The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *Stefan*
What's your problem exactly? I don't get this immaturity on here. The forum isn't just for students, there are many parents who lurk around.

If she wants to participate here, she will. End of. It's non of your business what she does and whom she talks to.

It all started because someone felt entitled to the thread. Well, no.

I couldn't agree more.
There are so many parents out there, including my own who don't have the slightest clue about the university process.
I think it's nice to see parents getting involved, especially when they're encouraging other students too!!
Original post by fabruttledge
I couldn't agree more.
There are so many parents out there, including my own who don't have the slightest clue about the university process.
I think it's nice to see parents getting involved, especially when they're encouraging other students too!!

Thank you, both😀
Have people started to get offers or rejections from Edinburgh? I do know of two offers from this forum but not in the numbers to be expected this stage so close to the beginning of March. Sway between relaxed indifference and wanting to bawl in rage at my screen when there is no UCAS update - what a roller coaster 😡😎🤓😳😡 wouldn't want to be doing this too often 🙈😏😂
Indeed. I think it's quite sweet that Cholesta is sufficiently interested in her kid & his future that she even bothers with TSR & in doing so passes on the benefit of her experience to others.

Given that this is the second time she has been through the application process in as many years, albeit vicariously, she is almost twice as experienced as the majority of posters on this thread & appears to have a pretty sound knowledge of the ins & outs of the whole procedure. If her tone sometimes comes across as a little lofty to some, then so what? She's a mum who writes like a mum. Fire is hot. Big deal.
Original post by DougallnDougall
Have people started to get offers or rejections from Edinburgh? I do know of two offers from this forum but not in the numbers to be expected this stage so close to the beginning of March. Sway between relaxed indifference and wanting to bawl in rage at my screen when there is no UCAS update - what a roller coaster 😡😎🤓😳😡 wouldn't want to be doing this too often 🙈😏😂

I know!

Twitter shows 2 new offers this week too. I reckon that the majority of international & contextual factor offers have gone out now & they are starting to work their way through the "regular" applicants.

I'm EU, and although I've had offers from both Durham and KCL, I haven't heard anything yet from Edinburgh or Glasgow... glad to know I'm not the only one...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
I'm EU, and although I've had offers from both Durham and KCL, I haven't heard anything yet from Edinburgh or Glasgow... glad to know I'm not the only one...

I can't say for certain but I think we are in the majority. A wild guess - are you Italian?
Original post by MsTabitha
Indeed. I think it's quite sweet that Cholesta is sufficiently interested in her kid & his future that she even bothers with TSR & in doing so passes on the benefit of her experience to others.

Given that this is the second time she has been through the application process in as many years, albeit vicariously, she is almost twice as experienced as the majority of posters on this thread & appears to have a pretty sound knowledge of the ins & outs of the whole procedure. If her tone sometimes comes across as a little lofty to some, then so what? She's a mum who writes like a mum. Fire is hot. Big deal.

Thank you Ms Tabitha. I do like to help some of the students on this forum. Most are very self assured and know what they want. There are others who seem a little lost and not too sure about universities they applied to. Maybe they feel they can't talk to their parents. I do like to offer advice and try to help.
Someone please help me choose between bristol and notts? not sure which to firm
btw my lnat score was 23, was i lucky to get offers?
Reply 2969
Original post by mattlally
Anyone still waiting on Bristol, Nottingham or Warwick? I applied on the 28th November - predicted A*AA with a disappointing score of 22 on the LNAT.

Yes!! Exactly the same lnat score and predictions too

I got an unconditional offer from Edinburgh two weeks ago.

I'm sure you'll hear back soon :smile:
Forget about ranking, job prospect etc for a while. Bristol and Nott are equally prestigious. Any difference in terms of reputation will be marginal. I guess the ultimate question is with which uni/city you are more comfortable. You only live some 30,000 day. Why shouldn't you spend a significant part of which at a place you love most?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Flk10

Congratulations! Have you firmed it?
Reply 2973
I applied on the 3rd of January and had an offer from Durham lasta week :-)

Wonderful news! Thank you so much, and congratulations!
Anyone off to Oxford Brookes?? :s-smilie:
Anyone here firmed KCL? Put Bristol as my insurance choice.:smile:
My LNAT score was 23 and predicted grades A*A*AA
Original post by Flk10

Thank you and congrats on your offer. Are you home, EU or international student?

I have offers for both, most of the people I know for law have heard from them but we're all Scottish
Original post by MsTabitha
Congratulations! Have you firmed it?

Thanks! I've not firmed it yet, I'm going to go to the offer holders days for everywhere I have offers from before making a final decision.

Have you applied for Edinburgh?
Thank you and congrats on your offer. Are you home, EU or international student?

I'm a Scottish student. :smile:

Where else have you applied?

Latest

Trending

Trending