The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Actuarial Science 2016 entry

Hi everybody, I couldn't find a thread specifically for this so thought it would be a good idea so we could get to know our peers before we start off! Anybody else on this course?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Tizzydag
Hi everybody, I couldn't find a thread specifically for this so thought it would be a good idea so we could get to know our peers before we start off! Anybody else on this course?

Applied but still waiting for decision. May I know when did u apply, offer obtained and your stats if u don't mind telling. Thanks
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Me and 1 person from my school applied to LSE for Actuarial Science and we both haven't got a reply yet.

It's the only university I'm still waiting for. I applied on the 25th of November.

GCSE's are 7A* 2A 1B
I got 4A's (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chinese) and a B (Chemistry, 1 UMS off an A) at AS.
A2 predictions are A*A*A*A (A* in Maths, Further Maths, Chinese and A in Physics)

I'm pretty sure they'll exclude Chinese anyway haha, but the wait is killing me
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Jj15
Applied but still waiting for decision. May I know when did u apply, offer obtained and your stats if u don't mind telling. Thanks

I applied a couple of days before the oxbridge deadline. Mid october i guess. Received on 4th december. requirements were AAA, predictions were 2 A* and 3A's
Reply 4
A friend of mine applied too and he was saying that LSE sent an email out saying the responses are going to be delayed due to some circumstances. But I wouldn't worry, with those grades you're bound to get in! The Chinese will probably come in handy at LSE haha.

Original post by kelvin1338
Me and 1 person from my school applied to LSE for Actuarial Science and we both haven't got a reply yet.

It's the only university I'm still waiting for. I applied on the 25th of November.

GCSE's are 7A* 2A 1B
I got 4A's (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chinese) and a B (Chemistry, 1 UMS off an A) at AS.
A2 predictions are A*A*A*A (A* in Maths, Further Maths, Chinese and Physics)

I'm pretty sure they'll exclude Chinese anyway haha, but the wait is killing me
Reply 5

I applied a couple of days before the oxbridge deadline. Mid october i guess. Received on 4th december. requirements were AAA, predictions were 2 A* and 3A's

Congrats! Your stats are great. Are u firming LSE?
Reply 6
Thanks! Stuck between CASS and LSE. But most likely go lse due to its reputation.
Original post by Jj15
Congrats! Your stats are great. Are u firming LSE?
Reply 7
Congrats on the offer! I'm still waiting for a decision. So are my 2 other friends =.=.
They are sure taking long...
Applied on the 27th November still no offer. Unsure if I'll receive an offer as my PS wasn't very engineered to actuarial science (applied for economics at all my other uni choices)
Reply 9
Original post by Crozzer24
Applied on the 27th November still no offer. Unsure if I'll receive an offer as my PS wasn't very engineered to actuarial science (applied for economics at all my other uni choices)

I dont think that shoulf be an issue tbh. What branch of econ did you talk about?
I dont think that shoulf be an issue tbh. What branch of econ did you talk about?

Econometrics and the mathematical side of economics
Reply 11
Original post by Crozzer24
Econometrics and the mathematical side of economics

Thats fine, the LSE course is pretty heavy on maths and stats anyways.
This wait is killing me haha every day I'm constantly checking UCAS track it's making me turn insane:angry:
Reply 13
Don't see many applicants in the Application thread. Wondering if there is any rejection so far.
I'm still waiting for decision too. I applied late December.
Reply 15
Just received an offer!
Reply 16
Original post by BlackPen
Just received an offer!

Congrats! I just received an offer too 😄
Reply 17
Original post by Jj15
Congrats! I just received an offer too 😄

Congrats! Will you be firming?
Reply 18
Original post by BlackPen
Congrats! Will you be firming?

Most probably. Still waiting for last decision from Imperial. What about you?
Reply 19
Original post by Jj15
Most probably. Still waiting for last decision from Imperial. What about you?

I've gotten all 5 so I will have to decide between UCL and LSE. LSE has lower requirements though...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending