The Student Room Group

So apparently gender doesn't exist?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by lilacwanda28
It seems like you're confusing gender with sex.
Sex is the biological classification of being a man or a woman, or both.
Gender is more mental/social. So if it's more mental or social, then people can be whatever they like and shouldn't be judged by narrow-minded idiots like yourself. :smile:

It seems like nowadays "narrow-minded" is being used as a synonym for "not taking any of your bullsht".

But you do you, I suppose.
I'm just happy to have finally found out how to spell 'capisce' :^_^:
I honestly can't tell now if some of these teenagers are either taking the piss or are actually deranged and pretty much complain and make everyone accept their "gender".
Original post by Dr Pesto
I can't tell if that chart is a joke or not. If it isn't then Christ help us all.

It is absolutely a joke. It has the 4 gods of chaos from warhammer in it.

Original post by DiddyDec
Here it is.

Wth is this third gender?
(edited 8 years ago)
Gender does exist, its how you were biologically born whether you like it or not. If you feel you have the 'wrong body' then surgery will fix you up.
Original post by Vikingninja

It is absolutely a joke. It has the 4 gods of chaos from warhammer in it.

Be that as it may, I have now decided to identify my gender as Slaanesh.
Original post by Dr Pesto
Be that as it may, I have now decided to identify my gender as Slaanesh.

Slaanesh is 'normally' male on one side and female on the other.
Reply 46
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
I'm just happy to have finally found out how to spell 'capisce' :^_^:

Lool yes I know quite a few people who struggle with spelling that word. It's Italian, apparently.
Original post by Vikingninja
Slaanesh is 'normally' male on one side and female on the other.

I've just had a look at what they all look like, I think Khorne would be more suitable.
I applaud you OP - you are quite right. Gender and biological sex are inextricably linked, and one has no choice in the matter. The increasing trend of gender-denial is one of the darker sides of the LGBT movement. For the past two-and-a-half years, a friend of my mother's has been going through an ugly ordeal with her son, who is adamant that he is a girl. Most good parents would swiftly beat such senselessness out of their child and instil some proper moral values and decency, but what is the recommendation of his psychologist, who in all likelihood subscribes to this far-left social ideology? Let him be.
This is how they work. One at a time, corrupting the minds of our children. Such propaganda that is now pervasive in modern society is no doubt behind this boy's decision.

Only very recently, a survey was handed out to children of secondary-school-age, asking that they define their gender. A simple question, most well-raised children would rightly assume, but with no less than 25 options to choose from, from non-binary to trans-boy, one has to ask what the purpose of such an exercise was - genuine curiosity about the gender distribution of secondary schools? Or more youth-targeted propaganda, with the intention of wiping gender out of society and destroying the traditional family. The attitudes and beliefs these children grow up with will shape the rest of their lives. This is wicked, and vile. Don't you dare confuse children about what it means for a boy to be a boy and a girl to be a girl, or tell children that it is OK to be homosexual. The introduction of compulsory LGBT sex education is just the beginning. Soon, if it has not happened already, homosexuality will become fashionable and children will be pressured into "experimenting" with the same sex. Even when I was at school, declaring oneself bisexual was considered trendy - it was not long ago when those suspected of homosexuality were quite severely bullied.

I think Russia have responded to this in a most grown-up way with recent legislation addressing the indoctrination of children with such filth. I commend Putin and his government for not being shamed out of doing what is plainly right. It is doubtless that the downfall of traditional morality is behind all of this.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Learner4
Lool yes I know quite a few people who struggle with spelling that word. It's Italian, apparently.

I've gotta say, I'm unreasonably irritated that there isn't a 'h' in it :s-smilie:
Original post by Learner4
It seems like nowadays "narrow-minded" is being used as a synonym for "not taking any of your bullsht".

But you do you, I suppose.

who are we to say what's bullsht and not though?
people can believe what they want, I'm not gonna tell someone their whole identity is bullsht because I disagree, especially when they're not harming anyone
Original post by Sequin Rugby
I applaud you OP - you are quite right. Gender and biological sex are inextricably linked, and one has no choice in the matter. The increasing trend of gender-denial is one of the darker sides of the LGBT movement. For the past two-and-a-half years, a friend of my mother's has been going through an ugly ordeal with her son, who is adamant that he is a girl. Most good parents would swiftly beat such senselessness out of their child and instil some proper moral values and decency, but what is the recommendation of his psychologist, who in all likelihood subscribes to this far-left social ideology? Let him be.
This is how they work. One at a time, corrupting the minds of our children. Such propaganda that is now pervasive in modern society is no doubt behind this boy's decision.

Only very recently, a survey was handed out to children of secondary-school-age, asking that they define their gender. A simple question, most well-raised children would rightly assume, but with no less than 25 options to choose from, from non-binary or trans-boy, one has to ask what the purpose of such an exercise was - genuine curiosity about the gender distribution of secondary schools? Or more youth-targeted propaganda, with the intention of wiping gender out of society and destroying the traditional family. The attitudes and beliefs these children grow up with will shape the rest of their lives. This is wicked, and vile. Don't you dare confuse children about what it means for a boy to be a boy and a girl to be a girl, or tell children that it is OK to be homosexual. The introduction of compulsory LGBT sex education is just the beginning. Soon, if it has not happened already, homosexuality will become fashionable and children will be pressured into "experimenting" with the same sex. Even when I was at school, declaring oneself bisexual was considered trendy - it was not long ago when those suspected of homosexuality were quite severely bullied.

I think Russia have responded to this in a most grown-up way with recent legislation addressing the indoctrination of children with such filth. I commend Putin and his government for not being shamed out of doing what is plainly right. It is doubtless that the downfall of traditional morality is behind all of this.

Says the sequin rugby.
Original post by ivybridge
we live in gender roles, we buy clothes according to gender, we by healthcare products and beauty products based on gender

Do we?
Original post by morgan8002
Do we?

Largely, yes. If you say otherwise then you live on a foreign planet.
Original post by Blondie987
Imo anyway, gender certainly exists but is not as straightforward as people may assume, gender and biological anatomy are different and while most individuals relate their gender directly to their sex, it is important to understand that that is not the case for everyone and gender is much more based on how someone identifies and sees themself rather than a predispositioned certainty :smile:

I agree. I do not feel male or female. Inside I am a combination of 20 different genders. It's hard to explain

Gender should not exist. It only causes rifts in society. The LGBT community are largely to blame
Original post by Arsenal96
Gender should not exist. It only causes rifts in society. The LGBT community are largely to blame

What are you talking about? The LGBTQIA community are the ones largely fighting for it to be accepted that gender is seperate. It does and always will exist. Grow up.
What are you talking about? The LGBTQIA community are the ones largely fighting for it to be accepted that gender is seperate. It does and always will exist. Grow up.

The LGBT community turned gender into a debate. Before it was not important and gender was not even considered in most cases. The LGBT community have caused things to get worse in that respect. Also QIA does not exist

You appear to have omitted the proof for this implication. It seems non-trivial to me.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
I think you think that because in general 45 year olds don't tend to be on tumblr and that seems to be the only place you've looked.

I don't actually use tumblr. My observation still holds true in the real world, anyway. Most are rather young, awkward individuals. Odd fashion sense, pink hair, probably overweight... You know the special 'free spirits' I'm talking about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending