The Student Room Group

Do you pray 5 times a day?

be honest k

btw this is aimed at muslims so, if your not muslim feel free to comment but don't post anything offensive

thnxs x
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No, I don't. But, then, I don't believe in a god(s) so it would be kind of silly of me to pray at all, let alone five times a day. :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Hydeman
No, I don't. But, then, I don't believe in god(s) so it would be kind of silly of me to pray at all, let alone five times a day. :wink:

I'm assuming that this post is mainly aimed at Muslims, but thanks for the contribution :colone:
Reply 3
Original post by mariam687
be honest k

I used to but kind of lost the flow atm trying to get back to it though InShaAllah
Reply 4
Original post by Withengar
Yes, we should all waste our day talking to a imaginary (if violent and sexist) man in the sky.

its not a waste of time, as muslims we believe Allah is real and has no partners, we are instructed to pray 5 times a day.
Its clear you're not muslim, so i don't expect you to understand, but i find what you have posted offensive and there was no need for that.
Original post by 713Wave
I'm assuming that this post is mainly aimed at Muslims, but thanks for the contribution :colone:

I know, but #LiteralismFTW. :u:
Reply 6
Original post by Nuba123
I used to but kind of lost the flow atm trying to get back to it though InShaAllah

thats great :smile:
Reply 7
Yes, we should all waste our day talking to a imaginary (if violent and sexist) man in the sky.

If we take each prayer to take around 5 minutes (often less) then it's taking 1.74% of the day. I don't know about you, but i wouldn't say taking up 1.74% of a day is nearly taking up the whole day.
Reply 8
Same to be honest. Inshallah I get back to praying 5 times a day also
well, it depends how much time I have in the day. I pray as often as I can
Reply 10
I prey on my enemies 5 times a day
Original post by Anonymous
well, it depends how much time I have in the day. I pray as often as I can

1.74% of the day. It hardly takes any time at all
Reply 12
Nonsense comparison. I'm not an English teacher either, but my grammar and spelling isn't horrible.

im not talking about grammar, im talking about your comment that was uneccessary.
Reply 13
Nah but we have a family prayer at night before we go to sleep and I pray before I go to school.
Original post by mariam687
im not talking about grammar, im talking about your comment that was uneccessary.

A person who spends his time bent over and talking to an imaginary man is talking to me about "unnecessary."
Don't really see the point of finding out if others pray or not, its a personal thing between you & Allah swt. If you don't, then try to and if you do then make sure its with the right Niyyah, end of :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
I do yes but sometimes i pray not on time e.g combining dhuhr with Asr and
Yes I do Alhamdulillah..:h:
4 times a day allhamdulillah. Fajr(Sunrise Prayer) Is Tough..
I read fard so altogether It takes me around 20-25 minutes a day. Not much in the whole scheme of things. TV shows last as twice as long.
(edited 8 years ago)

Grammatical corrections:
-'an' should be used instead of 'a' because the word following it begins with a vowel
-the use of the word 'if' suggests that you, yourself, are uncertain as to whether this accusation of yours is valid or true which contradicts the sarcastic tone of the sentence
- 'waste our day' not precisely as Muslims do not spend 24 hours of their day worshiping

Hopefully this educated you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending