The Student Room Group

First girl I have liked since my ex

Ok so here is the situation, there is this girl who I met over a month ago, at college. For the first two weeks I felt nothing, but on the third week I started to deny to myself about liking her, as the fourth, fifth and sixth week came around, we began getting close and now I like her, but in five weeks i'll never see her again, as the course ends. I used be hung-up on my ex and want nothing else but her, only that has changed now.

What the hell am I going to do, I can't tell her that I like her, because it'll make things awkward between us. Help!

Scroll to see replies

Why can't you tell her that you like her? You might as well, especially if she's leaving soon, maybe she even feels the same way :smile:
Original post by Blondie987
Why can't you tell her that you like her? You might as well, especially if she's leaving soon, maybe she even feels the same way :smile:

I can't it'll make things awkward.
Original post by Coolisbelieveing

If the course ends in 5 weeks what does it matter, either she'll say yes and you can go out for a while or she'll say no and you can easily avoid someone for a few weeks, anyway you're assuming she's not interest when she might be
Reply 4
Original post by Blondie987
If the course ends in 5 weeks what does it matter, either she'll say yes and you can go out for a while or she'll say no and you can easily avoid someone for a few weeks, anyway you're assuming she's not interest when she might be

I do agree with Blondie you would be a fool to just let her walk away and you will regret not taking a risk.
You never said how close you are? if you aren't close to her then it could be a bit out of the blue but you could use these 5 weeks to get to know her better by inviting her out for lunch or coffee and take it from there.

Then dont.

But if your not going to do anything then get the frak off TSR complaining about it.

Or alternatively shock horror, actually tell her, see how it goes and maybe try and work something out if it does transpire that you like each other
Reply 6
Original post by silverbolt
Then dont.

But if your not going to do anything then get the frak off TSR complaining about it.

Or alternatively shock horror, actually tell her, see how it goes and maybe try and work something out if it does transpire that you like each other

Think he has took your advice and buggered off.
Reply 7
Flirt a bit to judge interest. If she's up for it there's no problem. Good luck
Original post by chikane
Think he has took your advice and buggered off.

No I haven't. Look I like her, but I know its never gonna happen.
Reply 9

Why not? does she have a bf? does she see you only as a friend?

With all due respect, with that attitude, why should we give a feck?
Ok so here is the situation, there is this girl who I met over a month ago, at college. For the first two weeks I felt nothing, but on the third week I started to deny to myself about liking her, as the fourth, fifth and sixth week came around, we began getting close and now I like her, but in five weeks i'll never see her again, as the course ends. I used be hung-up on my ex and want nothing else but her, only that has changed now.

What the hell am I going to do, I can't tell her that I like her, because it'll make things awkward between us. Help!

Smash and dash bro....jeez, that much should be obvious
Original post by chikane
Why not? does she have a bf? does she see you only as a friend?

Look there is nothing that I would like more right now, than to get closer with her, but I'm a coward.
Look there is nothing that I would like more right now, than to get closer with her, but I'm a coward.

Thats fine i hope you will be okay living with the regret i know i wouldn't.
Can't you even talk to her and keep in touch after she leaves? like on facebook or whatsapp? or will you just wipe her out of your life?

So what do you expect us to do about it?

Frankly if your too scared to even talk to her about things then shes better off not even getting involved. If you cant screw up the courage to even say hello, how on earth do you expect to even attempt a relationship?

Your choice is simple. Find some stones and speak to her (and learn one way or another) or sit there and moan and whine about what "could have been"
Original post by chikane
Thats fine i hope you will be okay living with the regret i know i wouldn't.
Can't you even talk to her and keep in touch after she leaves? like on facebook or whatsapp? or will you just wipe her out of your life?

Believe me when I say I don't want to just wipe her out of my life, I wish we could be friends after the course ends, but I'll seem like a stalker if I just randomly add her on a social network.
So what do you expect us to do about it?

Frankly if your too scared to even talk to her about things then shes better off not even getting involved. If you cant screw up the courage to even say hello, how on earth do you expect to even attempt a relationship?

Your choice is simple. Find some stones and speak to her (and learn one way or another) or sit there and moan and whine about what "could have been"

I do say hello and we have long conversations and I make her laugh. But anything beyond a friendship is impossible.
I do say hello and we have long conversations and I make her laugh. But anything beyond a friendship is impossible.

Well then you've made up your mind.

What is your loss will be a more confident persons gain. Too bad, you could have had a really good thing with her.
Well then you've made up your mind.

What is your loss will be a more confident persons gain. Too bad, you could have had a really good thing with her.

How the hell do you know I could of had something good with her???
Reply 19

Is it because underneath your clothes, every inch of you above the waist is feathered, and every inch below the waist is scaly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending