The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A bit late to the party but I found FP2 better than M2, chapter 3 is a bit tedious as before mentioned but the rest is quite nice.
I like the two ODE chapters very much.

On paper M2 would seem like the easier module in terms of difficulty, though this varies from person to person I guess.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RonnieRJ
Yeah I'm literally just worried about the time it makes me panic a bit :| but thank you for checking that for me, I'll be doing physical Nat Sci at uni so do you think it'll be a good idea to just do M2 for the exam but have a good look through FP2 over summer?

If you're at all worried about the time, go for M2 and you'll ace it, the syllabus honestly couldn't be nicer. Most of it's on the a level physics syllabus so it'll be a breeze for you.

I wouldn't say go over all of it cause there's plenty of useless stuff there too :tongue:
But I would say go over any complex numbers stuff, especially de moivre's theorem cause that comes up all the time. Also the vector stuff and matrices stuff in FP3 will be helpful for anything physicsy on your degree.
Reply 82
I really liked Moments in physics when I did them 🌚
Weird to think I was scared of mechanics last year lol

It gets just a little more complicated in M2, but you should be able to cope with it fine!
I remember struggling to resolve a force last year - now I'm doing M3 😂
Thank you ahaha you can call to find out I got 6 Es :biggrin:

We can celebrate with nandos for stellar E*'s. :biggrin:
Reply 84
Original post by Student403
Same I f***ed up M1 but somehow I'm enjoying M4 this year and I hope to study M5

Shows AS doesn't predict your future

Exactly! Lol I thought I'd fail phys unit 2, the mechanics one :rolleyes:

Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
If you're at all worried about the time, go for M2 and you'll ace it, the syllabus honestly couldn't be nicer. Most of it's on the a level physics syllabus so it'll be a breeze for you.

I wouldn't say go over all of it cause there's plenty of useless stuff there too :tongue:
But I would say go over any complex numbers stuff, especially de moivre's theorem cause that comes up all the time. Also the vector stuff and matrices stuff in FP3 will be helpful for anything physicsy on your degree.

Ah thanks so much. I wanted to go through FP1-3 anyway before I decided last minute to do the AS exams at least. Guess FP3 just builds up on C4, FP1-2?
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
It gets just a little more complicated in M2, but you should be able to cope with it fine!
I remember struggling to resolve a force last year - now I'm doing M3 😂

Omg SAME!! I was so confused about it and didn't figure it out till a couple weeks before the exams haha
Original post by High Stakes
We can celebrate with nandos for stellar E*'s. :biggrin:

Ohh cheeky :wink:
We can just go Wolverhampton uni lol x

Ohh cheeky :wink:
We can just go Wolverhampton uni lol x

I'm going to wolverhampton university hopefully
Reply 87
Original post by luminarychild

I shall tho

Original post by Oil lamp

🌚🌚🌚🌚
Good luck
I shall tho

🌚🌚🌚🌚
Good luck

Lol I'm joking I just wanted you to feel like u awkwardly offended someone by mockin their university. 🌛

I shall tho

🌚🌚🌚🌚
Good luck

Lol I'm joking I just wanted you to feel like u awkwardly offended someone by mockin their university. 🌛

She wasn't joking. We're both going Wolverhampton. She needs to meet her AAA offer otherwise she has to go to sh!tty Cambridge lol. But I doubt she'll do that bad. She'll be fine. :smile:
Original post by High Stakes
She wasn't joking. We're both going Wolverhampton. She needs to meet her AAA offer otherwise she has to go to sh!tty Cambridge lol. But I doubt she'll do that bad. She'll be fine.

I'm lost, not sure if the sarcasm is lost through letters or i'm stupid.

I'm aware that there is a joke in there somewhere but i figured i'd tell you that either way i really like candles. One's that are lit by matches are better because of the pleasureful sound of the match scraping the rough side of the box, then the beautiful smell of the lit match as it glows.

After that, the way the candle wick absorbs the delicious flame and sends the gorgeous aroma of the chocolatey juiciness from the chocolate scented yankee candle. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I made a picture for your scrapbook incase you ever wanted to remember this encounter:

Spoiler

Reply 91

I'm aware that there is a joke in there somewhere but i figured i'd tell you that either way i really like candles. One's that are lit by matches are better because of the pleasureful sound of the match scraping the rough side of the box, then the beautiful smell of the lit match as it glows.

After that, the way the candle wick absorbs the delicious flame and sends the gorgeous aroma of the chocolatey juiciness from the chocolate scented yankee candle. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I made a picture for your scrapbook incase you ever wanted to remember this encounter:

Spoiler

wtf

Spoiler

OMG let's be friends!!!! I love Yankee Candles too so much!!!!

So does @preetg97
Reply 93
Id go with FP2, took 2 weeks to watch all the videos on examsolutions.net(that would help a bunch). 2 more weeks to finish all the textbook questions. If you go by that pace (you could go faster tbh) you'll have a month for pastpapers. As per my bright friends (those who got 3 A*s and those who got fullypaid scholarships), M2 is pretty hard. But I wouldnt know, since I didnt do it
I do three sciences and maths A2 and doing further maths AS on my own this year. Definitely doing FP1 and M1, but I've not really started the third unit and only have about two months left till the exam.
I'm fine with both pure and mechanics but which one is easier to self teach in a short period of time? Kinda need an A lol :|

M2- less content and most students find it easier than FP2.

Have you done D1? That is even quicker to cover.
Reply 95

I'm not aiming it at anyone 🌚
But let's face it wolves isn't on the league tables also lol but not even the uni but the town Lmaoo I live right next to wolves and it's awful lol esp Heath town

Spoiler

Did u just save my picture

Original post by Muttley79
M2- less content and most students find it easier than FP2.

Have you done D1? That is even quicker to cover.

Yup I'm doing D1 as part of Maths A2 :smile:
I'm not aiming it at anyone 🌚
But let's face it wolves isn't on the league tables also lol but not even the uni but the town Lmaoo I live right next to wolves and it's awful lol esp Heath town

Did u just save my picture

Yup I'm doing D1 as part of Maths A2 :smile:

🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚Lol i screen shot🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚
Reply 97

Lmaoooooo

Pls no more pls 🌚🌚🌚🙃🙃🙃🔪🔪🔪
Reply 98

Things got 0 to 100 in a creepy manner.