The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sara0928
Oh noooo. I am so sorry to hear that. Please don't be disheartened and fingers crossed you'll hear good news from your other unis. Good luck.

Thank youu, good luck to you too and everyone on here, you guys are the greatest c;
Original post by alibevan
Is this for real? can you please link the page?

http://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduatemedicalcourse/entryrouteshowtoapply/
It's been changed for both A100 and A104
What is everyone's reason for rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone! I'm a current first year med student at Keele, we have created a Facebook page for the 2016 offer holders to get to know each other so check it out and add yourself. You can also post questions for current students about anything regarding Keele life and the actual course. It's called Keele University Medicine 2016. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!
Original post by alibevan
Is this for real? can you please link the page?

Yes this is true, it's due to the increasing ranking of the medical school and number of application. Don't be disheartened by this, use it as an incentive!
Original post by JessBialan
Hey everyone! I'm a current first year med student at Keele, we have created a Facebook page for the 2016 offer holders to get to know each other so check it out and add yourself. You can also post questions for current students about anything regarding Keele life and the actual course. It's called Keele University Medicine 2016. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Do you know how long we'll be waiting for?
Can anyone offer any advice? I've been waiting since October (like everyone else) and a lot of people seem to have heard over the past few days. When I rang last Friday, I was told mine was one of the few applications still being processed and that they aim to tell everyone either way in the next few days. It's now Thursday and I'm unsure whether to ring. I know they will tell me eventually but it's on my mind constantly and I'm just so on edge! I'm sure many of you can understand this feeling but is anyone else still waiting? All I see are interviews running out slowly and I'm just sat at home waiting for an email. Trying to complete a dissertation at this time is torture because I can't stop thinking about it! I don't want to ring again really because I feel like I'm bothering them and just delaying the whole process! Any advice? Is anyone else still waiting? I submitted my initial application very close to the deadline so I'm wondering if this is why my application is one of the last to be processed, has anyone else noticed this pattern?? Thanks guys and sorry for the long rant!
Original post by Charlottemc1234
Can anyone offer any advice? I've been waiting since October (like everyone else) and a lot of people seem to have heard over the past few days. When I rang last Friday, I was told mine was one of the few applications still being processed and that they aim to tell everyone either way in the next few days. It's now Thursday and I'm unsure whether to ring. I know they will tell me eventually but it's on my mind constantly and I'm just so on edge! I'm sure many of you can understand this feeling but is anyone else still waiting? All I see are interviews running out slowly and I'm just sat at home waiting for an email. Trying to complete a dissertation at this time is torture because I can't stop thinking about it! I don't want to ring again really because I feel like I'm bothering them and just delaying the whole process! Any advice? Is anyone else still waiting? I submitted my initial application very close to the deadline so I'm wondering if this is why my application is one of the last to be processed, has anyone else noticed this pattern?? Thanks guys and sorry for the long rant!

Call them. If you feel that stressed about it and that much on edge, call for an update! Yes you'll know eventually and just need a little patience but it's hard. More so if you've got a dissertation to complete and can't concentrate!

You're not bothering them or delaying the process with a quick phone call lasting a couple minutes.

Either way, I hope you get good news soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posting on behalf of someone else: did anyone hear anything today?
Reply 1109
Interview!

Email came at 12:30
Original post by WALMO
Interview!

Email came at 12:30

Well done :smile: has anyone else heard today? I rang and my application is still with the tutors and they are deciding if my degree has enough chemistry content. If after all this time I fail on that I'll be so disappointed, because it's something I can't change and reapply with :frown:
Well done :smile: has anyone else heard today? I rang and my application is still with the tutors and they are deciding if my degree has enough chemistry content. If after all this time I fail on that I'll be so disappointed, because it's something I can't change and reapply with :frown:

What degree are you doing? I don't think mine degree had enough Chem content but luckily I did Chem a level, good luck btw
Original post by stephannalee
What degree are you doing? I don't think mine degree had enough Chem content but luckily I did Chem a level, good luck btw

Biology with microbiology, I've done quite a few Chem modules this semester meaning I didn't have the grades when I sent off my transcript but I'm hoping its enough. I got a first in Infection Science which had quite a few biochemical tests in but as for the other second and first year modules they were more biology based with a bit of chemistry. I hope they allow for third year as most of these modules do have chemistry in them like toxicology and current advances in the biosciences. So it's just a waiting game. I did a level chemistry but at the time I had a lot going on at home as my mum was really ill (which is on the roles and responsibilities form) so I hope I'm not penalised for it!
Biology with microbiology, I've done quite a few Chem modules this semester meaning I didn't have the grades when I sent off my transcript but I'm hoping its enough. I got a first in Infection Science which had quite a few biochemical tests in but as for the other second and first year modules they were more biology based with a bit of chemistry. I hope they allow for third year as most of these modules do have chemistry in them like toxicology and current advances in the biosciences. So it's just a waiting game. I did a level chemistry but at the time I had a lot going on at home as my mum was really ill (which is on the roles and responsibilities form) so I hope I'm not penalised for it!

Aww, I'm sorry fingers crossed for you, it's crazy the whole lack of chemistry thing I do neuroscience with pharmacology and dont think they count the pharmacology modules as chemistry even though we read medicinal chemistry papers for them :/ have you explained about your mum and stuff like not on the roles and responsibilities form to see if they will give you a bit of leeway with the a level Chem? You should hear soon either way so massive good luck! Is this your last option?
Aww, I'm sorry fingers crossed for you, it's crazy the whole lack of chemistry thing I do neuroscience with pharmacology and dont think they count the pharmacology modules as chemistry even though we read medicinal chemistry papers for them :/ have you explained about your mum and stuff like not on the roles and responsibilities form to see if they will give you a bit of leeway with the a level Chem? You should hear soon either way so massive good luck! Is this your last option?

I know I did mention it on the phone but I'm not sure if they were interested really. Yeah this is my final shot so I'm really hoping they do give me an interview it's driving me crazy!
I know I did mention it on the phone but I'm not sure if they were interested really. Yeah this is my final shot so I'm really hoping they do give me an interview it's driving me crazy!

Good luck!! Will you apply again if you don't get in?
Good luck!! Will you apply again if you don't get in?

Not sure because if it is my degree then it won't change so there isn't much point
Not sure because if it is my degree then it won't change so there isn't much point

Thought they let people take the GAMSAT to make up for lack of Chem?
Thought they let people take the GAMSAT to make up for lack of Chem?

I took the gamsat this time but they've not mentioned it and I haven't told them, do you think I should? I'm not sure what I got, I think it was 55?
Original post by JessBialan

I can't find the page, can you send the link please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending