The Student Room Group

Anyone else get rejected from their choices?

So I applied to 5 university's (still you hear back from UWS and Stirling)

I have just had replies from Strathclyde, Aberdeen, and Glasgow for Psychology all rejections....
I have 5 Highers In Modern studies, RMPS, Biology, History, Geography, ABCCC. I'm currently working through a HNC in Social Sciences (studying Psychology , history,politics, sociology.
When I applied I was sure most would ask for and A or B in my graded unit. A friend with no higher's done an NC then HNC and got into Strathclyde the year before (i know because she failed all her Int2's and i also had the advantage of lots of work experience, so I'm really disappointed as I was set on Strathclyde as-well as moving to Glasgow!!

Ive still got to wait on my other university's to reply, but as entry requirements are similar i don't have much hope for that.

Wondering if anyone else got rejected from their options too?
Hello :smile: I know it may sounds stupid but trust me on this ! Everything happens for a reason!Plus you still got two more replies to get so stay positive!:smile: I was rejected about a month ago from the university of Glasgow but still have not heard from the rest 4 !To be honest I was neither surprise nor sad at all cause I absolutely prefer Edinburgh over Glasgow and I knew my grades were not what the specific uni asks for.I just had to fill my 5 options when I was making the application so I decided to also choose a really good uni just in case !By the way I am also waiting and would love an offer from Stirling which is also the most possible uni to send me an offer.The entry requirements are pretty low at least in comparison with the rest unis of Scotland.I was also about to apply to UWS but decided to choose the Queen Margaret University instead cause is more central :smile: Good luck with UWS and Stirling :smile::biggrin:
Original post by Gecko1995

I have just had replies from Strathclyde, Aberdeen, and Glasgow for Psychology all rejections....
I have 5 Highers In Modern studies, RMPS, Biology, History, Geography, ABCCC. I'm currently working through a HNC in Social Sciences (studying Psychology , history,politics, sociology.
When I applied I was sure most would ask for and A or B in my graded unit. A friend with no higher's done an NC then HNC and got into Strathclyde the year before (i know because she failed all her Int2's and i also had the advantage of lots of work experience, so I'm really disappointed as I was set on Strathclyde as-well as moving to Glasgow!!

Ive still got to wait on my other university's to reply, but as entry requirements are similar i don't have much hope for that.

I'm not an expert on Scottish qualifications, but for all three to come back as rejections suggests there is some basic qualification missing from your application. Ask for feedback so that you can check this and then, if you decide to apply again through Extra, you can target your applications more accurately. (That's assuming the other two reject you, which is, of course, not at all certain yet.)
Reply 3
Original post by emmygiakiss
Hello :smile: I know it may sounds stupid but trust me on this ! Everything happens for a reason!Plus you still got two more replies to get so stay positive!:smile: I was rejected about a month ago from the university of Glasgow but still have not heard from the rest 4 !To be honest I was neither surprise nor sad at all cause I absolutely prefer Edinburgh over Glasgow and I knew my grades were not what the specific uni asks for.I just had to fill my 5 options when I was making the application so I decided to also choose a really good uni just in case !By the way I am also waiting and would love an offer from Stirling which is also the most possible uni to send me an offer.The entry requirements are pretty low at least in comparison with the rest unis of Scotland.I was also about to apply to UWS but decided to choose the Queen Margaret University instead cause is more central :smile: Good luck with UWS and Stirling :smile::biggrin:

Thanks for the response! Yeah I was just disappointed that if i had applied last year I think i would have got in!
Anyway I'm still hopeful Stirling offer me a place as I love their university! Looking around their Sub-forum really makes me want to go there!
Good Luck with your application too, maybe see you in Stirling! :smile:

Original post by carnationlilyrose
I'm not an expert on Scottish qualifications, but for all three to come back as rejections suggests there is some basic qualification missing from your application. Ask for feedback so that you can check this and then, if you decide to apply again through Extra, you can target your applications more accurately. (That's assuming the other two reject you, which is, of course, not at all certain yet.)

Hello, I am going to contact all my universitys to see if I can get an explanation for my rejection! Hoping I entered my qualifications correctly! Haha :smile: Thanks for the reply!
Original post by Gecko1995

Hey I am applying for psychology at Glasgow and Strathclyde I have AABCCC and am also going to start an HNC in social sciences in August. I am worried that I also don't get a conditional. Do you mind me asking what you got in maths? I was assuming I would also get a conditional and have to get an A in the grades unit.
Reply 5
Original post by Emilymcewan
Hey I am applying for psychology at Glasgow and Strathclyde I have AABCCC and am also going to start an HNC in social sciences in August. I am worried that I also don't get a conditional. Do you mind me asking what you got in maths? I was assuming I would also get a conditional and have to get an A in the grades unit.

You are asking a poster who hasn't been on TSR since 2014...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending