The Student Room Group

Insurance costs for first car

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emma:-)
You are talking s**t.

Worked for me when I was a teenager. Although I was older than 17, and my first premium was far higher.

You sound like an utterly charming human being.
(edited 8 years ago)
The trick is to get a car and put the owner of the car under your parents, then insurance put the parents as the main drivers then you'll be added as named driver for 'social use' and yeah your insurance will defo be undee £1000. I got insured the day after I passed and on a 1.1l small car was £800 altogether. After my first year of driving and no accidents etc the insurance price has been dropped to £400

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lord_lemon_head
The trick is to get a car and put the owner of the car under your parents, then insurance put the parents as the main drivers then you'll be added as named driver for 'social use' and yeah your insurance will defo be undee £1000. I got insured the day after I passed and on a 1.1l small car was £800 altogether. After my first year of driving and no accidents etc the insurance price has been dropped to £400

Posted from TSR Mobile

... Which is illegal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by shaymarriott
... Which is illegal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yep😄 plus I thought you didn't get no claims through just being a named driver anyway?
Original post by Kaizenberg
Haha yep😄 plus I thought you didn't get no claims through just being a named driver anyway?

Some will (Admiral for example) but you can only use the no claims bonus if you inside yourself as a main driver through them. Generally no you can't!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply