The Student Room Group

Asian sex abusers to be stripped of UK citizenship and deported

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chakede
they are of islamic background which is nothing to do with asia - it has more in common with your own european faiths probably

With the exception of a vocal contingent in the United States, 'European faiths' are largely a private matter in the West. They don't permeate every aspect of life in the same way as Islam does in Muslim-majority countries.
Original post by BaconandSauce

Original post by HucktheForde
can we stop calling them asian? asian covers a wide range of ethnics.

Original post by DorianGrayism
Oh right. I understand.

Original post by leavingthecity
PRSOM

I was also thinking of the subtle aggression that some people don't even realise is unacceptable in the UK today. Where it's considered too minor to complain about, and if you do mention it you are branded racist. I'm mixed race and a day does not go by when I have to deal with this from men who fetishise light skin.

recognise any of the these blokes?

The gang of men from Pakistani origin were jailed for a total of 140 years at Crown Court, for 13 months of horrendous abuse of a British white girl in Keighley, West Yorkshire. However, the view expressed by some members of the Muslim community was that even if they might have had sex with a 13-year-old, she had lied about her age and went with them willingly. In other words, in that chilling phrase, 'it takes two to tango'.

Keighley was recently named among the 'least integrated' places in the UK in a report by the Policy Exchange think-tank. Anyone who believes that race and cultural differences are incidental to these scandals should study the evidence in this most recent case. The young victim was repeatedly called a 'little white bastard', 'little white slag', and 'white bitch'. White girls are seen as more available, more promiscuous and an easy outlet for young Muslims who may be trapped in unhappy arranged marriages.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-35524340
Original post by lilacwanda28
Enlighten me then. What is the point of the entire thing?
And I didn't say they should be locked up over here. I just said they need to be locked up somewhere to stop them from harming more women. Or do you not care if they go back to their home countries and harm young girls over there?

Ok, so it's good to value the protection and rights of women regardless of whether they are from your own country or not. Some people don't unfortunately.

But realistically, we need to understand that it's not affordable.

Additionally, it puts the the responsibility back onto the country of the perpetrators origin to do something about cultural attitudes. It sends a message, it makes the news, it creates discussion and so is a start.
Original post by Good bloke
You should remember that context is all-important, and that words like everyone and never have specific meanings, while the Asian subcontinent and beyond is completely meaningless (especially to an Australian, and not just because you meant the Indian subcontinent).

If you want to limit a discussion to a particular group of Asians then you need to use specific accurate terms and not rely on codes you use with your friends.

your semantics are useless, because you are ignoring the culutral understanding of these terms and topics. you can continue your pedantry firther and call these men 'northern hemispher' or southern hemisphere' males to be veen more pointlessly over0arching. the fact is people refer to somalis as african, iraqis and kurds as midlle eastern, afganis too, although its not unheard of to call them asian. paksitanis certainly are asian - but then the link that groups these men to together is not the tens of thousands of miles of asian /mid- east /africa, is the islamic background they all came from, regardless of their nationalities ( which fyi is not native to asia)
Original post by Audrey18
recognise any of the these blokes?

Errr....why would I know them?
This is all good but erm how about the people with dual citizenship's with other countries and oh wait british sex offenders/criminals?? I mean a rule is a rule and a sex offender is a sex offender despite nationalities. It has to be applied to everyone. But when that doesn't work in this case, think of something more practical and more rigorous. Another problem, If they do get deported they may go to that country and assault people too.
Original post by Chakede
your semantics are useless,

On the contrary, semantics - the meaning of what you write - is all-important.,

Original post by Chakede
the link that groups these men to together is not the tens of thousands of miles of asian /mid- east /africa, is the islamic background they all came from, regardless of their nationalities ( which fyi is not native to asia)

You really are confused. You seem to think Arabia is not a large peninsula in Asia. Of course Islam is native to Asia.
[QUOTE="Audrey18;63028551"]recognise any of the these blokes?

The gang of men from Pakistani origin were jailed for a total of 140 years at Crown Court, for 13 months of horrendous abuse of a British white girl in Keighley, West Yorkshire. However, the view expressed by some members of the Muslim community was that even if they might have had sex with a 13-year-old, she had lied about her age and went with them willingly. In other words, in that chilling phrase, 'it takes two to tango'.

Keighley was recently named among the 'least integrated' places in the UK in a report by the Policy Exchange think-tank. Anyone who believes that race and cultural differences are incidental to these scandals should study the evidence in this most recent case. The young victim was repeatedly called a 'little white bastard', 'little white slag', and 'white bitch'. White girls are seen as more available, more promiscuous and an easy outlet for young Muslims who may be trapped in unhappy arranged marriages.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leeds-35524340[/QUOTE]

none of these muslim guys were were asian

gang_3121872b.jpg

nor were these, though i doubt any were muslim

gang.jpg
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
This is all good but erm how about the people with dual citizenship's with other countries and oh wait british sex offenders/criminals?? I mean a rule is a rule and a sex offender is a sex offender despite nationalities. It has to be applied to everyone. But when that doesn't work in this case, think of something more practical and more rigorous. Another problem, If they do get deported they may go to that country and assault people too.

See my earlier post.

Re having single UK citizenship; you've missed the point. Maybe start a thread about how we should handle single UK citizenship cases. We are having a different discussion here.

Re what they do elsewhere; you need to be more economically minded. It's reality, and I'm genuinely sorry about it.
On the contrary, semantics - the meaning of what you write - is all-important.,

You really are confused. You seem to think Arabia is not a large peninsula in Asia. Of course Islam is native to Asia.

nope its native to the middle east, just like christianity
Original post by Chakede
nope its native to the middle east, just like christianity

Yes. Israel and Arabia are in Asia. Do you not own an atlas?
Yes. Israel and Arabia are in Asia. Do you not own an atlas?

yes, do you not have a clue?

no one in the history of the world has ever suggested Jesus and Mohammed were 'asian' they were middle eastern
Original post by Chakede
yes, do you not have a clue?

no one in the history of the world has ever suggested Jesus and Mohammed were 'asian' they were middle eastern

They were Middle Eastern, and that is how people often describe them - but only because Asia is so large and they wish to be more precise (and without making up meanings as you appear to).
Original post by carlskep
And you clearly missed the very first line:

"Islam allows a man to have intercourse with his slave woman, whether he has a wife or wives or he is not married."

And more:

"Taking a concubine as well as a wife is permissible according to the law of Ibraaheem (peace be upon him). Ibraaheem did that with Haajar, when he took her as a concubine when he was married to Saarah. Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 1/383"

And since it allows marriage and sex with children, it surely allows sex with young concubines/slave girls as young as it is permissible for marrying one.

:congrats: Copy and paste helps. You're still not making a link to this case.

Original post by BaconandSauce
That's right your reply was the giveaway

I see how you're quoting only a part of my post. Why aren't you replying to my question? :redface: No argument I assume.

I didn't say it's because of Islam, which makes no sense anyway; people chose to do what they choose to do. However, it is literally debated every day here the effect of certain religious texts on people's actions and attitudes toward others. Culture is undoubtedly influenced by religion. The perpetrators are typically from a Pakistani background, so this is firstly a cultural issue, however, the interpretation of religion feeds into that culture.

In this thread I have referred also to similar crimes and their relation to other cultures and religions, I am not singling out Islam.

Ah sorry about that. I don't think I read your other posts to other users. Good point, I think I can agree with you in some ways.
They were Middle Eastern, and that is how people often describe them - but only because Asia is so large and they wish to be more precise (and without making up meanings as you appear to).

and yet no one has ever described them as 'asian' as you are no proposing to do - because you dont really have a clue about cultural definitions. you are looking at a globe like some primary school child and pointing out countries parrot fashion. there is more sophistication to this subject that escapes you

the world is large too - we are using definitions that are relavant to ppl in question, henc why somalis are known as afircan and iraqis middle eastern etc.
Original post by undercxver

You asked how Islam supports such hideous acts and I give you very clear examples. Islam allows men to take concubines and have sex with children. This is exactly what those criminals did. They abused young children as if they were their sex slaves.

Or do you not consider slavery and sex with children hideous?
Original post by undercxver

I see how you're quoting only a part of my post. Why aren't you replying to my question? :redface: No argument I assume.

Ah sorry about that. I don't think I read your other posts to other users. Good point, I think I can agree with you in some ways.

Each person of faith does whatever he or she wants unless forced by another person, however, religion tends to offer women a particularly bad deal, as dictated by religious texts. In the Quran women are clearly second class citizens. This is apparent but to a lesser extend also in the Bible.
Original post by Chakede
and yet no one has ever described them as 'asian'

No one? Why not try googling "Asian religions". Let me know if the very first item you get back does not include a mention of Christianity, Judaism and Islam.
No one? Why not try googling "Asian religions". Let me know if the very first item you get back does not include a mention of Christianity, Judaism and Islam.

not really relevant now is it.

lol ive no wish to descend to your level of pedantry. please proved the evidence that jesus and mohammed were 'asians' as you know claim. otherwise go away
Original post by carlskep
You asked how Islam supports such hideous acts and I give you very clear examples. Islam allows men to take concubines and have sex with children. This is exactly what those criminals did. They abused young children as if they were their sex slaves.

Or do you not consider slavery and sex with children hideous?

A slave women is someone who these men would own, and no they didn't own any of those victims.

What's your argument with the two women involved in this gang, do you believe it was their religion that made them do this?

Each person of faith does whatever he or she wants unless forced by another person

Exactly.

however, religion tends to offer women a particularly bad deal, as dictated by religious texts. In the Quran women are clearly second class citizens. This is apparent but to a lesser extend also in the Bible.

Islam promotes the importance of equality, though it does not mean they're the same. There's women involved in this gang too btw.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending