The Student Room Group

Asian sex abusers to be stripped of UK citizenship and deported

Scroll to see replies

Does this apply to other crimes as well? Like murder?

Good move tbh, people who commit such crimes don't deserve to live in our society.

But then that means they're free to commit these crimes in another country. And how will we clamp down on rings involving White British people?
Asian? But be more specific considering the size of the continent.
Original post by undercxver
A slave women is someone who these men would own, and no they didn't own any of those victims.

What's your argument with the two women involved in this gang, do you believe it was their religion that made them do this?

Exactly.

Islam promotes the importance of equality, though it does not mean they're the same. There's women involved in this gang too btw.

Islam as interpreted by some...but not the Quran, that does not promote equality.

Most Christian 'promote equality' however, the bible says that a man is head of wife. The conflict is obvious.
Original post by undercxver
A slave women is someone who these men would own, and no they didn't own any of those victims.

They essentially did. Just as one would have control over a slave girl, these men had very similar control over their victims. Just as their community and even the police abetted in allowing them to practice this abuse, Islamic jurisprudence institutionalises abuse of slaves and young girls it in the legal framework. Just as there is no real consent to have sex with a slave and/or a child, there is also no real consent to have sex with such vulnerable young girls.

What's your argument with the two women involved in this gang, do you believe it was their religion that made them do this?

I'm not arguing that religion made them do this. I do not know their motives and influences. I am simply pointing out the fact that Islam allows for very similar circumstances of what you and I would call hideous acts. Trying to dissociate Islam from such criminality is going to be met with facts to the contrary.

Unless you fully condemn the permissibility of slavery, sex with slaves and marriage to children in Islam and its history, you really don't have a leg to stand on in trying to acquit the religion of such abuses.
Original post by Chakede
not really relevant now is it.

lol ive no wish to descend to your level of pedantry. please proved the evidence that jesus and mohammed were 'asians' as you know claim. otherwise go away

It ill-behoves someone who litters all his post with spelling mistakes, wrong terminology and non-sentences to speak of pedantry. Both of the gentlemen you mention were, I believe, born on the Asian continent are are therefore Asians.
Original post by Da RainForest
Asian? But be more specific considering the size of the continent.

Try telling that to Chakede, who makes up his own terms.
Original post by Chakede
yes and they are also members of the human race btw and british like you. And a number groomers in other cases were not from asia, but middle east and africa. the point is they are not representative of majority 'asians' , they are of islamic background which is nothing to do with asia - it has more in common with your own european faiths probably

Im not European of ethnicity I am Asian, this thread isnt about other sexual grooming cases it is about this specific one in which the men were of Asian ethnicity. Im failing to understand why you cant seem to grasp this?
Reply 107
Original post by lilacwanda28
Enlighten me then. What is the point of the entire thing?
And I didn't say they should be locked up over here. I just said they need to be locked up somewhere to stop them from harming more women. Or do you not care if they go back to their home countries and harm young girls over there?

The point is that we won't have to deal again with these monsters once they are released.

Pakistan is free to arrest them at their arrival and lock or kill them. I don't care.

Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
This is all good but erm how about the people with dual citizenship's with other countries and oh wait british sex offenders/criminals?? I mean a rule is a rule and a sex offender is a sex offender despite nationalities. It has to be applied to everyone. But when that doesn't work in this case, think of something more practical and more rigorous. Another problem, If they do get deported they may go to that country and assault people too.

The title is a reference to a particular case, this rule would be equally applied to any person with dual-citizenship; perhaps you should have bothered reading the link provided in the OP.
Reply 108
Original post by Hydeman
What's to stop these people from renouncing their other citizenship while the deportation appeals make their way through the system, thereby making it unlawful to strip them of their British one?

Hopefully it's not possible to do that whilst being in a serious trial or in jail.
Original post by DoyouEden?
Im not European of ethnicity I am Asian, this thread isnt about other sexual grooming cases it is about this specific one in which the men were of Asian ethnicity. Im failing to understand why you cant seem to grasp this?

the thread is about stripping citezenship which would then apply to all grooming cases not jsut the one today, which btw in addition to pakistani men, also involved white british women
Original post by Josb
Hopefully it's not possible to do that whilst being in a serious trial or in jail.

Hopefully. :beard:
Is this specific to Asians or can other dual nationality citizens lose their British citizenship?
Original post by Chakede
the thread is about stripping citezenship which would then apply to all grooming cases not jsut the one today, which btw in addition to pakistani men, also involved white british women

Yeah and I'm pretty sure the whole thing about stripping citizenship is to show that sexual abuse here will not be tolerated. It's a fair enough deal, if you come to one country you respect the way their society works and their rules and laws, if not, there is no place for you.
Original post by leavingthecity
Ok, so it's good to value the protection and rights of women regardless of whether they are from your own country or not. Some people don't unfortunately.

But realistically, we need to understand that it's not affordable.

Additionally, it puts the the responsibility back onto the country of the perpetrators origin to do something about cultural attitudes. It sends a message, it makes the news, it creates discussion and so is a start.

Yeah I get that it's not affordable, which is such a shame. How do countries go about changing cultural and social attitudes though? I don't think a discussion is enough and it's definitely not going to defend young men and women from sexual abuse and harassment. What methods would be more effective?
Original post by Chakede

You can only remove the citizenship of those who have dual nationality, which presumably, means it cannot be used against these particular women.

Original post by Dinasaurus
Is this specific to Asians or can other dual nationality citizens lose their British citizenship?

It can, and should, be used against anyone with dual nationality who is convicted of a serious offence.
Reply 115
They should be sent back to their own country to serve their sentence. I am sure the prisons over there are a lot tougher than the ones in Britain. If it was up to me, I'll drop them in the middle of the North Sea and tell them to swim back.
I think that claiming that these men did what they did because Islam allows men to take concubines is an extremely foolish argument with no basis at all. Did the men say or do anything that indicated that they were acting on the verses that allowed them to take concubines? No.

But much of it probably has something to do with the men coming from misogynistic cultures were female sexuality is something evil and is meant to be suppressed. For these reasons women and girls should dress and act a certain way or they are fair game and can only blame themselves if men assault them. These girls, sadly were viewed as cheap, loose and asking for it by these men who view Western women that way.

To be fair there are several old White perverts with their paedophile rings as well. What is the motivation of those men to sexually abuse children?
Reply 117
Original post by lilacwanda28
Yeah I get that it's not affordable, which is such a shame. How do countries go about changing cultural and social attitudes though? I don't think a discussion is enough and it's definitely not going to defend young men and women from sexual abuse and harassment. What methods would be more effective?

Stop admitting Muslim men, except when they have been carefully selected and have high paid jobs.

I doubt that any of these gentlemen had medical degree.
Original post by Good bloke
You can only remove the citizenship of those who have dual nationality, which presumably, means it cannot be used against these particular women.

It can, and should, be used against anyone with dual nationality who is convicted of a serious offence.

Yeah for such deplorable crimes it makes sense but I don't want it to become easier for me to possibly lose my citizenship here, I don't plan on committing any crimes but I hope they keep this for serious crimes.

I don't want to be fined for something someday and then I get deported.
Original post by Josb
The point is that we won't have to deal again with these monsters once they are released.

Pakistan is free to arrest them at their arrival and lock or kill them. I don't care.

But I think that is so wrong. These people need to be taught a lesson so they never do it again, whether it's here, in Asia, in Africa or any other damn continent in the world.
That also didn't explain what you would do with the English women that were involved. You admit they're monsters, but don't want anything to do with the Asian ones, so what should happen to the English ones?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending