The Student Room Group

Calling out people with low IQs

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kieran12321LFC
Art is simply for entertainment but science is for development

You do realise that technology is just one facet of development? Would you like to live in a basic tribal community which may well have the greatest technological innovation in the world but has no social or cultural development?
Original post by samharrison
right sure

i value art more.

scientists are more replaceable than artists imo

A world without art would be boring but that's it. In a world without science we would still be living like tribes
Reply 62
I am really **** at IQ puzzles. I don't live a normal life. Next question?
Original post by pecora
The man whose IQ is the second highest in the world is unemployed.

no he works as an A&E doctor...
A world without art would be boring but that's it. In a world without science we would still be living like tribes

yeh but that doesn't mean that scientists are more valuable or more intelligent.

scientists are replaceable. the facts are out there to be discovered about the things relevant to humans

a tesco worker has more value than a psychiatrist i'd say (i see a psychiatrist and it's useless) but i'd hesitate to say they're more intelligent.
Original post by Plagioclase
You do realise that technology is just one facet of development? Would you like to live in a basic tribal community which may well have the greatest technological innovation in the world but has no social or cultural development?

We wouldn't be living in a basic tribal community. I wouldn't prefer there to be no art, but science is more important
How come the average IQ of a country correlates fairly strongly with how developed that country is

You're obviously more likely to achieve your potential in a more developed country where you can go to school from a young age, won't be malnourished and so on.
Original post by RayApparently
You're obviously more likely to achieve your potential in a more developed country where you can go to school from a young age, won't be malnourished and so on.

If the average base IQ was higher in these places they would be able to go to school from a young age and so on

yeh but that doesn't mean that scientists are more valuable or more intelligent.

scientists are replaceable. the facts are out there to be discovered about the things relevant to humans

a tesco worker has more value than a psychiatrist i'd say (i see a psychiatrist and it's useless) but i'd hesitate to say they're more intelligent.

Scientists have given us medicine, clean water, the ability to travel into space and they have given us the technology required for us to go on TSR. Science isn't just about facts and the development of the modern world has been down to those who are scientifically minded, not those who are artistically minded and not the person working at Tesco
If the average base IQ was higher in these places they would be able to go to school from a young age and so on

Scientists have given us medicine, clean water, the ability to travel into space and they have given us the technology required for us to go on TSR. Science isn't just about facts and the development of the modern world has been down to those who are scientifically minded, not those who are artistically minded and not the person working at Tesco

right but the development of the modern world is more down to a tesco worker than it is to a psychiatrist or other average job science grad
Reply 70

Scientists are very creative people. The more creative you are the more intelligent you are. Hence Picasso was a genius.
:hi:

Surely you don't honestly believe that? I've just had a look at the stats and the correlation isn't even all that strong. A few extra points on average on a test (that I imagine isn't even widely administered in most underdeveloped countries) isn't going to overcome massive economic barriers to development.

You can't ignore the impact of non-science people though. They have fostered education systems and social security, allowing for social mobility. Medicine is the domain of scientists but the NHS was the vision of politicians. Literature and poetry provide inspiration and language skills, the latter being integral to meaningful collaboration. I could continue listing examples but you get my point. We needed far more than just scientists to get where we are today, even if their work seems more primarily important.
Original post by N-R-G
Scientists are very creative people. The more creative you are the more intelligent you are. Hence Picasso was a genius.

I know this, but this leads to another conversation, be arsed with it rn, ygm

right but the development of the modern world is more down to a tesco worker than it is to a psychiatrist or other average job science grad

It's more down to a Tesco worker it's the same. The best Tesco workers generally don't drive innovation and development but the best at science do

It's more down to a Tesco worker it's the same. The best Tesco workers generally don't drive innovation and development but the best at science do

ok mr science i give up you brick wall
Reply 76

Make time.:tongue:
Original post by ByronicHero
You can't ignore the impact of non-science people though. They have fostered education systems and social security, allowing for social mobility. Medicine is the domain of scientists but the NHS was the vision of politicians. Literature and poetry provide inspiration and language skills, the latter being integral to meaningful collaboration. I could continue listing examples but you get my point. We needed far more than just scientists to get where we are today, even if their work seems more primarily important.

I'm not completely dismissing artists I'm just saying their contribution isn't as much as scientists

Original post by RayApparently
Surely you don't honestly believe that? I've just had a look at the stats and the correlation isn't even all that strong. A few extra points on average on a test (that I imagine isn't even widely administered in most underdeveloped countries) isn't going to overcome massive economic barriers to development.

The correlation definitely is strong. There are more than a few points difference

ok mr science i give up you brick wall

Sound
I'm not completely dismissing artists I'm just saying their contribution isn't as much as scientists

The correlation definitely is strong. There are more than a few points difference

Sound

you're an aspie masturbator

you'll probably end up being an average science teacher with a chubby wife
OP got a score of 140 on a an online IQ test and now he is superior to everyone else

Quick Reply

Latest