The Student Room Group

History - A Level revision help - France In Revolution 1776-1830

In my AS History, I fared rather badly, of which only I can take responsibility for, due to me doing scant revision. I got a D, which is not even close to my potential. I believe that I have the ability to get an A, if I revise and practise adequately.

Has anyone done this exam before and can give me advice on what areas of the French Revolution I should be revising the most and tips on how to answer source-based questions etc...

Before I would just answer questions spontaneously and go off on a tangent without having any plan or formula, which is why my results fluctuate, on practise essays I've received Ds and A*s
Original post by Hirsty97
In my AS History, I fared rather badly, of which only I can take responsibility for, due to me doing scant revision. I got a D, which is not even close to my potential. I believe that I have the ability to get an A, if I revise and practise adequately.

Has anyone done this exam before and can give me advice on what areas of the French Revolution I should be revising the most and tips on how to answer source-based questions etc...

Before I would just answer questions spontaneously and go off on a tangent without having any plan or formula, which is why my results fluctuate, on practise essays I've received Ds and A*s

I'm doing French Revolution with CIE board and it's a pretty interesting topic. One can get really lost in the chain of events but it is this sequence of events that one must be familiar with in order to do well for the exams. I haven't done any essays yet as I'm still in the midst of memorizing the sequence of events.

what difficulties did you face when you did the French Revolution topic? what are your thoughts on the topic? Do share.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending