The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Got my interview for Computer science tomorrow, NGL, slightly worried.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
How long do essex usually take to send a decision after an interview? Mine was a week today and I'm getting worried!
Original post by Jasmine21898
How long do essex usually take to send a decision after an interview? Mine was a week today and I'm getting worried!

Hi Jasmine,

It honestly depends on the course and the member of staff processing the applications. We have lots more Visit Days this term, so it may be that they are waiting to put out a joint response. Have you spoken with any of the other students' you met at the interview to see whether they have received anything back on UCAS?

^Shannon
Original post by shannon.rose
Hi Jasmine,

It honestly depends on the course and the member of staff processing the applications. We have lots more Visit Days this term, so it may be that they are waiting to put out a joint response. Have you spoken with any of the other students' you met at the interview to see whether they have received anything back on UCAS?

^Shannon

None of us exchanged details unfortunately so I can't contact them! Do you think it could be a while before I get a response then? The wait is already killing me as Essex will be my firm and I just want to know if I got in! Frustrating but obviously can't be helped with the amount of visit days. Are applications processed by each individual department after you have had an interview?
Thanks,
Jasmine
(edited 8 years ago)
None of us exchanged details unfortunately so I can't contact them! Do you think it could be a while before I get a response then? The wait is already killing me as Essex will be my firm and I just want to know if I got in! Frustrating but obviously can't be helped with the amount of visit days. Are applications processed by each individual department after you have had an interview?
Thanks,
Jasmine

Hi Jasmine,

Yes, basically after the interview the applications will be reviewed by the admissions tutor for that department/course specialty and then decisions are sent off and then processed by UCAS. I think it was a couple of weeks before I had my response for Biomedical Science, so just be patient :smile: if you want you could always call admissions and ask them if they have began to process the applications from the date of your visit day.

Glad your choosing Essex as your first choice :smile: I'm sure you'll love it here

^Shannon
Original post by shannon.rose
Hi Jasmine,

Yes, basically after the interview the applications will be reviewed by the admissions tutor for that department/course specialty and then decisions are sent off and then processed by UCAS. I think it was a couple of weeks before I had my response for Biomedical Science, so just be patient :smile: if you want you could always call admissions and ask them if they have began to process the applications from the date of your visit day.

Glad your choosing Essex as your first choice :smile: I'm sure you'll love it here

^Shannon

Okay thank you :smile: I feel less nervous now I know how lengthy the process is, I'll be patient! Thank you for your help :smile:
Went to the interview, ez pz, asked me "why computer science?" and "why Essex?" then asked me a bit about what I did in college. Then that was it, lasted about 5 minutes. I wore Jeans, trainers, shirt and sweater. He said I'd get an unconditional offer since I meet all the entry requirements. If you're worrying about the interview, you probably shouldn't be :smile:
Original post by SemperLiber
Went to the interview, ez pz, asked me "why computer science?" and "why Essex?" then asked me a bit about what I did in college. Then that was it, lasted about 5 minutes. I wore Jeans, trainers, shirt and sweater. He said I'd get an unconditional offer since I meet all the entry requirements. If you're worrying about the interview, you probably shouldn't be :smile:

You've put my mind at rest, THANK YOU!!
Got an offer today for English Language and linguistics! Requirements are BBB and I have put it as my firm choice! Excited! :smile:
Rejected Essex today so won't be around on the thread anymore haha

Good luck to everybody still waiting! :smile:
Original post by Nousks
I sent my application for Law around a month ago and I haven't heard anything back yet, I don't think I even got an acknowledgement email but on UCAS it said not every university will send one.

Hi :smile:

I really do hope you heard back from the university about your application for law. I am studying law and as far as I remember it took them approximately 1-2 weeks to answer me so no worries about that.

In just any case, you could simply email [email protected] or just type undergraduate admissions essex on google, find their phone number and give them a call.

Hope that helps :smile:
^andriana
Hey, anyone looking to go to Essex uni and interested in playing hockey give me a message. We're one of the biggest mixed clubs on campus and are always looking to get bigger. We hold lots of events throughout freshers week and continue them throughout the year. If you want to make your experience at University special come and say hi
Reply 152
Original post by andriana16

I really do hope you heard back from the university about your application for law. I am studying law and as far as I remember it took them approximately 1-2 weeks to answer me so no worries about that.

In just any case, you could simply email [email protected] or just type undergraduate admissions essex on google, find their phone number and give them a call.

Hope that helps :smile:
^andriana

Nothing so far and I've already received offers from Brunel, Kent and Greenwich. I hope they reply soon.
got an unconditional for economics, anyone know how's the night life? also, any uni accommodation that sticks out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Slim Shady 96
got an unconditional for economics, anyone know how's the night life? also, any uni accommodation that sticks out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I stay with my boyfriend at the uni and from the noise until 4 or 5am the nightlife seems to be alright! :') the meadows townhouses and south courts look pretty great as far as accomodation goes, hope that helps.
I stay with my boyfriend at the uni and from the noise until 4 or 5am the nightlife seems to be alright! :') the meadows townhouses and south courts look pretty great as far as accomodation goes, hope that helps.

thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nousks
Nothing so far and I've already received offers from Brunel, Kent and Greenwich. I hope they reply soon.

I really do hope so too! I know this is a bit frustrating, I wish you luck anyways! :smile:

^andriana
Reply 157
Good luck to anyone applying to Essex, I'm loving it here (current Finance student), they've pumped tons of money into a new Business school, Finance Lab and Student centre, both of which are so useful to me. Can't forget to mention how amazing these buildings look!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 158
Regarding uni accommodation it depends what you are looking for. If you want something cheap then go for the Towers, the cheapest for the coming year 2016-2017 is £76.93 per week with all bills included. There can be up to 16 people living on one floor and everyone shares a kitchen and bathrooms so it can be really social.

In my opinion, the Meadows is the nicest accommodation, it is the newest and very modern. However, it is more expensive. If you want your own en-suite then South Courts or the Quays would be the two options. South Courts is located right next to the sports centre and only 3 minutes walk to uni which can be useful and the Quays is the furthest away from campus but is slightly cheaper than South Courts.

Here is the link to the uni's accommodation page. Have a look at what they offer and the price! Feel free to ask any other questions you may have :smile: ^Sam
http://www.essex.ac.uk/accommodation/residences/default.aspx
Reply 159
Got an offer today for English Language and linguistics! Requirements are BBB and I have put it as my firm choice! Excited! :smile:

what accommodation are you going for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending