The Student Room Group

Asian sex abusers to be stripped of UK citizenship and deported

Scroll to see replies

What's to stop these people from renouncing their other citizenship while the deportation appeals make their way through the system, thereby making it unlawful to strip them of their British one?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
What's to stop these people from renouncing their other citizenship while the deportation appeals make their way through the system, thereby making it unlawful to strip them of their British one?

they're probably (hopefully) too stupid to do that.
Original post by Oilfreak1
they're probably (hopefully) too stupid to do that.

They have lawyers who probably aren't, though.
Original post by leavingthecity
That's debatable, literally we debate this every on TSR. I also don't agree with you.

Not exactly debatable, since when does Islam support such hideous acts?

Original post by BaconandSauce
It's a simple question what religion will they put on the form when asked?

and I know your point its actually quite obvious (you are form the same community and you follow the same faith) and as I said you proved a point rather nicely.

You didn't answer my question.

Why should religion be a concern? As I said it shouldn't be something that matters, this case has no involvement with their faith. Even if they are a Muslim do you think they're doing this because of their faith?

LOL more like you just went on my profile to see that. :yes: No matter what religion/background they are from I would still debate on this. Also, I'm not even discussing their background so how did that even cross your mind. :rofl:

I really do wonder where the sense is. :colonhash:
Original post by undercxver

Not debatable?

Good to see that you are not on TSR that much and are out there in the real world living your life.

Sex slavery:

https://islamqa.info/en/10382

Sex with children:

https://islamqa.info/en/22442
Not exactly debatable

As I have asked and you still haven't answered what religion will they put on their prison forms?

But your reply was obvious (no I didn't have to look at your profile) as most people show at least a little modicum of concern for the victims before trying to claim it has nothing to do with a certain 'religion'. .

It seems one group of people however can be very predictable in their replies when issues like this are concerned (you are a case in point you can't even bring yourself to write the word 'Islam' in reply to a simple question.)
Why should religion be a concern? As I said it shouldn't be something that matters, this case has no involvement with their faith. Even if they are a Muslim do you think they're doing this because of their faith?

As has been said before, the problem here is mostly culture (for once). And it should be a concern because it's a brainless approach to law enforcement to aim only to punish it when it happens rather than try to make sure that it never happens in the first place. The latter requires that the motives and mentality of the offenders be scrutinised.

Can we just call them Pakistanis?
Original post by Oilfreak1
As far as I was aware this thread is about a particular case

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6896051.html

even if it were not it's not a muslim issue its a pakistani one. The two white women were not muslim, so this brings it even further saying its not a pakistani issue it's a rotheram issue.

"here have been plent of recent cases where the culprits were found to be non-asian somali, afgani and turk / iraqi too often working alongside pakistanis."

please stop lying now in the UK turks and arabs count for less than 1% of rapes (thats being generous), there are more indians associated with the rapes than turks and arabs.

Can't speak for Somalians as they fall under black so are represented in the statistics with them.

Indians fall under asian and like it or not that country has a disgusting culture of rape associated with it, it would be unfair to say all rapes labelled "asian" are Pakistanis and that indians are totally innocent (don't see no pakistanis kidnapping and continuously raping a Japanese tourist nor do I hear of gang rape of 14 year olds by soldiers in Pakistan).

but for the particular case brought forward by the OP it is clearly a british-pakistani problem and trying to rope in Arabs and Turks is just like me trying to ascribe the disgusting 93 daily rapes in India to Hindu Sri-lankans who have nothing to do with these rapes.

I'm not denying that there is a problem with rape in the islamic community, this has been highlighted by the scumbags in germany.

It would be simply retarded to put Indians on a pedestal acting as though they could not possibly rape anyone. Accept that a huge proportion of Indians have a culture of rape just as much as those muslim migrants do.

with regards to this OP though it is clearly a british-pakistani problem. Whites, Bangladeshis and Indians are all equally represented here.

and yet they arent causing the problem in the uk it is those of islamic background. besides which go to any islamic country and women and children are told not to walk outside at night -why is that

what nonsense the fact is 'asia' is not being equally represnted in these cases in the uk, the culprits in overall grooming convictions have one largely similar characterisitc, hence why there have been grooming groups consisting of pakistani+afgani +kurdish etc so they have met in some islamic society or forum.

the evidence of recent cases shows us this link in black and white

iraqi arab grooming case -
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2290210/Mahdi-Mohammed-Iraqi-immigrant-paedophile-allowed-stay-Britain-approaching-young-girls-jailed-trying-groom-13-year-olds.html

kurdish grooming case- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31859931

afganis grooming case -
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-05-09/hamid-safi-sentenced-in-grooming-case/

somali grooming case -
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2851680/13-Somali-men-convicted-running-inner-city-prostitution-ring-British-teenagers-abused-raped.html

it is true to say that the vast majority of these type cases involve uk pakistanis, but that is only because pakistani is by far the largest muslim group in the uk. given the small number of uk arabs, somalis afganis turks etc - we can still see these groups are involved in grooming also.

as you rightly point out, the refugees that went to germany sweden, etc who then wnet on to cause other rapes etc were all of islamic background and not of asian background - which rahter proves the point - no point in sticking your head in the sand and ignore this. accepting this fact is not in any way ignoring the fact that white people abuse too - that would be stupid when each day we see news reports about white bishops, tv stars and radio presenters .
but your inabilty to accept reality will delay the dealin with this issue in islamic communities,
(edited 8 years ago)
Not debatable?

Good to see that you are not on TSR that much and are out there in the real world living your life.

You've got no argument here. :console:

You're clearly not reading the word "marriage" stated numerous times. So how does this case link with Islam? :redface: You still haven't explained. You're sending links of websites and expecting me to accept this as your argument?

As I have asked and you still haven't answered what religion will they put on their prison forms?

But your reply was obvious (no I didn't have to look at your profile) as most people show at least a little modicum of concern for the victims before trying to claim it has nothing to do with a certain 'religion'. .

It seems one group of people however can be very predictable in their replies when issues like this are concerned (you are a case in point you can't even bring yourself to write the word 'Islam' in reply to a simple question.)

LOL you're asking me to answer such a simple question. We all know that will be Islam from their names. But how does that make your argument anymore justifiable? Just because they're Muslim it doesn't meant they are doing these acts because they follow Islam.

Sureeeee you didn't have to look at my profile, I wasn't even discussing their ethnic backgrounds and somehow guessed my ethnic background. :laugh:

If you look at my previous posts I've used Islam before. I was just testing your sense with the link of Islam and this case. :rofl:

Original post by Hydeman
As has been said before, the problem here is mostly culture (for once). And it should be a concern because it's a brainless approach to law enforcement to aim only to punish it when it happens rather than try to make sure that it never happens in the first place. The latter requires that the motives and drivers be scrutinised.

Thank you! Someone said it. I couldn't have said it better. :u:

Spoiler

You're clearly not reading the word "marriage" stated numerous times. So how does this case link with Islam? :redface: You still haven't explained. You're sending links of websites and expecting me to accept this as your argument?

And you clearly missed the very first line:

"Islam allows a man to have intercourse with his slave woman, whether he has a wife or wives or he is not married."

And more:

"Taking a concubine as well as a wife is permissible according to the law of Ibraaheem (peace be upon him). Ibraaheem did that with Haajar, when he took her as a concubine when he was married to Saarah. Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 1/383"

And since it allows marriage and sex with children, it surely allows sex with young concubines/slave girls as young as it is permissible for marrying one.
Original post by Chakede
the term 'asian' does not and never applies to them, these people are always referred to as middle eastern. turkey may even be regarded as part of europe in a few years time.

You may have some strange codified usage among your circle of friends but in general usage anyone from an Asian country can reasonably be described as Asian. The more limiting descriptions (such as Middle East, Arabian, central Asian, south Asian, oriental) are used to narrow things down, of course, but if someone says Asian you should assume they mean from anywhere in Asia unless you are told otherwise.
Original post by Good bloke
You may have some strange codified usage among your circle of friends but in general usage anyone from an Asian country can reasonably be described as Asian. The more limiting descriptions (such as Middle East, Arabian, central Asian, south Asian, oriental) are used to narrow things down, of course, but if someone says Asian you should assume they mean from anywhere in Asia unless you are told otherwise.
the term the media ( and indeed everyone else) uses as asian, refers to those within the asian subcontinent and beyond - the middle east in old traditional terms was called 'asia minor' but now people from there are almost always refered to as 'middle eastern' - ie he was of 'middle eastern appearance'. asian is a culturally accepted term to refer to pakistanis, indians, sri lankans, burmese chinese koreans japanese etc. but the reality is of these people only a small percentage are muslims, majority of asia is not islamic, islam is not even an asian religion, it came from outside - jimmy saville has more in common with a practicing muslim than a chinese or indian
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Chakede
it isnt really 'asian' though is it, thats just lazy journalism. most ppl with more than 2 braincells know that asian isnt an intelligent description for these ppl seeing as its not sri lankan, indian, nepalese, chinese, japanese burmese thai etc in general involved in this. I think the most common name amoung the many guys that have been convicted in a number of different cases is Mohammed so Its pretty obvious that the culprits who in most cases have background of a specific faith, from countries like somalia, pakistan, iraq, afganistan, turkish kurds etc

You realise Pakistan is in South Asia and a majority of the attackers were Pakistani right? looooooool
Original post by DoyouEden?
You realise Pakistan is in South Asia and a majority of the attackers were Pakistani right? looooooool

yes and they are also members of the human race btw and british like you. And a number groomers in other cases were not from asia, but middle east and africa. the point is they are not representative of majority 'asians' , they are of islamic background which is nothing to do with asia - it has more in common with your own european faiths probably

Sureeeee you didn't have to look at my profile, I wasn't even discussing their ethnic backgrounds and somehow guessed my ethnic background. :laugh:

That's right your reply was the giveaway
You've got no argument here. :console:

LOL you're asking me to answer such a simple question. We all know that will be Islam from their names. But how does that make your argument anymore justifiable? Just because they're Muslim it doesn't meant they are doing these acts because they follow Islam.

If you look at my previous posts I've used Islam before. I was just testing your sense with the link of Islam and this case. :rofl:

Thank you! Someone said it. I couldn't have said it better. :u:

Spoiler

I didn't say it's because of Islam, which makes no sense anyway; people chose to do what they choose to do. However, it is literally debated every day here the effect of certain religious texts on people's actions and attitudes toward others. Culture is undoubtedly influenced by religion. The perpetrators are typically from a Pakistani background, so this is firstly a cultural issue, however, the interpretation of religion feeds into that culture.

In this thread I have referred also to similar crimes and their relation to other cultures and religions, I am not singling out Islam.
Sorry, we don't have the resources to keep then locked up over here. End of. Especially when there have been huge funding cuts to services that support British women who are victims of abuse.

And as for the white women being deported, you have completely and utterly missed the point of the entire thing.

Enlighten me then. What is the point of the entire thing?
And I didn't say they should be locked up over here. I just said they need to be locked up somewhere to stop them from harming more women. Or do you not care if they go back to their home countries and harm young girls over there?
Original post by Chakede
the term the media ( and indeed everyone else) uses as asian, refers to those within the asian subcontinent and beyond - the middle east in old traditional terms was called 'asia minor' but now people from there are almost always refered to as 'middle eastern' - ie he was of 'middle eastern appearance'. asian is a culturally accepted term to refer to pakistanis, indians, sri lankans, burmese chinese koreans japanese etc. but the reality is of these people only a small percentage are muslims, majority of asia is not islamic, islam is not even an asian religion, it came from outside - jimmy saville has more in common with a practicing muslim than a chinese or indian

You should remember that context is all-important, and that words like everyone and never have specific meanings, while the Asian subcontinent and beyond is completely meaningless (especially to an Australian, and not just because you meant the Indian subcontinent).

If you want to limit a discussion to a particular group of Asians then you need to use specific accurate terms and not rely on codes you use with your friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending