Original post by Mayhem™
How about we up it to anyone below 155? :smug: :lol:

I doubt anyone that intelligent would be on TSR, let alone at this time.:smile:
Original post by JamesN88
I doubt anyone that intelligent would be on TSR, let alone at this time.:smile:

I got above that :teehee:
Original post by Mayhem™
I got above that :teehee:

You should go an find a cure for cancer or something like that then instead of feeding trolls.:smile:

I came up at 135(from a proper test when I was younger not an online one) so I like to think I qualify as not being a complete idiot, although I feel very inferior to my 12 year old sister who scored 145.
Original post by JamesN88
You should go an find a cure for cancer or something like that then instead of feeding trolls.:smile:

I came up at 135(from a proper test when I was younger not an online one) so I like to think I qualify as not being a complete idiot, although I feel very inferior to my 12 year old sister who scored 145.

135 is still a very good score :biggrin:

IQ isnt really a measure of intelligence; it is better at showing how logical and effective at problem solving one can be.
You know that IQ actually changes throughout life.

Just reading a lot will give you a decent IQ, going to university increases someones IQ 20 points. The average IQ in britain is 100, which is on par with most of western Europe. Austria and Germany are 101, oooh big difference.

Higher IQ does actually correlate with better job success. Usually!

If you can read and comprehend this post and things like averages, your IQ is prob in the 120-130 range which is nothing bad at all. More academically minded score in the 150s and the geniuses in the 180s and above.

IQ tests everything, spatial awareness, linguistic aptitude, numeracy, literacy and lots of other things. You can do IQ tests online line in private if you like.

My two cents.
Original post by Flimshaw

If you can read and comprehend this post and things like averages, your IQ is prob in the 120-130 range which is nothing bad at all. More academically minded score in the 150s and the geniuses in the 180s and above.

I seriously doubt being able to understand the post and how an average works puts you 20-30 points above the average.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mrdisgruntled
IQ is a stupid intelligence-measuring system, you can't quantise intelligence.

he never said you could.
IQ measures the speed of the brain.
Original post by RayApparently
I seriously doubt being able to understand the post and how an average works puts you 20-30 points above the average.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well i was exaggerating a bit but my point was IQ can be improved, its not a static thing, its something that changes throughout life.The more one does with ones brain, the larger the shifts.
I think believing everyone who's not in the top 2% of the nation as having a low I.Q. says a lot for the state of the OP's own intelligence
You know that IQ actually changes throughout life.

Just reading a lot will give you a decent IQ, going to university increases someones IQ 20 points. The average IQ in britain is 100, which is on par with most of western Europe. Austria and Germany are 101, oooh big difference.

Higher IQ does actually correlate with better job success. Usually!

IQ tests everything, spatial awareness, linguistic aptitude, numeracy, literacy and lots of other things. You can do IQ tests online line in private if you like.

My two cents.

IQ measures speed.
I encourage anyone from the UK to go to Hong Kong. You will have difficulty adjusting. The supermarket cashiers are extremely quick, people walk fast, people talk fast, think fast, transport is never late always the time displayed, parents teaching their kids on the bus and trains.
When i come back to the UK, i feel like everyone is so slow.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DatSHINeeBack
IQ measures speed.
I encourage anyone from the UK to go to Hong Kong. You will have difficulty adjusting. The supermarket cashiers are extremely quick, people walk fast, people talk fast, think fast.

There are some unwelcome consequences to a hyper active brain that most people are not aware of. A whole range of neuroses often accompany the higher range of the IQ spectrum, which can often lead to behavior more in common with the lowest IQ ranges.
Oh, and, Flimshaw's post about such I.Q. scores as 150 and 180 being easily attained by "more academically-minded people" is a crock of shit. An I.Q. in the 98th percentile (130 to 132) is Mensa-qualifying and 140+ puts you in the top 0.4% of the nation, well and truly officially in the genius range. Scores much higher than that are virtually unheard of. Even Einstein only had a measured I.Q. of 160.
Original post by DatSHINeeBack
IQ measures speed.
I encourage anyone from the UK to go to Hong Kong. You will have difficulty adjusting. The supermarket cashiers are extremely quick, people walk fast, people talk fast, think fast.

To your point, actually its not people in Hong Kong specifically, its the..... wait for it......"race"..........disclaimer.....east Asians score better than ethnic Europeans in any geographic location. Even in America.
Original post by Walt_14
Oh, and, Flimshaw's post about such I.Q. scores as 150 and 180 being easily attained by "more academically-minded people" is a crock of shit. An I.Q. in the 98th percentile (130 to 132) is Mensa-qualifying and 140+ puts you in the top 0.4% of the nation, well and truly officially in the genius range. Scores much higher than that are virtually unheard of. Even Einstein only had a measured I.Q. of 160.

He doesn't know what he is talking about.
Some people, i have a few in my family who have very high IQ's but never done well in academics.
They were not interested in studying.
(edited 8 years ago)
To your point, actually its not people in Hong Kong specifically, its the..... wait for it......"race"..........disclaimer.....east Asians score better than ethnic Europeans in any geographic location. Even in America.

Up to 50% of a child's intelligence is hereditary, the rest is environment.
There is a reason why HK is at the top.
Go to those countries and you will see the similarities.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Walt_14

Very good sir, I stand corrected.

But its still a dynamic thing, neuroscience tells us such.
Original post by mrdisgruntled
Correlation doesn't imply causation.

Back in the Roman era, almost everyone was religious, they knew very little about the world in terms of science, geography, history and everything compared to us. Yet they developed one of the most sophisticated societies for its time.

IQ has nothing to do with knowledge.
Original post by kieran12321LFC
How come the average IQ of a country correlates fairly strongly with how developed that country is

IQ correlates with lots of life outcomes. It's a pretty good predictor of stuff.
Very good sir, I stand corrected.

But its still a dynamic thing, neuroscience tells us such.

[video="youtube;4SiqpatwO5w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SiqpatwO5w[/video]

asians say hi.

Quick Reply

Latest