The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Carolinec1206
Go get some sleep now. You didn't waste any time .because you still did something. Tomorrow's a new day and I'm sure it will be better head up and keep on going ,don't give up because giving up is never a solution. Myself and the whole thread believes in you ,now it's your turn to believe in yourself :smile:
P.S I've planned to get so much done,yet I spent 5 hours doing stupid 2 maths papers,and simply skipping through the second one as I wanted to finish it asap and get a nice bath,so we're on the same boat but hey it's always going to be better :smile:

Thank you so much for your lovely words! I think self-doubt is one of the biggest obstacles to success and we shouldn't let that get in the way of our goals! :h:
Just solved first paper of Biology, Paper 1 and scored 22 out of 40...feeling so down! :angry: just don't know what to do!
Original post by NachoPhilosopher
Just solved first paper of Biology, Paper 1 and scored 22 out of 40...feeling so down! :angry: just don't know what to do!

You learn from your mistakes! Make the most of it.

It's Friday but i'll still revise until 8 or whenever wales are playing :frown:
Reply 1303
Original post by NachoPhilosopher

Don't worry, you have plenty of time to improve! Maybe you could go back over it and have a look at the topics which scored you the least number of marks then re-revise those sections and do another past paper later to see whether you have improved.
Reply 1304
I've just completed + written my notes for Homeostasis! Think for the next session I will do some Maths, really just want to get this particular unit over and done with by the end of today.- It's starting to annoy me.
Reply 1305
:work: 4:30pm. :work:

~Logging out time!~

C3..

Original post by Anon_98
:work: 4:30pm. :work:

~Logging out time!~

C3..

I'm doing C3 too. A past paper which was set for hwk!

What in it are you doing?
Reply 1307
Original post by Excuse Me!

Ooh :five: Good luck!

I'm doing Trigonometryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. :yawn:
Reply 1308
Original post by Carolinec1206
Well forget what I said yesterday.I worked so hard n my essay,and yet a girl who didn't work as hard got full marks and my teacher never gives full marks and at the end she gave me a really dirty look,it made me feel so stupid :frown: No motivation today and probably for the net 90 days :cry::cry2::sadnod::sad::s:

don't be disheartened, i believe that with your hard working mindframe you can surely get full marks :smile: :console:
Reply 1309

about to do so myself :biggrin:, have you seen the 2015 paper?
Original post by kholland
Thank you so much for your lovely words! I think self-doubt is one of the biggest obstacles to success and we shouldn't let that get in the way of our goals! :h:

Indeed ,I believe in you :smile:
Original post by xs4
don't be disheartened, i believe that with your hard working mindframe you can surely get full marks :smile: :console:

Thank you very much for your support :smile: I'll do my best:jumphug:
How's c3 btw ?
Original post by Anon_98
Ooh :five: Good luck!

I'm doing Trigonometryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. :yawn:

ooh, trigs not much fun haha.

I'm just at the start of knowing the identities off by heart.

1/cosx = secx , 1/tanx = cotx and 1/sinx = cosecx is hopefully right.

then cotx = cosx/sinx and tanx = sinx/cosx.

I think are the only ones i need to know in order to derive the others from sin^2x + `cos^2x = 1

I'll check later and probably found they're all wrong haha.
Original post by xs4
about to do so myself :biggrin:, have you seen the 2015 paper?

is it hard? are you on aqa?

the last thing i need is a paper full of substitiution and modulus this year. Limiting the rest of the integration would also be a bonus haha!
C4 paper time!
Reply 1315
Well, I had dinner then distracted myself lots + lots + lots which took up a lot of time but I still managed to do quite a bit of C3 and I think I'll finally be done after probably spending, like, another half an hour on it. :woo: But for now, I am taking a break until 10:30pm.. or maybe just a bit before that.
Reply 1316
ooh, trigs not much fun haha.

I'm just at the start of knowing the identities off by heart.

1/cosx = secx , 1/tanx = cotx and 1/sinx = cosecx is hopefully right.

then cotx = cosx/sinx and tanx = sinx/cosx.

I think are the only ones i need to know in order to derive the others from sin^2x + `cos^2x = 1

I'll check later and probably found they're all wrong haha.

Exactly, I find it quite boring and therefore it's difficult trying to get myself to do the work. >.<

Haha, I'm pretty sure all the ones you stated above are perfectly correct. :biggrin:
Should I use this for GCSE revision?
Just did my C4 paper, I really need to practise vectors and hard differential equations... and not doing -ve x -ve = -ve in friggin binomial expansions!!!
Original post by Kamara7
Just did my C4 paper, I really need to practise vectors and hard differential equations... and not doing -ve x -ve = -ve in friggin binomial expansions!!!

Differential equations are awful. Vectors are alright but there's a lot of methods to remember for different types of questions.

Latest

Trending

Trending