The Student Room Group

School calls police because pupil visited UKIP website on class computer

Poll

Did the school do the right thing?

A school in Hampshire called in police after a pupil viewed the UKIP website on a class computer, it has been reported.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/school-called-police-because-boy-visited-ukip-website-on-class-computer-a6899641.html

Scroll to see replies

LOOOOOOOOOOOoL
Reply 2
good, UKIP are just more overtly racist tories
Reply 3
Surely then they'd do the same thing if a pupil looked at material related to Corbyn?
Reply 4
Original post by mangala
good, UKIP are just more overtly racist tories

They're not even racist.
Reply 5
Sounds like something out of 1984 lol
I thought that the school would of blocked the actual website if it was an issue. At my school, we can't log onto public emails or youtube.
Reply 8

Comments of members don't speak for the whole party though - e.g. Thornberry's comments, Abbott's comments. UKIP just gets extra scrutiny, but interestingly they seem to take a much tougher disciplinary stance.
Original post by BaronK
They're not even racist.

to suggest that UKIP are not racist is patently ridiculous ...
Reply 10
Original post by mangala
ur a tory mate sorry

Ey ey no name calling- no wonder politics is such a shitfest. Rely on your arguments, not your "wit"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by mangala
ur a tory mate sorry

Ah yes, because political alignment anything more right than left nullifies any point you make.
Reply 12
Original post by RobML
Ey ey no name calling- no wonder politics is such a shitfest. Rely on your arguments, not your "wit"

Posted from TSR Mobile

if you feel that the word tory is an insult then it says a lot about torys' guilty conscience
Reply 13
Original post by zippyRN
to suggest that UKIP are not racist is patently ridiculous ...

I'll take it from the tsr experts.
Reply 14
Original post by mangala
if you feel that the word tory is an insult then it says a lot about torys' guilty conscience

I didn't say it was an insult. You're clearly implying with your point that "being a tory" means my point doesn't matter.
Reply 15
Original post by mangala

You clearly intended it to be an insult.
Anyway I'm just speaking in general, which was prompted by your tone and not any specific thing said

also I despise UKIP but at the same time I also despise pettiness
(edited 8 years ago)
Then the left claim they are tolerant. They will protect Islamists but arrest a kid who visited the UKIP website
Reply 17
I can't believe there are actually people voting yes here...
Reply 18
Marie-Louise Litton sounds like she needs to get a grip with reality and Hampshire Constabulary need to stop wasting tax payer money.
Reply 19
Original post by Arsenal96
Then the left claim they are tolerant. They will protect Islamists but arrest a kid who visited the UKIP website

Schools and police operate under a tory government, so I don't see that applies.
If anything the police are pretending that they aren't targeting Muslims in the new safe-guarding laws by wasting resources on things like this

Quick Reply

Latest