The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hey do you think i will be offered a rejection?:yes:
Original post by EmmaHarvard
Hey do you think i will be offered a rejection?:yes:

Unsure yet. You'll just need to wait :sadnod:.
Can you find out please? I called them a week back they they said we are still considering so worried now
Original post by EmmaHarvard
Can you find out please? I called them a week back they they said we are still considering so worried now

Nothing will have changed. I've already said that they're waiting to see how many more interviews they can send out. You just need to be patient and wait :sadnod:. There is nothing more they can say until they a) reject you b) get a space in the interviews and invite you. Until either one of those things happen you can't know anything for sure :no:.
In the email it says:

''Proof of Identity

You should bring with you photographic proof of identity ie· Valid Passport or Full/Provisional UK driving licence (if held). Important - Applicants will not be able to participate in the selection day if they cannot provide photographic proof of identity. If you do not have photographic proof, please bring a passport photo with you.

It is important that you also please bring photocopies of your documentation with you''

- I understand that i have to bring photographic proof of identity but what does it mean that i have to bring ''photocopies of documentation'', which documentation?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by qwerty123A
In the email it says:

''Proof of Identity

You should bring with you photographic proof of identity ie· Valid Passport or Full/Provisional UK driving licence (if held). Important - Applicants will not be able to participate in the selection day if they cannot provide photographic proof of identity. If you do not have photographic proof, please bring a passport photo with you.

It is important that you also please bring photocopies of your documentation with you''

- I understand that i have to bring photographic proof of identity but what does it mean that i have to bring ''photocopies of documentation'', which documentation?

They want you to bring your passport, and a photocopy of it. Otherwise they have to rush off to the photocopier which is not nearby, get a copy, and then find you again in the crowd. It's not dire if you don't but they'll really appreciate it if you can bring a copy.
Original post by Neostigmine
They want you to bring your passport, and a photocopy of it. Otherwise they have to rush off to the photocopier which is not nearby, get a copy, and then find you again in the crowd. It's not dire if you don't but they'll really appreciate it if you can bring a copy.

Ohh that makes sense - the wording confused me because i thought we had to bring photocopies of documents other than the proof of identity. Thanks for clearing that up :smile:.
Get the minimum required grades or above - so BBC - and you'll be fine. Having AAA won't get you a place more than someone with BBC as they don't look at your grades past the minimum.
To get a place on BM6 you need a great PS for an interview and to do well at the interviews for an offer. They don't care at all about grades as long as you have BBC and 5 A*-C at GCSE.

If you're predicted AAA why not go for a few 5 year programs? You can't apply to Southampton as you need 7 A*-A GCSEs but lots of other unis would consider you.

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me! My predicted grades are BBB, Southhampton is definitely one I'm going to keep in mind this year :smile:
Neostigmine

Do you know how many applications they had this year and how many they are interviewing? Also what is the interview to offer ratio? I am extremely worried...just want to know what are my chances
Anyone with an interview at 9:15 on the 3rd??? :smile:
Original post by S.rishh
Neostigmine

Do you know how many applications they had this year and how many they are interviewing? Also what is the interview to offer ratio? I am extremely worried...just want to know what are my chances

119 interviews, 45 offers.
They won't say how many applied but if you hvae an interview it is sort of irrelevant. It's usually around 600.
What would you say is a good guide to a personal statement for BM6? What sort of things stand out?
They won't say how many applied but if you hvae an interview it is sort of irrelevant. It's usually around 600.

Oh thank you so much for replying ... roughly 1:3...this is actually so scary considering its my only hope now.

OMG, I was told 40 - 42 offers in response to my email about how many offers are given out this year! :O :O
Where else have you applied?
Original post by Justtryingtolive
OMG, I was told 40 - 42 offers in response to my email about how many offers are given out this year! :O :O

That's about right yeah, it varies slightly. 42...45... not a difference to get worried about :nah:
How is the course in Southampton structured? Is it PBL, or traditional, or both? Where can I find this information?
Original post by StegiMon
How is the course in Southampton structured? Is it PBL, or traditional, or both? Where can I find this information?

No offence intended, but this question has been asked before and is something you should know before applying on the course.

In a nutshell...

Southampton have an integrated approach which is not PBL. It's lectures, tutorials and small group projects occasionally. Early patient contact is also another part of the course as part of Professional Practice placements in BM6 and Medicine In Practice in BM5.

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/courses/bm5_a100.page.
Original post by Mel1312
No offence intended, but this question has been asked before and is something you should know before applying on the course.

In a nutshell...

Southampton have an integrated approach which is not PBL. It's lectures, tutorials and small group projects occasionally. Early patient contact is also another part of the course as part of Professional Practice placements in BM6 and Medicine In Practice in BM5.

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/courses/bm5_a100.page.

Thank you.
how is the teaching on the bm6? PBL? or ? I cant find anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending