The Student Room Group

projectile question

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Krollo
I imagine it will get an interesting reaction...

coming this evening when I finish work
Reply 41
You had to post this while I was asleep! :frown:

Spoiler

Reply 42
Original post by TeeEm
I just thought of this beautifully ugly question I just perceived and need to make it ...
it will be on an M3 familiar scenario ...
A particle will be slightly disturbed from the top of a surface whose cross section is in the shape of ( ...have not decided on the curve yet ...)
Find the distance the particle travels until the instant it leaves the surface

I will put hyperbolics and arclengths ...

sounds like a nightmare
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
You had to post this while I was asleep! :frown:

Spoiler

Yay we solved exactly the same way :biggrin: Wonder if there is another way?
Reply 44
Original post by Student403

I swear I didn't copy yours or anything - I simply tried all the SUVAT equations that allowed me to manipulate yx \frac{y}{x}. :redface:

I think there might be one using calculus and differentiating a function of displacement. I was looking to do that, but it'd give me way too many variable to take care of!
I swear I didn't copy yours or anything - I simply tried all the SUVAT equations that allowed me to manipulate yx \frac{y}{x}. :redface:

I think there might be one using calculus and differentiating a function of displacement. I was looking to do that, but it'd give me way too many variable to take care of!

No not accusing you :biggrin: I was happily surprised I used the same method as someone with such expertise in solving forum questions :3

Hmm interesting - wonder if someone else will attempt like that

Not sure if mine is particularly different to your two's, but it's attached anyway.
Reply 47
No not accusing you :biggrin: I was happily surprised I used the same method as someone with such expertise in solving forum questions :3

Hmm interesting - wonder if someone else will attempt like that

Hahahaha, I just looked over yours and saw that it's pretty similar. Did you use a calculator though? Flattery will get you nowhere by the way :colondollar:

I think using energy also looks feasible now that I think about it. TeeEm will probably use something cooler than SUVAT
Original post by 16Characters....
Not sure if mine is particularly different to your two's, but it's attached anyway.

Almost the same! :biggrin: :five:
Hahahaha, I just looked over yours and saw that it's pretty similar. Did you use a calculator though? Flattery will get you nowhere by the way :colondollar:

I think using energy also looks feasible now that I think about it. TeeEm will probably use something cooler than SUVAT

Nah no calculator - hence why it took a while to compute the tan(theta + pi/6) haha
Reply 50
Original post by 16Characters....

Very nice observation that it occurs at maximum height. I could never attempt it without a diagram, though.
Very nice observation that it occurs at maximum height. I could never attempt it without a diagram, though.

I did have a diagram on the other side I just didn't scan that side since it was a scrap of paper and so was full of a load of random scribblings.

Pretty much :redface:

Spoiler

Original post by thefatone

Spoiler

Ah thanks!
Ah thanks!

i'm gonna die from physics a level coming soon.... i haven't even understood the waves bit....
Reply 55
problem and solution
PROJECTILE.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest