The Student Room Group

Most embarrassing moment on the train/tube/plane?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gwagon
This happened whilst I was travelling with my mom in the Dubai metro. Some young Middle Eastern guys started saying(out loud) racist stuff about Indians and Pakistanis - when literally the whole carriage was full of Indians and Pakistanis. Thankfully, no one in there was the confrontational type so everyone sorta kept silent. It was still VERY cringe-worthy tho...

Er Dubai Metro? :eyebrow:
I was going on the train to a uni open day last year or the year before that (can't remember lol), and I'd never been on a train before. I went to use the loo, but I didn't see the lock button to lock the door. So then a teenage guy about my age opened the door on me before I was done, and he saw my uh... private bits. My mum witnessed the whole thing and still teases me about that to this day :redface:
Original post by Hamoody
x

yikes, good thing a crowd cushioned your fall :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by Hamoody
Er Dubai Metro? :eyebrow:

Yes, the green line, IIRC.
On the tube I have tripped and fallen up the stairs 3 times :cry2:
I am a very backpack kind of person. I am also a very silly person. So it was just like me to start laughing at another guys infectious laughter and then get off the train, hitting him with my backpack (by accident ofc) and walking on his feet. Dammit :rolleyes:.
My sister and I have two strikes against us (from when we were young) for being extremely loud and fighting on the buses in London.
I was squashed between closing doors of a bus twice on the same journey- I think the bus driver was trying to amuse himself.....:colonhash:
Original post by karate-kid
I was squashed between closing doors of a bus twice on the same journey- I think the bus driver was trying to amuse himself.....:colonhash:

Aw, that's a mean bus driver:frown:, I once started ran for a bus, showing of my epic(ally slow) speed, and he went off just as i almost reached the doors:colonhash:
Original post by homeland.lsw
yikes, good thing a crowd cushioned your fall :biggrin:

Yass true, but very much to me embarrassment and other passengers' amusement :toofunny:

Original post by gwagon
Yes, the green line, IIRC.

Oh so you live in Dubai then?
I once wore a baseball cap that said 'CANADA' on it opposite an American boy on a tube once. I took it off in case he thought I was one of them.
I've remembered another one :tongue:

It was after PE, I didn't have any deoderant and could tell that I smelt awful and considered walking home (which would've taken well over an hour but anywho). I got the bus and sat behind these two people who started holding their nose and talking to eachother about me. I could tell because they were speaking Japanese so I understood bits and pieces of what they were saying. :hide::getmecoat:
Was standing next to this cute half morrocan/half English guy on the tube sometime last year and we were talking. I didn't have anything to hold on to and as the tube stopped I just tipped forward right onto him :innocent: we were both laughing after so it was fine,followed by I'm so sorry and some stares from random passengers.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
I fainted on the train once and awoke to find a woman holding my legs in the air. I was wearing a skirt which made it slightly embarrassing. Afterwards I started involuntarily crying and didn't have a tissue..
At least I got a seat out of it though!
Original post by gwagon
This happened whilst I was travelling with my mom in the Dubai metro. Some young Middle Eastern guys started saying(out loud) racist stuff about Indians and Pakistanis - when literally the whole carriage was full of Indians and Pakistanis. Thankfully, no one in there was the confrontational type so everyone sorta kept silent. It was still VERY cringe-worthy tho...

What about bengalis?
This is a story of me on the central line in London (if you know this line you know that it's always stuffed with humans and peak times it's hell).

So it was 5:30pm on my way home from work experience. I was already annoyed because I had to take another route home due to the train delays. I felt really and tired, I think I forgot to have my medicine this day. Anyways, I waited about 5 minutes for a train to arrive an it was full. I waited another 5 minutes hoping for some space but there was none. So I waited another 5 minutes and this train was full too. :mad2: I couldn't wait any longer, I got in. I stood near the door squashed between to people. I walked to the seats and as expected they were all taken. So I decided to just stand in that spot which was in front of the seats as there was more space. My legs were feeling really shaky, I was so tired. All of a sudden the train stopped at a red signal and I fell on an old man's lap. :colondollar: I was sitting there for about 3 seconds, which was long enough for the embarrassment. I now avoid standing near the seats. :rofl:
I blooded up a train seat once, and stumbled out of the train in my socks with blood dribbling down my legs.
Reply 37
Original post by Hamoody
Yass true, but very much to me embarrassment and other passengers' amusement :toofunny:

Oh so you live in Dubai then?

Used to. Now I live in Scotland lol
Reply 38
Original post by luminarychild
What about bengalis?

What about them?
Original post by luminarychild
What about bengalis?

bengalis aren't real
it's a made up race

Quick Reply

Latest