The Student Room Group

PwC Insight Week 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Peeps above should remember that the tests only form part of the application!

If you get 6/10, but have very good exam results and you gave good answers to the questions you'll still have a reasonable chance!
I agree, I am dissapointed by my result in the verbal test but I'm nonetheless hopeful! The application for PwC is one of the best I've written recently (and I've written loads) and if I get through the shortlist I'm confident I'll go forward as I'm pretty good at interviews.

Just wonder what their shortlist criteria is like, it may be 7/10, but I have a feeling its at least 4/5 for both. We shall see I suppose.
I got 3/5 on numerical and 4/5 on verbal, not sure how things will go but hopefully I'll be considered as I feel my application was pretty strong
Reply 63
I got 3/5 on both do you think I still have a chance as I applied to London :/
8/10
Reply 65
I think we'll be finding out soon as they said they have to wait until everyone had done the online assessment
Reply 66
Original post by Nc_x
I got 3/5 on both do you think I still have a chance as I applied to London :/

Yeah, still depends on your answers to the qs
Original post by jamestg
Peeps above should remember that the tests only form part of the application!

If you get 6/10, but have very good exam results and you gave good answers to the questions you'll still have a reasonable chance!

what scores did you get?
Reply 68
Original post by The Genghis Khan
what scores did you get?

8/10

(4/5 on both)
Original post by jamestg
8/10

(4/5 on both)

do you reckon any/many got 10/10?

a few people probably but not many i reckon. i think people who get 10/10 are almost guaranteed a place, but if their application answers are bad it won't save them.

i think for those people who got below 4/5 for both you just need to hope your application resonates with the person reading it.

tbh it's just hard to say really I think speculating and worrying is not ideal now, just go back and focus on your studies. it all depends on the average score and the amount of people that applied so it could be 3/5 for both, 7/10 etc.
Original post by popcornjpg
a few people probably but not many i reckon. i think people who get 10/10 are almost guaranteed a place, but if their application answers are bad it won't save them.

i think for those people who got below 4/5 for both you just need to hope your application resonates with the person reading it.

tbh it's just hard to say really I think speculating and worrying is not ideal now, just go back and focus on your studies. it all depends on the average score and the amount of people that applied so it could be 3/5 for both, 7/10 etc.

i got 5/5 on numerical but only 3/5 on verbal, v annoying as if i would have got 4/5 i would be more confident.

What did you get?
4/5 on numerical 3/5 on verbal. which is odd cause I'm usually better at the verbal tests.

anyway, even if I don't get in, it's nice to have some practise with the process for next year.
Reply 73

Some will, but obviously not many.

Below is my guess (with many assumptions) as to what the application process is like.
Stage 1 - Basic RequirementsMeet all of the requirements (grades, being in Y12 and commuting distance to office)

If you do not meet the requirements, you probably have already received a rejection.

Stage 2 - Psychometric Testing
Take part in tests and score 6 or more out of 10

I presume the tests are there as a quick way to filter weaker applicants, so you don't have to bother interviewing them. 6/10 is 'average', therefore anyone who gets less I guess is rejected. Those who get 6 or 7/10 probably have their applications considered holistically, because you could 4/5 on one and then 2/5 on another.

Stage 3 - Interview
Have telephone interview

I think this is the stage where everyone's (who have gotten through to this stage) application is considered holistically.
Original post by jamestg

Below is my guess (with many assumptions) as to what the application process is like.
Stage 1 - Basic RequirementsMeet all of the requirements (grades, being in Y12 and commuting distance to office)

If you do not meet the requirements, you probably have already received a rejection.

I presume the tests are there as a quick way to filter weaker applicants, so you don't have to bother interviewing them. 6/10 is 'average', therefore anyone who gets less I guess is rejected. Those who get 6 or 7/10 probably have their applications considered holistically, because you could 4/5 on one and then 2/5 on another.

Stage 3 - Interview
Have telephone interview

I think this is the stage where everyone's (who have gotten through to this stage) application is considered holistically.

sounds about right. the telephone interview is definitely the big one where most candidates will be rejected
Original post by jamestg

Stage 3 - Interview
Have telephone interview

my closest office is 54 miles away :colondollar:
Reply 76
my closest office is 54 miles away :colondollar:

As long as it's commutable, you're fine! But they wouldn't want people taking 3 hours to get there each day!
Original post by jamestg
As long as it's commutable, you're fine! But they wouldn't want people taking 3 hours to get there each day!

i think its commutable considering the train station which is less than a mile away form my house is on the same line!
Reply 78
Original post by popcornjpg
sounds about right. the telephone interview is definitely the big one where most candidates will be rejected

Definitely. Even people who get 10/10 can get rejected there. My HSBC one last year went really well, so I just hope I can replicate that! I'm so glad it's a telephone interview, I would be shaking and sweating buckets if it were face to face.

Luckily next Friday I'm going to PwC to get some coaching for the telephone interview! :biggrin:

Excited and nervous, because the coaching is face-to-face.
Reply 79
i think its commutable considering the train station which is less than a mile away form my house is on the same line!

Which office did you apply to? :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending