The Student Room Group

Application - Manchester Metropolitan University

Hi
Do you think I will get accepted in MMU for (electrical and electronic engineering) with these grades ?!
*note:- I am considered as an international student..

GCSE/IGCSE :-
-Mathematics = A*
-Chemistry = A*
-Physics = A
-Biology = A*
-Information and communication technology = A

A-level :-
-Math = A
-Chemistry = A
-Physics = A

IELTS :- (6.0)

and please help me in choosing if you have a better choice from :-
1- Bolton University
2- Salford University
or MMU

thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by k1029
Hi
Do you think I will get accepted in MMU for (electrical and electronic engineering) with these grades ?!

A-level :-
-Math = A
-Chemistry = A
-Physics = A

Yes, assuming all other things being ok. But you are significantly exceeding the typical A-level requirements for all 3 unis. e.g. MMU is BBC. Why not apply to more "demanding" universities?
Original post by jneill
Yes, assuming all other things being ok. But you are significantly exceeding the typical A-level requirements for all 3 unis. e.g. MMU is BBC. Why not apply to more "demanding" universities?

I sense a troll.
Reply 3
Original post by Oilfreak1
I sense a troll.

Or someone who likes Manchester, but not UoM...
Original post by jneill
Or someone who likes Manchester, but not UoM...

i'm gonna stick with troll.
Reply 5
Original post by jneill

As I said, I am an international student :indiff: which means that I need to pay 20K each year in universities such as UoM which is expensive for me ! But universities such as Bolton,MMU or Salford are cheaper (12K to 13K) !
of course I would prefer UoM but I cant pay the fees :frown:
Original post by k1029
As I said, I am an international student :indiff: which means that I need to pay 20K each year in universities such as UoM which is expensive for me ! But universities such as Bolton,MMU or Salford are cheaper (12K to 13K) !
of course I would prefer UoM but I cant pay the fees :frown:

Sorry for calling you a troll. You would be doing yourself a great disservice going to either of these universities it would be a waste of money - but more importantly- a waste of 3 years. I suggest finding alternative methods of funding or looking for places closer to home MMU and Bolton are generally where our less academic teens go.
Reply 7
Sorry for calling you a troll. You would be doing yourself a great disservice going to either of these universities it would be a waste of money - but more importantly- a waste of 3 years. I suggest finding alternative methods of funding or looking for places closer to home MMU and Bolton are generally where our less academic teens go.

So if you were in my position, you will not come to MMU ?!
Original post by k1029
So if you were in my position, you will not come to MMU ?!

No I would not, your potential would be wasted there. I would suggest perhaps working for a year to make the money so that you can go to institutions such as Manchester, UCL and Bath or maybe even Imperial College London and Cambridge. These are the institutions we are famous for.

So i'd apply to these places now. Request deferred entry for a year, make money in that year and then attend next year. You will be starting university a year late but trust me MMU, Bolton and Salford would be a waste of 3 years.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
No I would not, your potential would be wasted there. I would suggest perhaps working for a year to make the money so that you can go to institutions such as Manchester, UCL and Bath or maybe even Imperial College London and Cambridge. These are the institutions we are famous for.

So i'd apply to these places now. Request deferred entry for a year, make money in that year and then attend next year. You will be starting university a year late but trust me MMU, Bolton and Salford would be a waste of 3 years.

what do you think about (University of Bath) ?!
*Teaching and course level
*Accommodation
*Living in the city

sorry for disturbing you ..
Original post by k1029
what do you think about (University of Bath) ?!
*Accommodation
*Living in the city

sorry for disturbing you ..

I think its an excellent university.

One of the highest standards in the UK.

Accommodation
Have not lived there cannot say

*Living in the city
A beautiful place to spend 3 years.

Quick Reply