The Student Room Group

If you had to choose to live without one of your five senses, which one would you giv

^^

Edit: Didn't realise the end of the thread title got cut off- 'give up?'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by hxfsxh
^^

Smell:s-smilie:
taste, smell would compensate.
For me it'd have to be taste.

Give up taste so I can eat healthily(does it work like that? :redface:)
Keep touch because I need my hugs :hide:
Sight and hearing are important.
Smell just to be able to smell if something is going wrong (or if there is something I shouldn't eat/drink etc).
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM

Give up taste so I can eat healthily(does it work like that? :redface:)

I have the exact same 'reasoning' for choosing taste :P
Reply 5
Oh god this is so hard :/

Sight - nah, too important for everything
Hearing - would be a pain but I guess I could survive without it, but my music nooooo
Touch - you could do some serious damage to yourself, and doing anything tactile would be impossible
Smell/Taste - (these are realistically the same thing) I'm not sure I could live without being able to enjoy food omg, but then again...

I think I'd settle for smell/taste, it's the only one that'd be more of an inconvenience than an impairment - you'd have to be real careful with cooking though to make sure stuff is cooked right and you don't end up poisoning yourself :cute:
(edited 8 years ago)
Smell. My sense of smell is poor anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Taste-How else will I enjoy my chickens, prawns, sushi

Spoiler

.. etc:biggrin:

Spoiler

Touch-I need that for dancing and hugging, tucking someones hair behind their ear and holding someones hand so (my children and my love)..:love::frown:

Spoiler

Sight-I need this the most, about 83% info from sight so... (again my passion is streetdance so kinda hard being blind and all that..):frown:

Hearing-Couldnt go through a day without my tunes (well I could be itd be a depressing ass day):tongue:

Smell-Half the time you smell day to day is bad anyway, fertiliser, farts etc:biggrin:, and the other half you have a blocked nose so its going to have to go, its just good business

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Changing Skies
Smell. My sense of smell is poor anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would do the same always got a blocked nose.

24/7 with a cold. :cry2:
(edited 8 years ago)
I already don't have a sense of smell so it'd be that

sight is the one I'd least want to give up
Humans have a terrible sense of smell, and while it can be useful, other four senses are far more important. Therefore - smell.
Reply 11
Smell or Taste.

I would have said smell but then I remembered that really nice perfume this girl was wearing the other day
I think it would be interesting to give up sight and be able to see the world differently without it.
I'd rather give up taste though for similar reasons as others' above
Original post by Alexion
Oh god this is so hard :/

Sight - nah, too important for everything
Hearing - would be a pain but I guess I could survive without it, but my music nooooo
Touch - you could do some serious damage to yourself, and doing anything tactile would be impossible
Smell/Taste - (these are realistically the same thing) I'm not sure I could live without being able to enjoy food omg, but then again...

I think I'd settle for smell/taste, it's the only one that'd be more of an inconvenience than an impairment - you'd have to be real careful with cooking though to make sure stuff is cooked right and you don't end up poisoning yourself :cute:

Love how you fully analysed your options :rofl:
Original post by hxfsxh
Love how you fully analysed your options :rofl:

I ain't making this decision lightly, if you're stealing one of my senses then I'd better make sure I don't regret which one :lol:
SIXTH SENSE.

I'd be okay with not knowing there's danger. I can just have someone else to warn me, but no one can taste food for me or smell food for me. (I like my food, okay) :cute:

Spoiler

Reply 16
Original post by hxfsxh
^^

COMMON MISCONCEPTION:

We don't have five senses, we have five BASIC senses. The total number of senses is between 15 and 21.
Smell because I don't care about smelling things nice and I don't like stuff that smells like **** so I'll happily get rid of that.
Original post by Kyx
COMMON MISCONCEPTION:

We don't have five senses, we have five BASIC senses. The total number of senses is between 15 and 21.

Well in that case, I'm referring to the BASIC senses
Reply 19
Original post by hxfsxh
Well in that case, I'm referring to the BASIC senses

In which case it would be smell

Quick Reply

Latest