The Student Room Group

after training contract

hello!

1) I get my Bachelors in May 2018, when should I apply for training contract? Now???

2) after training contract what are the chances to secure a permanent job? after securing a permanent job, how easy is to rise the ladder? what is the typical career progression?

thanks!
Reply 1
why for 2019 contracts? Why not 2018?
Reply 2
what changes are these? what do we know for now?
Reply 3
depends on you too; I know a lot of people who work at big City firms now as associates/5 years pqe who have no desire to become partners due to perceived sacrifices involved, so its up to you how you priorities your work/life balance and what opportunities you wish to pursue.
Guys, can you give me advice:

I've been offered a TC, but they want me to start the LPC *THIS SEPTEMBER*, as in, in under a month. I had alternate plans, as I thought I'd study the LPC next year, as it is a March 2020 start date.

I'm thinking of rejecting the offer and seeing what other offers I get.. but would you expect to be asked to sit the LPC next month, or am I just naive?
Original post by Equanimitous
Guys, can you give me advice:

I've been offered a TC, but they want me to start the LPC *THIS SEPTEMBER*, as in, in under a month. I had alternate plans, as I thought I'd study the LPC next year, as it is a March 2020 start date.

I'm thinking of rejecting the offer and seeing what other offers I get.. but would you expect to be asked to sit the LPC next month, or am I just naive?

Don't know if I'm being slow here, but if you started the LPC Sept 2019 how could you possibly be finished in time for March 2020?

I'm in the same boat - it's a bit of a curveball but I think worth it. Depends how you felt your application process went/how confident you are of getting other offers/how much you want to work at this particular firm...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending