The Student Room Group

When have you all started revising?

When did you start your solid revision or when are you planning to start? I started about a week ago (3 months until my first exam date), what about you guys?

:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I was planning to start today but zero progress
I should be strting in about a week or so.
Yeah better to start making a timetable now
This upcoming Monday. :biggrin:

I planned to start last Monday, but there was a lot of hassle trying to drop Further Maths to just Maths. (Which technically means I had less homework to do, but shh. I was stressed.)

:woo:
On Monday and will finish all of the content for all of my courses, regardless of where teachers are, by the 31st of March. Then I will be doing practice papers/essays/essay plans etc all of April ready for my last review of content until exams! I am really excited for my exams because by then I will be able to basically 'show off' what I have learnt. That's what exams are just proving what you already know:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Science_help
I should be strting in about a week or so.

Original post by sunnydespair
Yeah better to start making a timetable now

Original post by flyingpanda

I planned to start last Monday, but there was a lot of hassle trying to drop Further Maths to just Maths. (Which technically means I had less homework to do, but shh. I was stressed.)

Original post by TheHopefulMedic
On Monday and will finish all of the content for all of my courses, regardless of where teachers are, by the 31st of March. Then I will be doing practice papers/essays/essay plans etc all of April ready for my last review of content until exams! I am really excited for my exams because by then I will be able to basically 'show off' what I have learnt. That's what exams are just proving what you already know:smile:

Best of Luck to you all, Let us get those A's!
Original post by Hasanalm
Best of Luck to you all, Let us get those A's!

Thank you, Good luck to you to :biggrin:
Original post by Hasanalm
When did you start your solid revision? I started about a week ago (3 months until my first exam date), what about you guys?

:smile:

October 23rd 2015 at 5:11pm....

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
October 23rd 2015 at 5:11pm....

Spoiler

Wow, I have no doubt you'll get those grades. Good luck!
Reply 11
Solid revision? Pfft... I haven't even started normal revision. Everytime I had planned to start it, it kept getting pushed further back and now I'm here. I have made 7/8 Time-tables as of now (maybe just out of desperation for something to happen) but none of them have been followed for more than half an hour at best. -_-

So really, the revision has to start from this week onwards, which means blocking out all friends if need be. Otherwise, with the subjects I'm doing, I don't think I'll stand a chance at all.

Now having said that, good luck everyone, with your revision.

Ohh I did this as well - I'm pretty sure everyone who was in my further maths class thinks I'm stupid now though :frown:

I've been trying to revise since Christmas, but so far I'm doing a very successful job of procrastinating

I'm supposed to get straight As in my AS levels so I'm starting to get a little panicy about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thatinglesa
Ohh I did this as well - I'm pretty sure everyone who was in my further maths class thinks I'm stupid now though :frown:

I've been trying to revise since Christmas, but so far I'm doing a very successful job of procrastinating

I'm supposed to get straight As in my AS levels so I'm starting to get a little panicy about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my old Further Maths class, no one is happy with me. But that's mostly because half of them wanted to drop before and the teschers tried to stop them. :biggrin:

Have you made a revision timetable yet? I think it could really help with setting out an allotted time for revision, and am planning to make one today. My issue is that it take ages to finish homework so I have no time for revision.

Also, what subjects are you taking?
In my old Further Maths class, no one is happy with me. But that's mostly because half of them wanted to drop before and the teschers tried to stop them. :biggrin:

Have you made a revision timetable yet? I think it could really help with setting out an allotted time for revision, and am planning to make one today. My issue is that it take ages to finish homework so I have no time for revision.

Also, what subjects are you taking?

That's kind of the opposite for me - they all think I've given up and I must be completely hopeless. It's pretty embarrassing :frown:

Yeah I'm having a similar issue - I tend to spend so much time doing homework that I don't have enough time to revise. I also do ballet, so that takes up my time as well.

I don't really have a timetable as such, but I try to alternate between doing two subjects one day and the other two the next so I can spend a bit longer on each of them. I think a timetable might be a good idea though.

I'm doing Spanish, Maths (stats now), Economics and Computer Science. (I actually didn't want to do all maths based subjects, but my school pressured me into it because of my A* in maths. Apparently, listening to your head of sixth form is a bad idea.)

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
When my computing program is finished... which is never
**** mah life

who wants to resit year 13 with me :biggrin:
Well I officially started the first week of January, but I just end up on here which is particularly bad as I have to revise for some of the y12 papers I'm resitting this year :rofl:
I started making notes back in September so I've already completed the course for all of my subjects. I should have started aaaages ago but with all my ECs and the whole kerfuffle with me taking up Geography three months into the course just ruined the whole plan.... I'm going to start consolidating my notes from tomorrow! Doing at least 6 hours of work a day hopefully! :h:
Original post by TheHopefulMedic

Similar situation to me except that I'm going to be doing past papers a month before my exams so... 17th April!

One month to complete ALL of the content? Wow, that is so admirable!

How have you found learning the content in advance? I think it is super rewarding when you're in class and the teacher is just going over everything you already know - it really rireinforces your knowledge!
Started New Years Day. Haven't missed a single day since.

Quick Reply

Latest