The Student Room Group

Presentations and drinking

Okay, so I have a few presentations coming up at university. I'm absolutely **** at presentation, when I say im ****, I mean i'm actually ****. Thinking of dropping a few shots before to help loosen me up, anyone done this before?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've done that before :getmecoat: but it worked

be very careful how much you drink
Original post by ivy.98
I've done that before :getmecoat: but it worked

be very careful how much you drink

How much did you have?
Take beta blockers.
Original post by MrPoopaLoopa
Take beta blockers.

How do I get them?
Reply 5
Original post by College_Dropout
How much did you have?

3 shots were enough
are you going to keep doing this every time you have a presentation at work as well? Just man up and practice the skills you will need going forwards
Reply 7
I can imagine the OP stumbling into the lecture hall:

"TODAY! I'm here to... to talk tou y'all. ABOUT. How much I luuuuv you professors <3"
Original post by ivy.98
3 shots were enough

3 shots before a presentation?? What were you drinking?
if it's that bad you might get diazepam from a gp. if it's only mild you'll get beta blockers from a gp. best to go to a gp.
Reply 10
Original post by Zargabaath
3 shots before a presentation?? What were you drinking?

lmao :rofl: I have a high tolerance. And JD
Okay, so I have a few presentations coming up at university. I'm absolutely **** at presentation, when I say im ****, I mean i'm actually ****. Thinking of dropping a few shots before to help loosen me up, anyone done this before?

please let me know how this goes hahahahaha, i've always considered doing this before but never actually had the balls to try it
Original post by ivy.98
lmao :rofl: I have a high tolerance. And JD

that's tragic you'll ruin your purty looks
Reply 13
I wouldn't recommend it. Even if you get the dose right for it to be helpful - which is a balancing act - people might smell alcohol on your breath and raise and eyebrow. There is no substitute to living with your fear for the first few times and then it really does become easier. I remember how terrified I was the first time I presented at uni and now it is a routine experience at work. Otherwise a bit of advice from your gp is worth a try.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by samharrison
that's tragic you'll ruin your purty looks

i dont drink that often, maybe once or twice a month so its cool
and my high tolerance probably comes from my russian genes lmao

If it's an anxiety issue, then it's worth speaking to your GP as they might be able to prescribe something to help as well as perhaps suggesting some longer term solutions.
Original post by doodle_333
are you going to keep doing this every time you have a presentation at work as well? Just man up and practice the skills you will need going forwards

If need be
Original post by Fas
please let me know how this goes hahahahaha, i've always considered doing this before but never actually had the balls to try it

I've thought about it a lot before too, but only seriously considering it now.
Original post by samharrison
if it's that bad you might get diazepam from a gp. if it's only mild you'll get beta blockers from a gp. best to go to a gp.

Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
If it's an anxiety issue, then it's worth speaking to your GP as they might be able to prescribe something to help as well as perhaps suggesting some longer term solutions.

I can imagine a lot of people complain to the doctors about this, I dont see them prescribing me anything anyone time soon
Original post by ivy.98
3 shots were enough

Original post by Alexion
I can imagine the OP stumbling into the lecture hall:

"TODAY! I'm here to... to talk tou y'all. ABOUT. How much I luuuuv you professors <3"

I dont think 3 shots will touch the sides, Im thinking at least a quarter bottle of something. May even offer the professors a shot or two.

Quick Reply

Latest