The Student Room Group

Girls, do you want to be with someone who's less attractive than you?

Self-explanatory title really. I've read that some girls want to be with someone who's less physically attractive than they are because they believe it's "safer" (less likely to cheat?) and also, they feel less self-conscious.

Is it true for you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not a girl but the idea that ugly guys are less likely to cheat is probably not true, if it's easier to get sex you'll likely pass it off more.
It doesn't matter if he's less attractive, they still come with headaches and bad ways. I am Gulity for thinking like this and my ex proved me wrong lol. I tried to make myself feel better... He's not that cute he wouldn't, girls wouldn't, ye right.:colonhash:
I doubt I'll be able to find someone of that calibre lol but if I were attracted it them it wouldn't matter :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by xobeauty
It doesn't matter if he's less attractive, they still come with headaches and bad ways. I am Gulity for thinking like this and my ex proved me wrong lol. I tried to make myself feel better... He's not that cute he wouldn't, girls wouldn't, ye right.:colonhash:

Girl logic,

'What does she see in him? He's really ugly. Oh he must be funny, No I had a quick chat with him and he was a bore, Oh so he must have a massive dong then'
nope, personality is the biggest deal breaker for me. Would prefer a guy that was bigger than me eg: either muscular or just larger built than I was but that's still not a huge issue just a preference :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Self-explanatory title really. I've read that some girls want to be with someone who's less physically attractive than they are because they believe it's "safer" (less likely to cheat?) and also, they feel less self-conscious.

Is it true for you?

I do. I actively seek out guys who are below average looks-wise in the eyes of most. The problem is a lot them don't even want me and are a bit awkward and lacking in confidence. I don't want to be with an attractive man after witnessing the way my father treats my mother. He thinks he's god's gift. Give me a nice, sweet, ugly guy any day.
Original post by whorace
Girl logic,

'What does she see in him? He's really ugly. Oh he must be funny, No I had a quick chat with him and he was a bore, Oh so he must have a massive dong then'

What was dumb of me is I made myself think girls woudnt want him yet I wanted him so why wouldn't these other girls want him feel me? Stupid logic right there.
Reply 8
All about the personality:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Blondie987
I doubt I'll be able to find someone of that calibre lol but if I were attracted it them it would matter :smile:

Cheer up Blondes, are you shy and timid? I can't see why personality would get in the way.
Personally the guys I've met who've been conventionally very attractive seem to be rather cocky and not in a good way. A personality trait I wouldn't want in a future partner tbh
there are some no attractive guys who master cheating
Original post by whorace
Cheer up Blondes, are you shy and timid? I can't see why personality would get in the way.

I meant to say it wouldn't matter lol, I'm pretty shy I guess but I think it's more lack of confidence in my appearance? :redface:
Original post by whorace
Girl logic,

Many girls love going for guys with attractive girlfriends.
Original post by AJP98

Hide your tits in your dp, it's TSR and not babestation
Reply 15
Original post by Da RainForest
Hide your tits in your dp, it's TSR and not babestation

Wow... that's a shallow minded view, I'm just in a lowcut top?
Original post by whorace
Girl logic,

Girls don't really say that...

well I can't speak for all the girls in the world! But it's not really a huge thing amongst girls (irony hehe).
Original post by AJP98

5'8'' 300 pound guy with a great heart, funny, kind.

No? thought so.
Nope not true, at least not for me anyway. I'd much rather have someone with a great personality than someone super good looking with the personality of a brick
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
5'8'' 300 pound guy with a great heart, funny, kind.

No? thought so.

Did I say no...? Damn I've been on this website a day and all I've had is snarkiness and bitter people, shame, it's made out to be such a great community...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending