The Student Room Group

projectile question

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 16Characters....
If you can find a therapist able to heal these wounds, pass me his number...

I wish I knew one myself
Original post by Student403

Spoiler

i haven't done i and j notation yet >.>
Original post by thefatone
i haven't done i and j notation yet >.>

No you don't need to :smile: I was just using it for my own sake to make it a little more clear to me that I was referring to the y/x axes

You could literally have written uupwards or usideways
No you don't need to :smile: I was just using it for my own sake to make it a little more clear to me that I was referring to the y/x axes

You could literally have written uupwards or usideways

oh it seems a lot easier now i know what the steps are, the question sounded like given that an ounce of milk is £10 find the weight of cow in North Africa.

Lol nice workings you have there, just that i didn't know how to use suvat on an inclined plane xD
oh it seems a lot easier now i know what the steps are, the question sounded like given that an ounce of milk is £10 find the weight of cow in North Africa.

Lol nice workings you have there, just that i didn't know how to use suvat on an inclined plane xD

Aww that's a funny analogy :laugh: Probably more applies to uni maths!

Appreciate it :h: Don't worry about inclined plane - the important thing is just considering vertical and horizontal components. That's the key to M1 to be honest :redface:
Aww that's a funny analogy :laugh: Probably more applies to uni maths!

Appreciate it :h: Don't worry about inclined plane - the important thing is just considering vertical and horizontal components. That's the key to M1 to be honest :redface:

i drew my diagram weird, i drew the particle halfway up the plane xD i knew i had to resolve but i didn't know what to do since my diagram looked so weird. Probably using tan woulda stumped me since i'm not too sure why you can use tan of pi divided by 6 an still get tan of theta?
i drew my diagram weird, i drew the particle halfway up the plane xD i knew i had to resolve but i didn't know what to do since my diagram looked so weird. Probably using tan woulda stumped me since i'm not too sure why you can use tan of pi divided by 6 an still get tan of theta?

It should work with your particle half-way u the plane still :redface:

I get that - I probably got kinda lucky because I guessed the tantheta would work out eventually. The only way I realised I could link the two was taking the distances in relation to tanpi/6
It should work with your particle half-way u the plane still :redface:

I get that - I probably got kinda lucky because I guessed the tantheta would work out eventually. The only way I realised I could link the two was taking the distances in relation to tanpi/6

it should but the way it looked made me think twice about how to approach this, the diagram makes all the difference ^-^ tbh since you had x and y in terms of theta probably using tan would work anyway i just realised
Reply 28
I just thought of this beautifully ugly question I just perceived and need to make it ...
it will be on an M3 familiar scenario ...
A particle will be slightly disturbed from the top of a surface whose cross section is in the shape of ( ...have not decided on the curve yet ...)
Find the distance the particle travels until the instant it leaves the surface

I will put hyperbolics and arclengths ...
it should but the way it looked made me think twice about how to approach this, the diagram makes all the difference ^-^ tbh since you had x and y in terms of theta probably using tan would work anyway i just realised

All good - you learn with practice! :h: What year are you in? :redface:
All good - you learn with practice! :h: What year are you in? :redface:

i;m in year 12? lower 6th doing AS levels
i;m in year 12? lower 6th doing AS levels

Awesome! :biggrin:
Awesome! :biggrin:

physics is killing me though, i got grades which told me i worked harder but i got a worse grade ;(
physics is killing me though, i got grades which told me i worked harder but i got a worse grade ;(

I'm not quite sure I understand? :redface:
I'm not quite sure I understand? :redface:

in my school we have a grading system which tells you your attitude to learning as they call it and your standard of working grade.

the attitude to learning has 4 section 1,2,3,4
1 is exceptional where you basically do your own extra learning aswell as doing all the correct things in class such as answering questions and bringing all your stuff to class etc,
2 is basically 1 but without the own extra learning
3 is essentially you're doing okay but you're very passive in lessons don't contribute much etc
4 is the worst where you destructively interfere with everyone elses learning and basically you're a bad boy in this category

Of course the grades given are what standard you're working at currently.

so since i have 2 physics teachers i get 2 separate grades from both.

i got a 2 D from one teacher and from the other i got a 1 E

I can thus conclude from this that as i work harder in physics i get worse grades.
if you want i can post a pic of my grades and the attitude to learning thing
in my school we have a grading system which tells you your attitude to learning as they call it and your standard of working grade.

the attitude to learning has 4 section 1,2,3,4
1 is exceptional where you basically do your own extra learning aswell as doing all the correct things in class such as answering questions and bringing all your stuff to class etc,
2 is basically 1 but without the own extra learning
3 is essentially you're doing okay but you're very passive in lessons don't contribute much etc
4 is the worst where you destructively interfere with everyone elses learning and basically you're a bad boy in this category

Of course the grades given are what standard you're working at currently.

so since i have 2 physics teachers i get 2 separate grades from both.

i got a 2 D from one teacher and from the other i got a 1 E

I can thus conclude from this that as i work harder in physics i get worse grades.
if you want i can post a pic of my grades and the attitude to learning thing

Dw about the pic.. But I really think that's an unlucky coincidencr. Working harder is always the right way :yep: (not overworking)
Dw about the pic.. But I really think that's an unlucky coincidencr. Working harder is always the right way :yep: (not overworking)

lol i might aswell share since everyone knows about my 2D and 1E ^>.>
but yea it annoys me when people tell me that if you work hard then you'll get better results because it bloody well doesn't my grades throughout GCSE and in a level have so far proved that because you work hard doesn't mean you'll get good results. It annoys me even more when people insist that they're right even though i have evidence that they're wrong -.-
i agree, most of the time you work harder yes you will get a better result but there are exceptions this is rule of hard work
Original post by TeeEm
I just thought of this beautifully ugly question I just perceived and need to make it ...
A particle will be slightly disturbed from the top of a surface whose cross section is in the shape of ( ...have not decided on the curve yet ...)

Don't be too naughty!

lol i might aswell share since everyone knows about my 2D and 1E ^>.>
but yea it annoys me when people tell me that if you work hard then you'll get better results because it bloody well doesn't my grades throughout GCSE and in a level have so far proved that because you work hard doesn't mean you'll get good results. It annoys me even more when people insist that they're right even though i have evidence that they're wrong -.-
i agree, most of the time you work harder yes you will get a better result but there are exceptions this is rule of hard work

Pretty much :redface:
Reply 38
Original post by TeeEm

I imagine it will get an interesting reaction...
Original post by Krollo
I imagine it will get an interesting reaction...

You can tell his mind was whizzing with ideas, like that of a mad scientist as he typed that.. :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest