The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Velvetgh0st
I got the email from Bristol offering Social Policy with Criminology instead, absolutely gutted

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry for you, I'm still hanging on until the bitter end. Did they send on a Saturday morning, or you are international? Can't be long before I join you, I don't know why then insist on torturing us as long as possible.
Original post by MaeC1998
Finally got my rejection email from Bristol :frown:

Sorry for you, I'm still hanging on until the bitter end. Did they send on a Saturday morning, or you are international? Can't be long before I join you, I don't know why then insist on torturing us as long as possible.
Original post by crocface

Im UK and I got it through this morning just after nine. I got 31 on the LNAT and am predicted three A's so Im a bit gutted :frown:
Im UK and I got it through this morning just after nine. I got 31 on the LNAT and am predicted three A's so Im a bit gutted :frown:

31 on the LNAT is outstanding. Could it have been your GCSE or as grades? Have you got other offers?
UCL or PPL at king's and why?? Both A*AA
Original post by Cholesta
31 on the LNAT is outstanding. Could it have been your GCSE or as grades? Have you got other offers?

Thank you :smile: my GCSEs were pretty average 1 a star, 5 a's and 5 b's so think it may have been that. I already have an offer for Nottingham so think I'll firm there with Sheffield as insurance.

They seem to be rejecting a lot of people with high lnat and AAA predictions. I have the feeling that they have so many people with higher than AAA predictions that AAA is now the new cutoff for remaining offers.
Thank you :smile: my GCSEs were pretty average 1 a star, 5 a's and 5 b's so think it may have been that. I already have an offer for Nottingham so think I'll firm there with Sheffield as insurance.

Nottingham is ranked 6th for law and is an excellent university. I don't think Bristol rates the LNAT as highly as Notts do. I went with my son to see Notts on 17th of this month and it poured with rain. He's still deciding but he knows it's one of the best for law. Feel proud of yourself for getting a Notts offer as law is such a competitive course there. So many people were rejected with low LNAT scores. Well done!!
I've been seeing your posts and feel bad for you that you're so disappointed. Why are you so keen on King's? Looking at the league tables, Nottingham is even higher ranked (although I appreciate that''s arguably unimportant). Why not just go for Nottingham and approach the whole dilemma as one where ok, you didn't get into the university you wanted, but you're getting into one that has got just as good, if not higher, a reputation?

If you're not familiar with life in London, I can assure you that for all it's good points, it's also extremely expensive, often stressful to live in because of demands on things like property, transport, etc., and overall somewhere you're as likely to hate as love. That's my input on that part of your question if you're interested.

It seems to me you've had your heart set on Kings, got crushingly disappointed which I have a lot of sympathy on but taking a year out to then reapply to the same university where you could get rejected again seems too much of a gamble to me. If it was me looking at your application and knowing all that, I might think to myself you're more interested in the university than you are in the law, your own life and time. Know what I mean? I think you should think long and hard about why it is you want to give up so much just to go to one university when you've got just as good another, if not better, offering you a place.

Never been to Nottingham but the north generally is awesome. Bristol I know fairly well. It's a well-established 'university town'. Lot of posh kids, lot of nice-looking houses. Lot of meh. That's about it. If I had a choice, I'd head north. If I was looking outside London, I'd have included Nottingham has a choice and taken it as my firm if I'd been offered a place.
Original post by dfradkin
Thank you. I have, and there isn't really much that would sway my decision. In terms of social life, Bristol is usually seen as a better option - how true is this?

Also, I'm contemplating a gap year to reapply to King's. Can you compare Bristol / Notts in terms of social life, expenses, getting around, sightseeing, etc to London?
What are the pros and cons of student life in London?

I may not be able to visit during spring holidays so I need to make an informed decision.

Something cocked up. My last response was directed to you.
Original post by jonstran
I've been seeing your posts and feel bad for you that you're so disappointed. Why are you so keen on King's? Looking at the league tables, Nottingham is even higher ranked (although I appreciate that''s arguably unimportant). Why not just go for Nottingham and approach the whole dilemma as one where ok, you didn't get into the university you wanted, but you're getting into one that has got just as good, if not higher, a reputation?

If you're not familiar with life in London, I can assure you that for all it's good points, it's also extremely expensive, often stressful to live in because of demands on things like property, transport, etc., and overall somewhere you're as likely to hate as love. That's my input on that part of your question if you're interested.

It seems to me you've had your heart set on Kings, got crushingly disappointed which I have a lot of sympathy on but taking a year out to then reapply to the same university where you could get rejected again seems too much of a gamble to me. If it was me looking at your application and knowing all that, I might think to myself you're more interested in the university than you are in the law, your own life and time. Know what I mean? I think you should think long and hard about why it is you want to give up so much just to go to one university when you've got just as good another, if not better, offering you a place.

Never been to Nottingham but the north generally is awesome. Bristol I know fairly well. It's a well-established 'university town'. Lot of posh kids, lot of nice-looking houses. Lot of meh. That's about it. If I had a choice, I'd head north. If I was looking outside London, I'd have included Nottingham has a choice and taken it as my firm if I'd been offered a place.

Original post by jonstran

Totally! I live in London and have an offer from kings but I'm waiting on Nottingham. My first choice is Nottingham without a doubt! The notts campus is amazing and I'm sure you'll love it there! x :smile:

I'm also waiting for Bristol. :s-smilie:
Finally got my rejection email from Bristol :frown:

Oh no. Sorry to hear you didn't get in. What course did you apply for?
I got the email from Bristol offering Social Policy with Criminology instead, absolutely gutted

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why gutted?

I got the email this morning and I'm not international :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StudentFZ
Why gutted?

I had my heart set on Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had my heart set on Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you apply for? Bristol is lovely.
Original post by StudentFZ
What did you apply for? Bristol is lovely.

Law, I know Bristol is lovely that's why I'm gutted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mitchriding
UCL or PPL at king's and why?? Both A*AA

I look at it from a program perspective and from a program perspective PPL at Kings offers a more diverse courseload and learning opportunities, so hands down PPL for me.
Reply 3039
should I assume rejection at this point from Nottingham? it's been a very long time..

Latest

Trending

Trending