The Student Room Group

Migrants in Greece stage pathetic publicity stunt

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oilfreak1
"Greek officials estimate 20,000 migrants have been stranded in Greece after neighbouring Macedonia (pictured) abruptly shut its border on Monday to anyone not Syrian or Iraqi"

This is a step in the right direction, next up character profiling, We don't need to be totally un-compassionate but at the same time can't let anyone who wants to come in. The phuckity do these Pakistanis need to come to Europe for? Benefits that's why. I say this as a South-Asian, Muslim with a migrant father (who has since birth hammered home the point to me that benefit scrounging is wrong). Unfortunately most people from my community don't share this sentiment and there are numerous Bengali/Pakistani benefit frauds entering the UK (Particularly from Italy/Holland).

Turned into a rant but it's pretty clear why these Pakistanis want to enter Europe and it's not to flee persecution.

not really a solution- the only real solution to this overall problem is the islamic world advances a couple of centuries to the 21st -to catch up with the rest of the planet, then muslims wouldnt be legging it in their millions from the sinking ship that is islamic society. and all and sundry trying to peddle the nonsense blag that 'islam is the best way' probably need to pipe down too- because that sort of self- delusion doesnt help.

unfortunatley by the time it gets on par with the 21st century, it may be the 23rd century
Original post by Pingu97
Prejudiced, hateful, racist and fascist. The Pakistanis and afhgans that do come are under threat of death by the taliban and constant drone strikes which could kill them at any Moment.

i could throw alll those accusations back at you; the taliban arnt in power anymore - why werent these migrants coming in these numbers when they were in power 15 years ago? pakistanis are coming from areas no where near conflict zones or 'drone strikes' einstein ie karachi , sindh and punjab states - are you half asleep or something?

Original post by Pingu97

And no honey don't say it's Islam, cause there's something called facts and it all started when no other then these 'marvellous' western countries started interfering with the east.
the west isnt interfering in pakistan, syria bangladesh somalia eritrea morrocco or tunisia and yet these are all sources of mass exodus for scores of muslims trying to get to the west. if they didnt like us 'interfering' , why are they leaving islamic society in droves to live here?? islam as a social experiment has failed; thats why they are piling in boats to get here - it isnt rocket science nor is it 'facist' too point out the facts.

Original post by Pingu97

And don't say Islam is backwards because the Middle East only started to destabilise with the collapse of the Ottoman Empire and British and western control honey so it's obvious where that blame goes.
the ottoman empire was trying to invade all and sundry that surrounded its borders - so it was inevitable it was going to be stopped. we dont call that 'destabilsation' its called that arressting an expansionist islamic empire. and the ottomans didnt have all muslims happily under their control either fyi - seeing as they faced violent bloody rebellions from the persians and the arabs for decades - try reading a book honey

Original post by Pingu97

So don't play the blame game honey play the fact games. Infact whatever your studying change it to international politics or middle eastern history. Perhaps you'll get a better factual insight into reality and work those tiny braincells a little more.
thanks for the advise, perhaps once youve done your gcse ill take you a little more seriously.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lilacwanda28
That's exactly what I want them to admit. Because if they were in Syria or Pakistan or any other war-torned country, they would be fleeing for their lives and trying to protect their families. And they would be begging Europe to let them in so they wouldn't have to go back. I want these right wing trolls to show a bit of empathy for once and not just label them all as benefit-scroungers and job-stealers, which is in itself a massive contradiction. Thank you for being a decent human being.

pakistan isnt a war-torn country, is simply an islamic country. if the your suggestion now is to absorb all the problem populations of the islamic world because islam is not a basis for a civilised society - the you are laughable.
even if we wanted to we could not makeup for the failures of islamic society and the fallout of their conflicts, in the same way perhaps far more needy people in the past conflicts of sierra leone, darfur congo etc were not housed in here in the millions either, why do you think we should be giving the islamic world special treatment over africa?

it is not the solution- the only solution is for the islamic world to get its own house in order - ie stop produceing ad exporting islamist ideology to the rest of the globe and do right by its own people instead of peddling ideas of land grabbing expansion. the islamic world is still filled with the worlds poorest and least educated and to a large extenst is still full of flashpoints for wars as we are seeing. their needs to be a mass overhaul of attitude within islamic society - simply piling ppl in boats and flaoting them over to europe will not change any of the mess they left behind
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pingu97
You make me laugh, the Taliban is more stronger then before, that's why people are fleeing from that region, because their strength has multiplied. You simply talk without knowledge this is basic.

fyi the taleban are no longer in power - there is an elected afgan government thansk to western involvement ( who have requested the military support of most of the rest of the world) , prior to which 15 years ago taleban were all over afganistan. its an islamic country and as such there will always be strong prescence of islamist groups ( sort it out yourself) perhaps you should ask yourself where groups like the taleban etc get their funding from , because its not from the west honey - its from the islamic leaders you are being suspiciously sheepishly quiet about.
Original post by Pingu97

And let me just blink my eyes a little before i take in what you said about the west not interfering. Even the most brain dead troll is something smarter then you, it's not aliens the trained and gave the extremists the weapons or are bombing the Hell out off the place. And as for the other countries please do a bit of research and factual studying sweetheart, cause you know not a fact or thing that happened. And no honey it's my because of Islam it's because of he wars and conflic us a are not leaving I islam honey they are leaving their destroyed coubtri

your sentences are getting even more illegible but if you are trying to claim that 'islam hasnt been responsible for the wars' perhaps before trying to read your first book you can start by reading a few journals- there you will find the basis of the current conflict in syria to be shia islam vs sunni islam. the same goes for current conflict in yemen. and indeed modern day iraq. then you have Islamic State. And every islamic terrorist group that ever existed. islam has 1300 years of wars - you want to blame that on the west too? you must be clown to do so

again sort your own house out - you are doing nothing to address the root cause of all this misery, just taking a weak opportunity to bitch about the west.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pingu97
Ah your making me laugh again. It's hilarious you think the west had nothing to do with it when they caused it on the first place. And who trained the extremists in Afghanistan and Syria? Not Islam honey. That's correct, the west which you so look up to. Who bombed Iraq? Not Islam. The west. Who opened Guantanamobay? Abu ghraib? Algerian genocide.
If you went to the Middle East before the occurrences you would see it was nothing like today. Read history doll, or maybe someone can read the big words for you.

so before abu ghraib, guantanamo and the( arab funded and baathist trained) Islamic State in syria, there were no conflicts in islamic history? congrats you have just smashed the TSR record for stupid comments. im not going to have a debate with someone whose pigeon 'knowledge' only stretches back to the year 2004. come back when youve done the basic required reading
Original post by Reformed
fyi the taleban are no longer in power - there is an elected afgan government thansk to western involvement ( who have requested the military support of most of the rest of the world) , prior to which 15 years ago taleban were all over afganistan. its an islamic country and as such there will always be strong prescence of islamist groups ( sort it out yourself) perhaps you should ask yourself where groups like the taleban etc get their funding from , because its not from the west honey - its from the islamic leaders you are being suspiciously sheepishly quiet about.

your sentences are getting even more illegible but if you are trying to claim that 'islam hasnt been responsible for the wars' perhaps before trying to read your first book you can start by reading a few journals- there you will find the basis of the current conflict in syria to be shia islam vs sunni islam. the same goes for current conflict in yemen. and indeed modern day iraq. then you have Islamic State. And every islamic terrorist group that ever existed. islam has 1300 years of wars - you want to blame that on the west too? you must be clown to do so

again sort your own house out - you are doing nothing to address the root cause of all this misery, just taking a weak opportunity to bitch about the west.

This is ludicrous you are becoming more stupid by then second. 1300 years of war, you have no knowledge of Islam at all lol.
The takiban controls vast areas of Afghanistan honey do a little search. And these groups were trained by the west doll if you know anything about the mujahideen in the 80s. If you know anything about the funding of al Qaida. About the arming of extremists Syrian Rebels. And don't talk about Yemen honey without talking about the puppet Saudi monarchy's blood massacre and the funding of thousands of weapons which kill innocent civilians they does make the people angry so they turn extreme in return and want revenge. There are a couple of pieces bin laden actually wrote detailing why he is doing these terrorist activities and all of them include the wests terrorist activities. And don't talk about poverty without talking about slave labour in developing countries, dumping of waste in Africa, the ibm and te etc goes on forever. And before you give the argument that Islam hasn't contributed anything do one Google search or read one book and then try to deny it
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pingu97
This is ludicrous you are becoming more stupid by then second. 1300 years of war, you have no knowledge of Islam at all lol.
The takiban controls vast areas of Afghanistan honey do a little search. And these groups were trained by the west doll if you know anything about the mujahideen in the 80s. If you know anything about the funding of al Qaida. About the arming of extremists Syrian Rebels. And don't talk about Yemen honey without talking about the puppet Saudi monarchy's blood massacre and the funding of thousands of weapons which kill innocent civilians they does make the people angry so they turn extreme in return and want revenge.

revenge against who genius? saudi are killing tens of thousands in yemen and the islamic world is turning a blind eye to it, whinging instead about syria - the mass murders we are seeing all over the place are thanks to the islamic sunni shia conflict that started OVER 1300 YEARS AGO . and yet muslims are still whinging about palestine. We should have never have armed the mujahdeen in afganistan -we did so out of pity given the russians were offing the afganis in record numbers. but as with all thing ins islamic politics - a temporarily stable situation turns into a war mongering bloody one, with the evolution into the taleban.

like i said grow up and then pry your eyes open to the real world - not the *******s thats pasted accross every trashy islamic chat forum that you frequent. they wont talk about the real issues - the causes of the syria war, whats happening in yemen, IS in iraq, taleban killing shia in afganistan, iran and hezbollah, islamic fundamentalist groups etc. thats why things never change in islamic word- ppl like you- and they jsut get worse. if islam had created a stable and safe society for muslims and tollerance beynds its borders , these things wouldnt still be happening today - and we ( the west) wouldnt still be trying to deal with the fallout)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pingu97
the wars that were fought honey were for he freedom to practice Islam and freedom for the people from

Oppression.

indeed, 1300 years of conquering other peoples lands from the middle east, to africa to asia, imposing islam , killing people that didnt submit, setting up a 900 year slave trade and then setting the scene for a sectarian conflict that still wages on accross most of the islamic world even today - all for "for he freedom to practice Islam and freedom for the people from Oppression"

You are truly a laughing stock
(edited 8 years ago)
indeed, 1300 years of conquering other peoples lands from the middle east, to africa to asia, imposing islam , killing people that didnt submit and then setting the scene for a sectarian conflict that still wages on accross most of the islamic world even today - all for "for he freedom to practice Islam and freedom for the people from Oppression"

You are truly a laughing stock

Lol I think your mixing up Islamic history with the crusades. You lack any real knowledge every single real scholar of Islam would laugh at your
Claims. Goodbye and good luck in your xenophobic world that you live in. I pity you for your stupidity. I really do. Just pity. Btw I study politics and Islam. I can guess that you do neither.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pingu97
Lol I think your mixing up Islamic history with the crusades. You lack any real knowledge every single real scholar of Islam would laugh at your
Claims. Goodbye and good luck in your xenophobic world that you live in.

islamic history and empire pre-dated the crusades einstein - again, youll discover all this when you eventually open that book for the first time....

every real 'islamic scholar' wouldnt get a proper job that required an education, so i have no problem with their laughing.

in between their hysterics ask them to earn their wages by explaining , the first 3 fitnahs, the arabs sacking of Bukhara, the timurids sacking of Delhi, imam ahmeds slaughter of Amba sel in somalia, the african slave trade overseen under islamic empire for almost a millennia - theres 1300 years of this btw so it could go on indefinately

every unbiased historian would point them to the facts of 1300 years of recorded history including sectarian wars, the arab slave trade and invasion of most of the current islamic world - the shia-sunni conflcit that permeates all the current conflicts barring palestine ( which is a hangover of the arabs invading levant post-mohammed) , is still playing out today. without islam there would be no IS, nor civil war with assad and no taleban.

And indeed no mass migrant crisis
(edited 8 years ago)
islamic history and empire pre-dated the crusades einstein - again, youll discover all this when you eventually open that book for the first time....

every real 'islamic scholar' wouldnt get a proper job that required an education, so i have no problem with their laughing.

in between their hysterics ask them to earn their wages by explaining , the first 3 fitnahs, the arabs sacking of Bukhara, the timurids sacking of Delhi, imam ahmeds slaughter of Amba sel in somalia, the african slave trade overseen under islamic empire for almost a millennia - theres 1300 years of this btw so it could go on indefinately

every unbiased historian would point them to the facts of 1300 years of recorded history including sectarian wars, the arab slave trade and invasion of most of the current islamic world - the shia-sunni conflcit that permeates all the current conflicts barring palestine ( which is a hangover of the arabs invading levant post-mohammed) , is still playing out today. without islam there would be no IS, nor civil war with assad and no taleban.

And indeed no mass migrant crisis

Looooolllll your right every historian with qualifications knows that your talking utter rubbish. 1) I study these things. 2) you don't. You study from journals i study from historical facts. It's simple. Now goodbye with your facist and xenophobic life. God save you
Original post by Pingu97
Looooolllll your right every historian with qualifications knows that your talking utter rubbish. 1) I study these things. 2) you don't. You study from journals i study from historical facts. It's simple. Now goodbye with your facist and xenophobic life. God save you

1) you dont study well enough and lets face it, you dont appear to be the sharpest tool in the box
2) you werent even aware that islamic empire began before the crusades and id wager also you are entirely ignorant of the historic events i just referred in my last post
Given this level of ignorance of facts and indeed ignorance of history - im sure youll have a glittering career as an islamic 'scholar' (excuse the pun)
3) Next you are going to tell me that islam means 'Peace' in arabic :facepalm2:

in the meantime, perhaps you can try spread your amazing education to the rest of your islamic world so that they arnt still fighting wars islam set out for them in the 8th century ( some hope) - and the rest of the planet doesnt have to figure out how to deal with the fallout
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDec
I knew you were lefty, but how could I possibly know you were working class?

I generally struggle to answer questions I have never been asked. However if I had been born in Syria with their poor health care I would have probably have taken my own life long before the start of the civil war due to my once crippling depression.
Not the answer you were looking for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did ask you before.
Do you expect everyone to kill themselves then?
I was looking for an answer, and you gave me one.
I did ask you before.
Do you expect everyone to kill themselves then?
I was looking for an answer, and you gave me one.

You didn't quote me on it.

I don't think everyone suffers from depression.
Original post by Josb
I would have gone to a refugee camp around Syria, preferably in Lebanon of Jordan. Then, I would have tried to get a job there in order to afford a decent life, waiting for better times. Then, if I was very good, I would have tried to go to a wealthier country, either by working for a foreign country that is present in my host country and then transferring to a western country, or by directly applying for jobs with the Internet.
It would have never crossed my mind to go in Europe through the Balkans.

What if everyone you knew was trying to get into Europe? Would it have crossed your mind then?
But you still would've wanted to come to a western country eventually, if the opportunity came about?
You didn't quote me on it.

I don't think everyone suffers from depression.

If you guys had been born in Syria, what would you be doing right now?

I quoted you and someone else. Doesn't matter if you didn't see it though, you've answered now so it's not like you were purposefully ignoring the question.
I think it's quite sad you would've chosen the route out. I completely understand why though. :frown:
I quoted you and someone else. Doesn't matter if you didn't see it though, you've answered now so it's not like you were purposefully ignoring the question.
I think it's quite sad you would've chosen the route out. I completely understand why though. :frown:

That route is not a choice and don't ever say it is.
Reply 57
What if everyone you knew was trying to get into Europe? Would it have crossed your mind then?

What does this mean?

I think a Syrian knows more about Lebanon, Jordan or Turkey than Western Europe.

But you still would've wanted to come to a western country eventually, if the opportunity came about?

By opportunity, you mean a well paid job in Western Europe? Yes, I would have taken it. But I don't think these migrants have a job offer before they arrive.
That route is not a choice and don't ever say it is.

ok, so what is it then?
Original post by Josb
What does this mean?

I think a Syrian knows more about Lebanon, Jordan or Turkey than Western Europe.

By opportunity, you mean a well paid job in Western Europe? Yes, I would have taken it. But I don't think these migrants have a job offer before they arrive.

I just meant if like all of your family and neighbours were talking about going to Europe, would you have considered it then?

So you would've waited until you had a concrete job before coming over? That's fair enough. Why do you think more people haven't done that then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending