The Student Room Group

No girl has ever liked me

I'm in my final year of uni and no girl has never shown interest in me or liked me. Most of my female friends are interested in other guys or are already taken and it just makes me sad because a lot of my friends have been in relationships during their time at uni whereas I have not.

All the girls I've approached have turned me down straight away. I don't think there's anything wrong with me personally or physically. I get compliments from people and I'm not a bad person or anything

Maybe I'm just unlucky or what? What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

It could be lack of confidence? If you have got yourself into this mentality of being rejected, girls may be less interested, also I think it's always important to remember that while you obviously want a relationship, it shouldn't be a 'goal' just go out and meet people, try to act confident, and go for it :smile:
Have a bash...
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in my final year of uni and no girl has never shown interest in me or liked me. Most of my female friends are interested in other guys or are already taken and it just makes me sad because a lot of my friends have been in relationships during their time at uni whereas I have not.

All the girls I've approached have turned me down straight away. I don't think there's anything wrong with me personally or physically. I get compliments from people and I'm not a bad person or anything

Cause girls are nuts and like boys who are not good enough for them!
Do you show an interest in girls? As in do they know that you would be up for a girlfriend? I always find that what makes guys stand out to girls is confidence, definitely not arrogance but being sociable and quite self assured

Do you try to go to girls or do you wait for them ?
I think it could be more of a confidence issue than anything cupcake. It works on a snowball effect of confidence; you always see those confident guys who get hundreds of girls but there is that one lovely guy, but he gets turn down and knocks his confidence. Try two, same thing, confidence lower. You get to a stage that even if you feel fine, you're still lacking confidence.
Maybe try and talk to someone with little to no intention of anything happening to try and build confidence. I'm female, if you was wondering, and I'm on my gap year in between finishing A-levels, and heading to university next year. What about you?
I honestly think it's more of a confidence issue than anything else. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Do you try to go to girls or do you wait for them ?

Bit of both.
Wait until they're 35 and well past it. Then it's like shooting fish in a barrel.
Bit of both.

I see. Maybe you don't try enough to go to girls ? (Is "go to girl" even english ? I'm sorry if not :lol: )
Are you shy ? Because usually shy people have such a prob

I'm exactly the same but I'm female... Like literally the same as everything you have written, just flip all the genders. I'm hoping it's bad luck, but I'm also hoping that it will soon turn around.
Reply 11
Aww, I'm sorry:frown:
There are many women outside of your university, I'm sure you'll find the right girl. I bet she's looking for you too right now! :smile: Enjoy your life in the meantime, it'll work out.
life is full of surprises
don't worry
:h:
Original post by lo24la
Aww, I'm sorry:frown:
There are many women outside of your university, I'm sure you'll find the right girl. I bet she's looking for you too right now! :smile: Enjoy your life in the meantime, it'll work out.

Well today just got me thinking. It's just that all the girls on my course like some guy but that "some guy" isn't me. So what hope does this give me out there in the big world? I know when I'm just a friend and nothing more, it's just standard practice for me lol

I see. Maybe you don't try enough to go to girls ? (Is "go to girl" even english ? I'm sorry if not :lol: )
Are you shy ? Because usually shy people have such a prob

Yeah sure I have tried, but I don't wanna look desperate by always trying to hit on them. It's not like there are that many on my course lol. I guess I am a bit shy at first but once I get to know someone then I'm very talkative.
Well today just got me thinking. It's just that all the girls on my course like some guy but that "some guy" isn't me. So what hope does this give me out there in the big world? I know when I'm just a friend and nothing more, it's just standard practice for me lol

Yeah sure I have tried, but I don't wanna look desperate by always trying to hit on them. It's not like there are that many on my course lol. I guess I am a bit shy at first but once I get to know someone then I'm very talkative.

I think you definitely should don't hesitate when you meet a girl you like ^^
I think it could be more of a confidence issue than anything cupcake. It works on a snowball effect of confidence; you always see those confident guys who get hundreds of girls but there is that one lovely guy, but he gets turn down and knocks his confidence. Try two, same thing, confidence lower. You get to a stage that even if you feel fine, you're still lacking confidence.
Maybe try and talk to someone with little to no intention of anything happening to try and build confidence. I'm female, if you was wondering, and I'm on my gap year in between finishing A-levels, and heading to university next year. What about you?
I honestly think it's more of a confidence issue than anything else. :smile:

The key difference is the confident person doesnt need the validation of others to be confident. Wheras the "lovely guy" does.
I think you definitely should don't hesitate when you meet a girl you like ^^

But I don't think that's the issue. I've never been anyone's crush before, no girl has physically found me attractive

Yesterday I was watching my friend go all silly over a few texts because the guy she has a crush on texted her. but when I send similar texts, the reaction is dry and it just dies down. That's why it bothers me because if girls don't physically find me attractive, what chance do I have out there?

I'm not good looking but I'm not ugly either.
Become a Pokemon master.
But I don't think that's the issue. I've never been anyone's crush before, no girl has physically found me attractive

Yesterday I was watching my friend go all silly over a few texts because the guy she has a crush on texted her. but when I send similar texts, the reaction is dry and it just dies down. That's why it bothers me because if girls don't physically find me attractive, what chance do I have out there?

I'm not good looking but I'm not ugly either.

That's not all about look, you have to put your personnality in the foreground. Being good looking is not enough at all, you have to keep attention on you, see ? You seem to not really trust yourself and I think the girls can feel it
No guy has ever liked me.:five:

Latest

Trending

Trending