The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Didn't you guys get an email saying that they will start giving out offers on 3rd March? Or is it just for overseas students..:colonhash:
Anyway the email they sent out said that they have finished all the interviews and they are just assessing all the profiles right now, and they will have a meeting on 3rd March and should start giving out offers from that day until the end of March
Original post by dofesucks
Didn't you guys get an email saying that they will start giving out offers on 3rd March? Or is it just for overseas students..:colonhash:
Anyway the email they sent out said that they have finished all the interviews and they are just assessing all the profiles right now, and they will have a meeting on 3rd March and should start giving out offers from that day until the end of March

Oh nice! Hopefully that's legit! Sweet username by the way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SamWoopSam
Oh nice! Hopefully that's legit! Sweet username by the way

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I don't get anything by the end of March I shall start crying really haha. And thank you for your appreciation. You do D of E as well?
If I don't get anything by the end of March I shall start crying really haha. And thank you for your appreciation. You do D of E as well?

Haha yeah same, and yeah like I guess it kinda goes without saying, most wannabe medics are Hardcore DofE folk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else receive an email from accounts with an attatchment that wouldn't open? (On my Dundee applicant email)
Original post by mightymo
Did anyone else receive an email from accounts with an attatchment that wouldn't open? (On my Dundee applicant email)

Are you an international applicant?

Really?!!!!!!
Original post by bigs1998
Are you an international applicant?

I'm a Scottish applicant and I got one too! It's a spreadsheet with no data in it - unless my phone/computer can't open it correctly. I have no clue what it means lol
Original post by dolphinqueen
I'm a Scottish applicant and I got one too! It's a spreadsheet with no data in it - unless my phone/computer can't open it correctly. I have no clue what it means lol

I got one too and I'm from Northern Ireland lol no idea what it means! when did you guys get the email I got mine Tuesday 16th Feb?

Did the actual email say anything haha?

Original post by medapplicant24
I got one too and I'm from Northern Ireland lol no idea what it means! when did you guys get the email I got mine Tuesday 16th Feb?

is it the email from "copier@dundee" with an XLS attachment that doesn't open? if so I'm currently staring at it and I don't think it's anything important :redface:
No I'm Scottish. It thanked me for using electronic billing or something like that and it arrived yesterday.
Original post by thermometer
is it the email from "copier@dundee" with an XLS attachment that doesn't open? if so I'm currently staring at it and I don't think it's anything important :redface:

Yeah that's what mine was haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is really weird. I have been sent an email (15th jan) to my Dundee email from [email protected] saying "Your report is attached in DOC format" and the doc is blank....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Original post by Junioh
Really?!!!!!!

yep...I guess only international students got it?
yep...I guess only international students got it?

that would make sense, I'm a scottish applicant and I didn't get anything like that
I think the emails you've been getting are because the uni's email has been hacked, and people have been receiving spam emails from spoofed accounts ending in .dundee.ac.uk and/or external addresses containing downloadable virus attachments...basically - don't open the attachments! (know this because my mum works at the university and all the staff have been told about it)
So offers aren't being given out on the 3rd? Ugh 😅
Original post by Kinlx127
So offers aren't being given out on the 3rd? Ugh 😅

No, sorry, that's not what I meant - I think that email was legit because that came out before the hacking, I was just referring to the other emails with XLS/DOC attachments people were getting. Sorry I didn't make myself clear!
Original post by thelionsroar_
I think the emails you've been getting are because the uni's email has been hacked, and people have been receiving spam emails from spoofed accounts ending in .dundee.ac.uk and/or external addresses containing downloadable virus attachments...basically - don't open the attachments! (know this because my mum works at the university and all the staff have been told about it)

I was panicking coz I thought only people who are getting offers will receive an email :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending