The Student Room Group

Asian sex abusers to be stripped of UK citizenship and deported

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilacwanda28
Yeah I get that it's not affordable, which is such a shame. How do countries go about changing cultural and social attitudes though? I don't think a discussion is enough and it's definitely not going to defend young men and women from sexual abuse and harassment. What methods would be more effective?

India is an example of where change in the form of new legislation is happening. As to the positive effects to date, I don't know enough about it/ have the evidence to comment. Change needs to happen in the country of origin, they have the real responsibility.
Original post by Josb
Stop admitting Muslim men, except when they have been carefully selected and have high paid jobs.

I doubt that any of these gentlemen had medical degree.

what's a medical degree got to do with being a rapist?
Reply 122
But I think that is so wrong. These people need to be taught a lesson so they never do it again, whether it's here, in Asia, in Africa or any other damn continent in the world.

What kind of lesson?

That also didn't explain what you would do with the English women that were involved. You admit they're monsters, but don't want anything to do with the Asian ones, so what should happen to the English ones?

The English ones will go in jail. Sadly, we cannot deport them. We can do it with the foreign ones, so it's just common sense to use that possibility.
Original post by leavingthecity
India is an example of where change in the form of new legislation is happening. As to the positive effects to date, I don't know enough about it/ have the evidence to comment. Change needs to happen in the country of origin, they have the real responsibility.

But all that attitude does is shove the responsibility on to someone else so that we have one less problem to deal with, which I don't think is the right attitude. In a country like India, where there is mass disease/starvation/lack of stable housing they have enough to prioritise at the moment. I feel like we should at least try and make an effort into educating/rehabilitating these people as we're all human beings at the end of the day.
But I think that is so wrong. These people need to be taught a lesson so they never do it again, whether it's here, in Asia, in Africa or any other damn continent in the world.
That also didn't explain what you would do with the English women that were involved. You admit they're monsters, but don't want anything to do with the Asian ones, so what should happen to the English ones?

The thread concerns those with dual nationality, a very specific problem where the solution, though obvious, took far to long to implement, which has caused a lot of public anger.

Indigenous people commuting crimes is another topic.
Reply 125
what's a medical degree got to do with being a rapist?

It's an example. Pakistani grooming gangs tend to be composed of uneducated low-lifes.

Having a degree is not an absolute guarantee that this person will not be a rapist, but the probably that he will commit a crime is however considerably reduced compared to his uneducated fellows.
Original post by WBZ144
I think that claiming that these men did what they did because Islam allows men to take concubines is an extremely foolish argument with no basis at all. Did the men say or do anything that indicated that they were acting on the verses that allowed them to take concubines? No.

But much of it probably has something to do with the men coming from misogynistic cultures were female sexuality is something evil and is meant to be suppressed. For these reasons women and girls should dress and act a certain way or they are fair game and can only blame themselves if men assault them. These girls, sadly were viewed as cheap, loose and asking for it by these men who view Western women that way.

To be fair there are several old White perverts with their paedophile rings as well. What is the motivation of those men to sexually abuse children?

The Quran may be seen as feeding into a culture of misogyny.
The thread concerns those with dual nationality, a very specific problem where the solution, though obvious, took far to long to implement, which has caused a lot of public anger.

Indigenous people commuting crimes is another topic.

But why does this thread only concern those with dual nationality? Why are they the only ones people want to focus on? How is it another topic, surely we should be discussing what to do with the abusers and rapists, and not discussing them differently because of where they were born.
How can you just deport them because they were ethnic minorities? Even though I kind of agree with it does this mean that anybody can be deported. I'm half welsh but don't want to live there.
But all that attitude does is shove the responsibility on to someone else so that we have one less problem to deal with,

Yes. Often it is the country that brought them up and educated them so badly. The burden of accommodating them will act as an incentive to do a better job with the next emigrant.
Reply 130
I feel like we should at least try and make an effort into educating/rehabilitating these people as we're all human beings at the end of the day.

I think we have more import things to fund than spending money on foreign paedophiles.
But why does this thread only concern those with dual nationality? Why are they the only ones people want to focus on? How is it another topic, surely we should be discussing what to do with the abusers and rapists, and not discussing them differently because of where they were born.

I mean literally, this particular thread explores the individuality of this situation.

You could create a thread that encourage the motives of the women, and how they should be punished?
Original post by Josb
What kind of lesson?

The English ones will go in jail. Sadly, we cannot deport them. We can do it with the foreign ones, so it's just common sense to use that possibility.

I just think they need to be somehow taught never to treat women like that, especially doing the things they did. Isn't that the easy way out though? Deporting them won't stop the problem from happening again.
Reply 133
Original post by karl pilkington
How can you just deport them because they were ethnic minorities? Even though I kind of agree with it does this mean that anybody can be deported. I'm half welsh but don't want to live there.

People should learn to read the OP and the links provided in it and the previous posts before jumping to the comments. FFS
Original post by Josb
It's an example. Pakistani grooming gangs tend to be composed of uneducated low-lifes.

Having a degree is not an absolute guarantee that this person will not be a rapist, but the probably that he will commit a crime is however considerably reduced compared to his uneducated fellows.

I 100% agree with the education bit. I just have a problem with radicalising the grooming gangs. Surely grooming gangs of every nationality/religion/sex etc are going to be uneducated?
I just think they need to be somehow taught never to treat women like that

Well, perhaps you can give them a jolly good talking-to when they are released from prison.
Original post by Josb
People should learn to read the OP and the links provided in it and the previous posts before jumping to the comments. FFS

ok so they were born there but it kind of surprises me that they have this power
Reply 137
I just think they need to be somehow taught never to treat women like that, especially doing the things they did.

Yeah, someone who has raped underage girls did that because he didn't know it was wrong. Yeah, sure.

Yeah, if he is been taught not to do it it again he will stop. Yeah, sure.

Isn't that the easy way out though? Deporting them won't stop the problem from happening again.

Well, I'd rather take the easy and cheap solution than the expensive and difficult one.

And obviously, deporting rapist pedophiles will prevent them from raping again in the UK. Pakistan is free to do anything they want with them. If they choose not to do anything, it's their problem.
Original post by karl pilkington
ok so they were born there but it kind of surprises me that they have this power

You should read the newspapers or the news websites a bit more then.
The Quran may be seen as feeding into a culture of misogyny.

It certainly does, but that would be other parts of the Quran rather than the verses about concubines on this thread. I highly doubt that those men thought the little girls were their concubines.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending