The Student Room Group

Feeling overwhelmed

Im feeling overwhelmed by just looking at my chunky Edexcel GCSE maths book ..guys can i go through all the chapters of maths in 3 months and ace my exams too ?
Do you have access to a learning site such as MathsWatch/PIXL Maths App?
Reply 2
Original post by FIR3STOMP3R
Do you have access to a learning site such as MathsWatch/PIXL Maths App?

Yes would it help me to get an A* though????
Hey what kind of learner are you? Aural, visual, kinaesthetic etc. Try tailoring your revision to your learning style and repeat things that have helped before. The holy grail of all revision is past papers (even though sometimes they are a drag!) so try to KNOW the questions BEFORE you sit the exam.

Good luck and I hope you do well :smile: I have faith in you!

P.S. I do AS maths so if you need any help/questions answered w/ workings feel free to PM me!
Original post by malaikaxx
Yes would it help me to get an A* though????

They both have many hundreds of clips and examples for your specification, so if you do go through all of them, then it is very highly likely. I don't think you can access them easily, your school should have log in details for one of these

Leo
Reply 5
Original post by Bhansongal98
Hey what kind of learner are you? Aural, visual, kinaesthetic etc. Try tailoring your revision to your learning style and repeat things that have helped before. The holy grail of all revision is past papers (even though sometimes they are a drag!) so try to KNOW the questions BEFORE you sit the exam.

Good luck and I hope you do well :smile: I have faith in you!

P.S. I do AS maths so if you need any help/questions answered w/ workings feel free to PM me!

Aw thank you!! I sure will ask any questions i will pm you if i need help thanks! i am an aural learner not much of a visual learner, i do actually dislike past papers for some reason i can stand them, but unfortunately its the only way to my A* so yh *sigh* but yes thanks for the advice
Im feeling overwhelmed by just looking at my chunky Edexcel GCSE maths book ..guys can i go through all the chapters of maths in 3 months and ace my exams too ?

if it makes you feel any better, i was never taught out of the book, never even touched it, only through past papers and my whole class got A* and A's.
Reply 7
Original post by katerobertsonxx
if it makes you feel any better, i was never taught out of the book, never even touched it, only through past papers and my whole class got A* and A's.

Oh myy well of course that boosts my mood thanks for that it decreased my stress levels by 300% haha
Reply 8
Original post by FIR3STOMP3R
They both have many hundreds of clips and examples for your specification, so if you do go through all of them, then it is very highly likely. I don't think you can access them easily, your school should have log in details for one of these

Leo

Thanks! Yes my school gives us access to MW, makes me feel better at the thought of learning clips than out of a book haha,

Malaika x
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jq4xU90Q8w

Watch this and get yourself together! You can do it!
Reply 10
Original post by TheHopefulMedic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jq4xU90Q8w

Watch this and get yourself together! You can do it!

WOWW that hit me hard...thanks
No I didn't mean to stress you more! I just meant you don't have to stress about doing the whole book you can ace the exam otherwise, sorry if I stressed you! I didn't mean to :frown: I found that by doing past papers the questions become very familiar and familiar in the way the question is written
Reply 12
Original post by katerobertsonxx
No I didn't mean to stress you more! I just meant you don't have to stress about doing the whole book you can ace the exam otherwise, sorry if I stressed you! I didn't mean to :frown: I found that by doing past papers the questions become very familiar and familiar in the way the question is written

no noo i wasnt being sarcastic , that honestly made me feel better... honestly....dont feel bad (: especially when you made me feel better. I think pp are my best option and MW by far so thanks guys
no noo i wasnt being sarcastic , that honestly made me feel better... honestly....dont feel bad (: especially when you made me feel better. I think pp are my best option and MW by far so thanks guys

oh phew i thought i made it worse then! yeah just do past papers and time yourself too and you'll find yourself doing them quicker and thinking "i swear i just did this question" because they all look the same. I think i did every past paper from 2005 to 2012 and there were definitely some repeats. If you ever need any help just drop me a message :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest