The Student Room Group

Crush asked me to help her with a guy she likes

Is this game over?

I knew a girl for over a year now, we kept seeing each other at uni but we never really spoke until a few months ago and that's when I exchanged phone numbers with her. At first our conversations were dry but now that we're in the same class, we spend a lot more time together. We've gotten quite close now. We have talked about relationships and that kind of stuff.

She told me there is a guy she likes but it's always been on and off between them and she's never gotten into a relationship with him. Now she's asking me to help her with that guy, like what to say in texts or how to reply...

I'm past that stage where asking her out is even an option now, I'm like her relationship counselor. Should I just live with being so far into the friendzone and just find another girl to crush on?

Advice please
Reply 1
No, actually when a girl fancies a guy what they do is directly tell him that they are into someone else...

What do you think genius
Reply 2
Sad to say youre a busted flush. This scenario is one of the cruelest aspects of dating disappointment. You can just see it coming. The best bet to save humiliation and angst is to put your energy elsewhere.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
Sad to say youre a busted flush. This scenario is one of the cruelest aspects of dating disappointment. You can just see it coming. The best bet to save humiliation and angst is to put your energy elsewhere.

do you mean she found out that I liked her and that's her way of telling me to stay away? damn.

it was really strange because he was texting her while we were chilling together and she was getting all excited and I was dying inside
Yo dawg, I heard you like friendzones so I put some friendzone into your friendzone.
Reply 5
[QUOTE=Anonymous;63045227]do you mean she found out that I liked her and that's her way of telling me to stay away? damn.

it was really strange because he was texting her while we were chilling together and she was getting all excited and I was dying inside
No I don't imagine it's deliberate. But I have found on a couple of occasions that the girl you fancy the pants off not only isn't up for it but to add insult to injury gravitates towards a mate. Hateful and best strategy is to find someone who puts you first. Good luck.
You don't have to counsel her. If she ask for your advice respond with the bare minimum. She'll have to figure out that predicament herself. Try to talk about any other thing with her
It's not game over if she's still single.
Original post by Anonymous
Is this game over?

. At first our conversations were dry....

Advice please

No wonder your thirsty.....
Reply 9
You got too close, the initial stage of pre-dating is called 'idealisation' this is when silly girls pretend their crush has no faults. If you are friends you have already shown her faults, ergo you ruled yourself out.
Note to self: Do NOT type "cuckold" into Google Images with Safesearch turned off again, unless I'm on my own.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Note to self: Do NOT type "cuckold" into Google Images with Safesearch turned off again, unless I'm on my own.

Nothing like the sight of 9 inches of chocolate swiss roll :lol:
Original post by Withengar
Yo dawg, I heard you like friendzones so I put some friendzone into your friendzone.

So you can get friendzoned while your in the friendzone :lol:
Original post by WoodyMKC

Note to self: never actually google this **** when people say not to google it, it's for good reason :cry2:
Original post by Death Grips
Nothing like the sight of 9 inches of chocolate swiss roll :lol:

Interesting......

who doesn't love swiss roll? :rofl:
Original post by luminarychild
Interesting......

who doesn't love swiss roll? :rofl:

It's long and brown and full of gooey white stuff :biggrin:
LAME. You thought you'd somehow slip under the radar as her "friend" and then somehow end up sleeping with her? Reality check, you are known as an orbiter. Let the real men sleep with her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending