fourth? 🙈

I'm probably going to talk to my career advisors at my uni, research the department, brush up on my basic economics and look at what previous applicants have said.. What about yourself?

Yah same, I'm so worried about the economics questions they could ask, it's so easy to get carried away with the detail! I think I'll read up last year's notes mainly! :frown: mine is on the 7th! when is yours?
Reply 6
Good luck for the 7th! They haven't given me a date yet, so I'm still holding on haha!
Reply 7
Original post by Heysunshine
I made a thread about this too! I just heard back yesterday, I have an interview with the Treasury. I don't see anyone talking about this, I wonder how popular it was!
What did you apply for?

Application closed in 45 mins i think, so i don't think it has that popular as compared to other banking roles, or rather, those would have gotten their placings in bank and financial institutions. :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by ashecca
Good luck for the 7th! They haven't given me a date yet, so I'm still holding on haha!

Me too, i just received that I have passed my sift and sorted into my 1st choice, and it says that someone from the department will contact me for an interview if deemed suitable. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I wonder how do they give 'placings'.
Original post by shamoose
Me too, i just received that I have passed my sift and sorted into my 1st choice, and it says that someone from the department will contact me for an interview if deemed suitable. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I wonder how do they give 'placings'.

what department did you apply for?
what department did you apply for?

Education. It has very few placings, and i think chances are low, and i havent hear a date for interview yet. Sigh. :frown:
Reply 11
I still haven't heard anything back! Giving up at this stage :u:
any updates, anyone?
Reply 13
Original post by shamoose
any updates, anyone?

Got my interview on Tuesday with the DCMS
Original post by SP10
Got my interview on Tuesday with the DCMS

That's nice. I have still yet to hear any interview dates for the Education department. I think chances are slim. :frown:
Hey guys,

My interview wasn't the greatest, it definitely could have been better. :frown:
The process was simply, I had the numerical test first, which is like any other psychometric test really.
Then I had my interview with two people. The first was a graduate asking the econ questions, the second was a non-economist asking competency questions.
They're both really lovely but I felt like I could have answered the econ questions a lot better than I did. The topics were relatively basic, I definitely over prepared for it.
We'll see how it goes!
Good luck everyone.
Hey guys,

My interview wasn't the greatest, it definitely could have been better. :frown:
The process was simply, I had the numerical test first, which is like any other psychometric test really.
Then I had my interview with two people. The first was a graduate asking the econ questions, the second was a non-economist asking competency questions.
They're both really lovely but I felt like I could have answered the econ questions a lot better than I did. The topics were relatively basic, I definitely over prepared for it.
We'll see how it goes!
Good luck everyone.

don't worry sunshine, i'm sure you did fine. :smile:

all the best to you! :smile:
Just heard back, I didn't get it. :frown: They put me in the reserve pool.
Good luck everyone else!

Quick Reply

Latest